DDP kids question

poohbear12880

Mouseketeer
we are thinking about getting the DDP for the first time. We have 2 kids- Can adults use their credits? If we go to a breakfast for example? Can an adult use a kid’s credit for an adult counter service meal? I know on the regular DP, it differenciates between kids and adult. Thank you!

For the regular DDP...

Kid and adult QS credits are the same. They can be used interchangeably.
Kid TS credits MUST be used for kids. Adults cannot use them.

For the Deluxe DDP....

Both kid and adult TS credits are *currently* the same. They can be used interchangeably.

For the regular DDP...

Kid and adult QS credits are the same. They can be used interchangeably.
Kid TS credits MUST be used for kids. Adults cannot use them.

For the Deluxe DDP....

Both kid and adult TS credits are *currently* the same. They can be used interchangeably.
What about just the Counter Service dining plan? Same or different?

What about just the Counter Service dining plan? Same or different?
They are all the same on the quick serve plan. I used to use my daughters credits and pay cash for her meals. I even will buy just the entree and no sides because she is not a big eater. Some of her meals were $4!

W the qs plan, credits are pooled, there is no credit assigned to an individual. You may use them as you like

I just wanted to clarify - So on the DDP, the kid and adult TS credits are not different? So, for example if we had 5 "kid" credits could we use those for grandparents who want to dine with us one day?

I just wanted to clarify - So on the DDP, the kid and adult TS credits are not different? So, for example if we had 5 "kid" credits could we use those for grandparents who want to dine with us one day?

No. On the standard DDP (the mid level one) TS credits are differentiated. Kid credits have to be used for kids, and the kids have to order off the kids' menu. Adults cannot use kids TS credits for TS meals at all.

Only on the Deluxe DDP are the TS credits not differentiated between adult and kid.

The only way the grandparents could use those credits is at a QS restaurant, where you would be exchanging the TS credits for QS.

If by “DDP” you mean the Deluxe Dining Plan, then yes, as of now you could use the kid’s dining credits on an adult. All credits are pooled for the deluxe plan and there is no differentiation between adult/child credits.

Yes, I'm sorry- I'm talking about the Deluxe Dining plan.. So adults can use a child credit? Are they all just pooled together?

There are no child or adult credits on DxDP, just credits

You may use them as you choose with whomever you choose...

At this time. This is always subject to change by Disney’s whim.

Its a wonder that people who are on a room only reservation, or a DVC reservation and have their tickets separate, don't add "ghost" kids onto their reservation or put their teens downs as 9-years-old in order to exploit this loophole to the max at the lowest price. Sad, but true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!