DDP snacks as main meal

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
We are heading out to AKL next year and have the regular DDP for free. We don't want to spend time every day at a sit down meal and don't want to spend loads on tips so our plan is to only book 2 credit restaurants and therefore only have 1 sit down every 2 days.
This obviously leaves us a little short every other day so my question is this: does anyone have any recommendations for DDP snacks that could do as a full / light meal?

We are heading out to AKL next year and have the regular DDP for free. We don't want to spend time every day at a sit down meal and don't want to spend loads on tips so our plan is to only book 2 credit restaurants and therefore only have 1 sit down every 2 days.
This obviously leaves us a little short every other day so my question is this: does anyone have any recommendations for DDP snacks that could do as a full / light meal?

You can also use your TS meals for a QS meal which eliminates the need for a tip, but still allows you to eat a full meal.

At the patisserie in France you can get sweet and savory items with snack credits for a light meal.

Sunshine Seasons has a few things that are snacks but light meals.

AK there’s a fried rice for a snack that was filling. And egg rolls too I think.

AK - Flame Tree has fries topped with pulled pork and cheese, which should be very filling. 8 Spoon Cafe (if open) has mac & cheese and two topping options are shrimp and pulled pork. Caravan Rd (if open) has a teriyaki beef slider and a noodle salad. Mr. Kamal's has chicken dumplings, seasoned fries, and a little hummus plate.
Mara QS has oatmeal, potatoes, and smoothies for breakfast. Soup is a snack credit during lunch/dinner.

EP - Les Halles, lobster bisque and baguette (separate credits), ham & cheese croissant, bacon & cheese roll, soup in a bread bowl, $10 cheese plate, pissaladiere. Refreshment port, poutine.

MK - Casey's, chili cheese fries and sometimes there's a seasonal option.

Can you tell I've been researching savory snacks? :D

Last edited:
AK - Flame Tree has fries topped with pulled pork and cheese, which should be very filling. 8 Spoon Cafe (if open) has mac & cheese and two topping options are shrimp and pulled pork. Caravan Rd (if open) has a teriyaki beef slider and a noodle salad. Mr. Kamal's has chicken dumplings, seasoned fries, and a little hummus plate.
Mara QS has oatmeal, potatoes, and smoothies for breakfast. Soup is a snack credit during lunch/dinner.

EP - Les Halles, lobster bisque and baguette (separate credits), ham & cheese croissant, bacon & cheese roll, soup in a bread bowl, $10 cheese plate, pissaladiere. Refreshment port, poutine.

Just a bit lol but thank you, very helpful!!!

I'm noticing that Caravan Rd does not accept dining plan. :-(
There's also a few places that are on the confirmed list that no longer accept the dining plan--Smiling Crocodile for one.
So disappointed.

There's also a few places that are on the confirmed list that no longer accept the dining plan--Smiling Crocodile for one.
So disappointed.
Aww are you kidding? Really disappointed about that... I really can't justify spending oop for extra food when we already have the dining plan!

So disappointed.

Aww are you kidding? Really disappointed about that... I really can't justify spending oop for extra food when we already have the dining plan!

This isn't accurate. "Doesn't accept dining plan" is referring to full meals. They don't have a QS meal to provide for a QS credit. If you look on the Allears or Touring Plans sites, you'll see the purple icon denoting snack credits are accepted. It's confusing but, I assure you, if you see that purple icon on a menu then you can get the item for a snack credit.

I suggest that you watch a few WDW snacks credit blogs. There are so many we had no idea we were missing!!!! The only thing I feel you should be aware of is that some kiosks close for inclement weather. My nieces were hoping for the pulled pork mac and cheese in DAK and some kind of chicken wing they had seen. The kiosks were close for rain. We did dine at Flame Tree, and shoudl have split the meals. They were enough for two!

I think that splitting the CS meals is a great way to stretch credits and not feel so full at the end of a meal. Beteerrn that and using a snack credit as a light lunch or breakfast, you might could manage with what you have in credits.

While your plan seems budget friendly, I worry that you all are going to be hungry on your no sit down days. I know when we are at Disney with all the walking, we get really hungry and one QS meal and a snack wouldn’t cut it.

Are you really going to save that much by tipping on one pricey meal over two less expensive meals?

While your plan seems budget friendly, I worry that you all are going to be hungry on your no sit down days. I know when we are at Disney with all the walking, we get really hungry and one QS meal and a snack wouldn’t cut it.

Are you really going to save that much by tipping on one pricey meal over two less expensive meals?

I completely get your point only a small part of the reason is the money spent tipping though which I should have been clearer about, so apologies for that. The last time we had the dining plan we found that we spent a lot of time in restaurants when we wanted to be on rides or enjoying the scenery. I generally only eat one meal a day at home but I agree with you that at Disney more is needed for those 12 hour walking days! I just want us to have more options than 'oh I'm feeling peckish, I'll grab an apple or some fries '

We are thinking of using the QS DDP for the F&W because I understand we can turn a QS into 3 snacks at one kiosk - does anyone know if the kiosk CMs are aware or are we going to be holding up the line while they figure out if we can do this?

We are thinking of using the QS DDP for the F&W because I understand we can turn a QS into 3 snacks at one kiosk - does anyone know if the kiosk CMs are aware or are we going to be holding up the line while they figure out if we can do this?
We did this so many times and never had an issue at flower and garden

We have not been to WDW in a few years but are planning for next May. I don't know portion sizes so not sure if they would be enough but this is what I've found on allears menus -

MK
  • Pinocchio Village Haus has tomato basil soup, breadsticks.
  • Columbia Harbor House has vegeterian chili, N.E. clam chowder, mac & cheese, vegetable rice all as snacks.
  • Starbucks has a bunch of pastries which would work for breakfast
  • Sleepy Hollow has a couple of waffles as snacks (not all)
  • Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies has smoothies
Epcot
  • Lotus Blossom has egg rolls
  • Les Halles in France has lobster bisque, pumpkin soup in bread bowl (that was back in Oct so the pumpkin soup might be seasonal). Bacon and cheese roll, half a baguette, pissaladiere, ham & cheese croissant, They also have several pastries that would serve as breakfast.
  • The crepe stand has several crepes - but I know there are plans for a new crepe place so who knows if this one will close any time soon.
  • Sunshine Seasons has several items - salads, soups, cheese/veggie plate etc
  • Sommerfest has cold macaroni salad and Nudel gratin
  • Katsura Grill has miso soup, edamame.
AK
  • Harambe Fruit Market has corn on the cob, fruit & cheese, and a bunch of fruits, trail mix, Mickey pretzels.
  • Kusafiri Coffee Shop has a "colossal" cinnamon roll that serves 2 listed as a snack. Don't know if it is considered 1 or 2 snacks? It is $7.49 so one of the most expensive snacks to use a credit on.
  • Mr Kamal's has chicken dumplings, hummus, seasoned fries
  • Quality Beverages has egg rolls - the single egg roll counts as a snack
  • Thirsty River Bar has hummus w/veggies plus the usual Mickey pretzels etc
  • Y&Y has chicken fried rice (side, not regular), egg roll (single), basket of fries
  • Creature Comforts (Starbucks) has the usual pastries
  • Eight Spoon Cafe has mac 'n cheese with pulled pork and one with shrimp
  • Flame Tree BBQ has fries with pulled pork and cheese, onion rings
  • Pizzafari has tomato soup and garlic knots
  • Terra Treats is not showing anything as a snack credit but someone mentioned having a few things here that counted as such.
gtg but I'll come back and finish later ;)
DHS

Last edited:
You didn't mention what time of year you are going, but we usually fill the gap in credits left by signature meals with the food booths at Epcot Festivals. We find 2 snacks a day is more than we eat with meals so we have plenty to spend on the booths. We can share items to try or get our own for some favorites.

You didn't mention what time of year you are going, but we usually fill the gap in credits left by signature meals with the food booths at Epcot Festivals. We find 2 snacks a day is more than we eat with meals so we have plenty to spend on the booths. We can share items to try or get our own for some favorites.
Quite right, apologies! We are going during flower and garden so we can definitely take advantage of the festival snacks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter