• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DD's BF leaving for bootcamp need ideas...

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
My dd's bf family is having a huge going away party for their son as he is leaving in July for the marines. Any ideas on what to give him as a going away present? Im stumped! Thank you!

There are different Saint medallions that generally after basic they can wear with the dog tags.

A phone card is the best thing you can give! Also, I sent with my son paper, envelopes, stamps and a small address book filled in with family members addys. They can't have too much don't forget ;)

Ditto the phone card, writing supplies and addresses. My son wrote more letters in his 6 weeks of basic than he'd written in his life, not only to his parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, but also aunts, uncles and cousins (although I have heard that they are basically instructed to do so). I don't think he spent as much time writing during all of high school! And even though his phone time was very, very limited during basic, now that he's past that phase and waiting to get into his tech school, he "burns" through a phone card pretty fast.

::yes::

is he religious? my son asked for a bible to travel with. ( and he's not religious) my son also loves the local newspaper. Maybe get him a subscription to start when basic is over or magazine subcription to start when basic is over. maybe you could buy him something on his list like his running shoes or his towels or his watch. Its hard to get things for basic because there are so many things they will not be able to have with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter