DDP Question for child

4mykids

Mouseketeer
My DD is 12, but usually eats chicken nuggets & fries in whatever form when we go out. We have studied the WDW menus and goes to the child's menu everytime. We have been to WDW over 20 times so we know the restaurants and food choices. I know from past experience that the servers will allow a child, no matter how old, to order off of the kids' menus. I am still trying to decide whether I get the DDP for 2 adults (just myself and DD12 going this trip) or do I go out-of-pocket? I just feel I would be wasting money.

Thoughts on this? What would you do?

Thanks!

4mykids said:
My DD is 12, but usually eats chicken nuggets & fries in whatever form when we go out. We have studied the WDW menus and goes to the child's menu everytime. We have been to WDW over 20 times so we know the restaurants and food choices. I know from past experience that the servers will allow a child, no matter how old, to order off of the kids' menus. I am still trying to decide whether I get the DDP for 2 adults (just myself and DD12 going this trip) or do I go out-of-pocket? I just feel I would be wasting money.

Thoughts on this? What would you do?

Thanks!

I'd get the DDP since the portions of the kids food choices can be doubled when used to order off the kids menu for someone who paid the full adult price, or save her credit and use it for signature dining and pay OOP for her kids meal. As for kids meal choices at the CS the options are not that great and many do not include chicken nuggets and fries. Kids don't have the same options as they did a few years ago. My DD is big on hotdogs and chicken planks when on vacation and none of these were on the kids menu--If you pay for her as an adult her CS would be ocverd and most are in the area of $10.00. If you are doing any buffets you will be charged the adult price so the DDP is a benefit here as well. Even if orderinga kids meal at the TS if you add the price of the appetizer and dessert and drink and tip and tax you may be way ahead once your meal is totalled in there as well. I was worried about my DS in December--he easily ate more than i didi and enjoyed the adult menu choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter