Debt Dumpers 2020

I just sold my InstantPot on FB Marketplace. It took too long to pressurize and I felt like all I ever cooked in there were stews/soups which I can just use my crockpot for. Plus, I used it so infrequently that I always had to re-read the manual and then I was still uncertain if I was doing it right. Glad to have it gone. It was a BIG honkin' thing!

May I ask, how much were you able to get for it? Dh bought one to try but found it kept burning things. He kept struggling with it and kept saying, There's a learning curve here, but still never quite got the hang of it. He is our chef and is used to the crock pot so we're back to that. I'd love to unload it. We should have returned it to Kohls while the return period was still valid.

Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary. :lovestruc:cloud9: :love2:
We are having our wedding video on VHS converted to a digital file. I'm dropping it off tomorrow and so look forward to watching it. We haven't had a camcorder in years. Our kids have never seen it. So many people who attended are now gone. It will be nice to see them all again, looking young and having fun. :sad1:
ETA: I meant to say VCR, not camcorder. No way to watch it as a VHS cassette.

Last edited:
May I ask, how much were you able to get for it? Dh bought one to try but found it kept burning things. He kept struggling with it and kept saying, There's a learning curve here, but still never quite got the hang of it. He is our chef and is used to the crock pot so we're back to that. I'd love to unload it. We should have returned it to Kohls while the return period was still valid.

I got $50 for it. It was an 8 quart and I also had a steamer basket that I purchased separately. Several people tried to offer less than the $50 asking price but I politely declined and it sold in just over a week.

Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary. :lovestruc:cloud9: :love2:
We are having our wedding video on VHS converted to a digital file. I'm dropping it off tomorrow and so look forward to watching it. We haven't had a camcorder in years. Our kids have never seen it. So many people who attended are now gone. It will be nice to see them all again, looking young and having fun. :sad1:
Congrats! We are almost at 25th. Enjoy the digital file that will be fun to see I'm sure. I didn't know I'd find myself when older reflecting so much, missing old times and the people in it!

Checking in!! I've been super busy lately so haven't checked in in a while, but I'm excited to say we paid off DH's student loan!! Feels so great to be done with it! I was tired of just paying it every month so we went ahead and took the plunge and it's gone! I actually accidentally overpaid it lol. Forgot to factor in this month's autopayment so now I'm waiting to get that refunded haha.

Checking in!! I've been super busy lately so haven't checked in in a while, but I'm excited to say we paid off DH's student loan!! Feels so great to be done with it! I was tired of just paying it every month so we went ahead and took the plunge and it's gone! I actually accidentally overpaid it lol. Forgot to factor in this month's autopayment so now I'm waiting to get that refunded haha.

🎉🎉🎉 nice feeling, no more payment!

Isn't it such a huge weight lifted off of you? Ahhhh...

Congratulations!
party:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

And I'll add some more bananas for myself because: bye-bye CC #1! Sapphire is paid in full. Will be using it from now on for purchases and paying weekly. The point system is valuable to my family and how we use it. (I make that statement in case someone wants to give me their opinion on another card...which I won't take. :rotfl2: )
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Covid has hit my husbands work. Good news is that means there has been lots of overtime lately. In my preparations for my Christmas baking I have been searching for cherry baking chips. I cannot seem to find any locally this year! If I can't find any I will probably just ditch the recipe as I can't bring myself to pay $9 per bag on amazon!

Covid has hit my husbands work. Good news is that means there has been lots of overtime lately. In my preparations for my Christmas baking I have been searching for cherry baking chips. I cannot seem to find any locally this year! If I can't find any I will probably just ditch the recipe as I can't bring myself to pay $9 per bag on amazon!
I think a lot of people are trying to buy ahead for the holiday baking season. I bought extra sugar and flour last week. And chocolate chips. Because what is wrong with extra chocolate?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: for you @imbatman!

Anyone finding any good Prime day deals? (Or Target or Walmart) The only thing I wanted from Prime was a new Kindle, it's an early birthday present to myself from my DH. I currently have a 5th gen 2012 Kindle which has worked great, but it's been acting wonky the last few months and I was just ready for an upgrade. I'm trading in the 5th gen for $15 and 20% off a new kindle. Since it's Prime Days the Paperwhite is on sale for $80 (reg. $130), and with my 20% off and gift card it brings the price down to $40. :cool1::cool1::cool1: I also purchased a cover/case for it, so my grand total was $65. Still not too shabby if I do say so myself. I've been browsing their other deals (plus Target and Walmart) and nothing else is jumping out at me for personal or gifts.

I found a set of kitchen knives on Amazon for about $15 that has decent reviews, but I scrolled pages and pages too and didn't really find anything else.

i've found that amazon ups the price on some items when it does prime day sales so while they will offer say movies buy 2 get 1 free they've upped the price of the movies such that i don't do as well as buying the same movies under the same deal on target. i managed to snag 3 of the movies dd wants so i saved about 1/3rd on those. no big savings at walmart but i did snag dd a couple of books she wanted at about the same price i could get them for elsewhere BUT adding them to my order qualified her eeyore union suit (everyone always gets a new pair of pj's for christmas eve) for free shipping. all in all a good shopping trip (and i didn't have to leave the house-the wind here is NUTS).

Ugh, DS19 texted he had to get the car towed today. They’ll call him tomorrow when they look at it and he’ll call us. We put a lot of money into it this summer when DS17 went back to lifeguarding. Hope it’s nothing big. Low tire pressure and steering wheel hard to move, he said.

Otherwise, things are moving long for the smaller than we thought plumbing repairs. We got the flooring estimate last week and bought a vanity over the weekend. Scheduled it to start in a couple weeks. Can’t wait for a (almost) brand new bathroom!

Power steering hoses both need to be replaced bc they’re leaking. The place he had it towed to called me and was not giving me satisfactory answers to questions related to their diagnosis (which was the same but with little info) so I called our mechanic and talked to him and then had the car towed to him (40 miles, covered). They won’t know if the power steering pump is bad/needs replacing until they do the hoses. They’ll order the hoses and be able to do it tomorrow, and for about $100 less than the other place quoted me. We can most likely get the car back to DS over the weekend.

Power steering hoses both need to be replaced bc they’re leaking. The place he had it towed to called me and was not giving me satisfactory answers to questions related to their diagnosis (which was the same but with little info) so I called our mechanic and talked to him and then had the car towed to him (40 miles, covered). They won’t know if the power steering pump is bad/needs replacing until they do the hoses. They’ll order the hoses and be able to do it tomorrow, and for about $100 less than the other place quoted me. We can most likely get the car back to DS over the weekend.

I had my power steering go out on my lunch break once. Only good thing was the mechanic a lot of as at work went to was on the way back to the office ans would drop and pick up people. But driving it the 5ish miles to the shop sucked. Definitely made me glad power steering had been invented 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter