Debarkation day-what to do while waiting for flight?

JessP81

Earning My Ears
I am trying to figure out a plan for debarkation day. We get off the cruise ship in Port Canaveral and our flight home doesn't leave from MCO until 6:00pm. We have 7 in our party, 5 adults and 2 children (ages 3 and 9) any e have any good ideas for how to pass the time?

I am trying to figure out a plan for debarkation day. We get off the cruise ship in Port Canaveral and our flight home doesn't leave from MCO until 6:00pm. We have 7 in our party, 5 adults and 2 children (ages 3 and 9) any e have any good ideas for how to pass the time?
Options would be - get a rental car, head for Disney Springs for a while.

Or get a day room at the Hyatt at the airport. That's actually what I'd look into. Remember, you're going to be getting up early and off the ship that day. A place to catch a nap, use the pool, just reset for the trip back home is really nice.

Our flight is at 430: we're renting a day room at the Hyatt so the kids can use the pool and we can all chill.

After our last cruise, we had a day room at the Hyatt. We also stopped by the TSA PreCheck office and signed up for that service.

We took our kids to the Florida Mall and went to the Crayola Experience. We were done with Disney stuff, and a day room at the hotel wasn't going to be enough for our kids (4 & 7)

I wouldn't say it was the greatest thing we've ever done in our lives or anything like that, but it was a totally reasonable way for our kids to be engaged and running around and doing activities for many of the hours (our flight was at 5)

We also considered a beach day and researched those options, and we thought about going to NASA, but didn't for reasons I can't even remember.

The first DCL cruise we ever went on ended on a Thursday morning during my son's winter break. I saw no reason to head home from Florida midweek, so we stayed at WDW for three nights afterwards. We've continued doing this on every cruise since!

The short version is that we've never headed directly home.

Disney Outlet Shopping. We did both outlets and had lunch before our late flight in March.

A day stay at the Hyatt. It's comfortable, the pool is nice and there are good restaurants around.

We've done that and we've had a great experience. It felt like an extra day of vacation when we were expecting "end of the cruise sadness".

Thank you for the ideas! I had no idea that they did day rooms at the hyatt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter