DDP worth it for us?

Shugardrawers

<font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f
Sister and I are going a year from Dec. Having a small appetite myself we could easily share meals. Is the DDP even worth it for us? She's not a big eater either. It would be nice to eat without worrying about what we can share but not if it's going to cost us a lot more in the end.

You've completed half the equation- you know how you eat.
Now pick out where or what types of places have menus you enjoy and do the comparative math.
This will give you both the costs and whether sharing is allowed for your small appetites:).

We did the DDP because we have 3 small children and were doing all character meals. Today is the last day of our trip and we started out the day with 5 QS and 18 snack credits left (in addition to the 4 T.S. we were using for dinner)! It’s a ton of food. It’s super hot and we just aren’t hungry enough to eat all these credits. I ended up getting some caramel popcorn, trail mix, and chocolate bars to take home for family as souvenirs. I haven’t done the calculation yet but I’m guessing we at least broke even using the DDP for these expensive character meals but it’s been a bit stressful thinking I’m “wasting” credits. I like the “all inclusive” feel but honestly we would never be buying all this stuff normally. Sounds like the DDP may not be worth it for you.

The only advantages I can think of is that DDP would provide nice TS meals and there's no worry about what you are spending. But it's so much food! Anone know how much DDP is per person per day for adults?

The only advantages I can think of is that DDP would provide nice TS meals and there's no worry about what you are spending. But it's so much food! Anone know how much DDP is per person per day for adults?

Yes. The regular DDP is $75.49 per adult per NIGHT of your trip.

If you're the type of person who will look at the prices on the menu and order something you don't really want to eat because it's the cheaper option, then the plan may be for you. If, on the other hand, you're on the plan and know you've spent $75 for it and you look at the menu and order the most expensive thing to make sure you're getting your money's worth, then the plan is probably not for you. YOU are the only one that can decide which way is going to make for a more magical and fun vacation for YOU.

If I understand it correctly, if you share a room and are buying a package then you both have to have the dining plan. I don't think only 1 person in a room can buy it.

If I understand it correctly, if you share a room and are buying a package then you both have to have the dining plan. I don't think only 1 person in a room can buy it.

I think you need some more coffee this morning. :)

OP wasn't asking if they can share one DDP, they said they have small appetites and can easily share a meal. In that scenario, would a DDP be worth it, is the question at hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter