DDIL will be 7 months pregnant at disney.

I’ve been twice while pregnant. Both at 7 months. Once in December and once in June.

December was fine. I was hot but it was totally fine. I got sick on the plane but that happens all the time for me. I threw up so hard I couldn’t breath, so that was new. Ha
In June, it was so hot. So so hot. I walked everyday of my pregnancy before and after my trip. I wear a Fitbit and usually got 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day (I have two other young boys that are active) and my steps were comparable in Disney. But my legs swelled up like you wouldn’t believe. I felt like I drank enough but I must not have.

Tell her to look into sports tape for her belly. I didn’t discover it until we got back but it was AMAZING for my back. I was at the chiropractor every week prior to taping my belly, after I never had pain for the rest of my pregnancy. (And I gained 65 pounds)

She has a 2 year and a 5 year old, so she is busy. We went last May, several days it was high 90's. It was hard on us. We (grandma and grandpa) went with our DD's family in Sept when it was also high 90's and 1000% humidity. I had to say, I'm not going to make this morning. We even gave up FP at FOP, that's how bad it was. LOL

I am concerned about leg swelling. That's why I thought the EVC would help. I will mention the tape.

Everyone mentions drinking water, how much are we talking about? I only ask because we plan to bring soda, juice pouches and water bottles into the park. I know we can get ice water at CS, but it's handier just to have it with the stroller. And of course we can buy, but again, just trying to plan.

I just made sure to be sipping water throughout the day and refilling from water fountains or CS as necessary. Even with a stroller, I wouldn't want to be bringing multiple waters for each person and we never do. If the taste is bothersome, Brita makes a water bottle that has a filter in the top.

She has a 2 year and a 5 year old, so she is busy. We went last May, several days it was high 90's. It was hard on us. We (grandma and grandpa) went with our DD's family in Sept when it was also high 90's and 1000% humidity. I had to say, I'm not going to make this morning. We even gave up FP at FOP, that's how bad it was. LOL

I am concerned about leg swelling. That's why I thought the EVC would help. I will mention the tape.

Everyone mentions drinking water, how much are we talking about? I only ask because we plan to bring soda, juice pouches and water bottles into the park. I know we can get ice water at CS, but it's handier just to have it with the stroller. And of course we can buy, but again, just trying to plan.

Basically she should always have water in her hand, at all times. My daughter was born in august and I swear that was the hottest summer we'd had (or it only felt like that). I was about as pregnant as your daughter in law will be when I did my NYC babymoon, the walking wasn't a problem (and we walked A LOT) but I always had water in my hands at all time. And it was a gross disgusting hot rainy day when we did most of the walking....

I didn't have swollen ankles, but everyone's different (and physical activity is recommended to avoid them). I would probably avoid lines that are more than 20 minutes long as it's the standing that is going to be more problematic than the actual walking (and peeing every 10 feet, just kidding.....sort of)

Something to look into is a cooling towel. I used one in AZ (we went in the middle of their worst summer ever, we're crazy like that). It probably works better in a dry heat, but it should do the trick in a humid heat.

Like someone had mentioned, make sure she brings some documentation for her pregnancy in case something happens. I wouldn't anticipate any issues, but being 28-32 weeks, in the Florida humidity, and being on her feet, anything is possible.

She'll need to take breaks every hour.

Something to look into is a cooling towel. I used one in AZ (we went in the middle of their worst summer ever, we're crazy like that). It probably works better in a dry heat, but it should do the trick in a humid heat.

We have them, plus little fans. The fans are about 5 inches and are charged with a USB cord, so the fuel rods get heavy use. Last trip we had fans on the kid's stroller, fan on wheelchair arm for grandpa and fan on the back of wheelchair for me (pushing).

We had already planned a trip to Disney World 6 years ago when I found out very surprisingly (at age 40) that I was pregnant for the first time. We absolutely did NOT cancel the trip, though I was 6 months pregnant for it. I found that there were plenty of rides that I could go on (esp. the ones that mattered most to me like Haunted Mansion) and if there was a ride I couldn't do, there was plenty to occupy my time with. Sure, I was sad to miss out on the Tower of Terror but.. I was glad to be at Disney.
I will note that Universal was a different story ENTIRELY. Something like 90% of the rides there advise against pregnant riders. I ended up going on a couple of rides after making a different judgement (like a freaking carousel) but most of the time I felt left out, especially since ALL the Harry Potter rides were not for pregnant people.
One thing that I highly suggest is that everyone in the group take special care to not treat the person who cannot go on the rides like the bag-watcher, errand runner, etc. while they are in lines. My family was very careful not to do this, but I could see very quickly how it could happen and get grating very fast.

[QUOTE="Footnotegirl, post: 58891877, member: 73207"
One thing that I highly suggest is that everyone in the group take special care to not treat the person who cannot go on the rides like the bag-watcher, errand runner, etc. while they are in lines. .[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's our job, we hardly go on rides when we visit with them. So the grandkids can get on the most rides, we let them use our FP. It's great with the 2 year old, just Mom will need one FP to take him on Winnie or PP.

I feel bad because she will miss so many big rides and of the 6 year old loves the big rides, so she will miss those moments.

Just had another thought.....I was thinking she could take the 2 yr old to the petting zoo part at AK. I forget the name, where you take the train..... Any issues with the animals and being pregnant?

I might be the crazy grandma turning into chicken little, but there is so many new rules these days with babies and pregnancy I never had to deal with.

Every pregnancy is different. I went beginning of December and had my daughter at the end of February(17 years ago). We did not have any other kids to deal with so it was just hubby and me. We took it real slow and sat down a lot. Not gonna lie, even with taking it slow and shorter days, I was exhausted by the end of the night. I carried my babies inside, no big belly and all of my innards where squished pretty bad. I don't know about the ECV plan. On one hand I suppose it is good but also they are big pain the butt to deal with. Maybe Mom can take it slow and then go back to the room and rest more often while the rest of you keep the kids in the park.

Just had another thought.....I was thinking she could take the 2 yr old to the petting zoo part at AK. I forget the name, where you take the train..... Any issues with the animals and being pregnant?

I might be the crazy grandma turning into chicken little, but there is so many new rules these days with babies and pregnancy I never had to deal with.

But she has dealt with them. I think you need to relax a little bit. Your dil knows what to do and not do. It's very sweet of you to be concerned about everything but she will know how to take care of herself. You guys will have a great time.

Here now, 26 weeks. The buses have been the absolute worst part. I’ve had to stand almost every single time. Not once has anyone offered me a seat, and the buses were jam packed. I wish we would of rented a car. I tried to take breaks as much as possible, but it was often hard to find somewhere to sit. My dad had a wheelchair, so when he wasn’t using it he’d let me, and it was a life saver. Especially when I couldn’t find anywhere to sit. I brought a Brita water bottle and just tried to drink as much as possible.

Here now, 26 weeks. The buses have been the absolute worst part. I’ve had to stand almost every single time. Not once has anyone offered me a seat, and the buses were jam packed. I wish we would of rented a car. I tried to take breaks as much as possible, but it was often hard to find somewhere to sit. My dad had a wheelchair, so when he wasn’t using it he’d let me, and it was a life saver. Especially when I couldn’t find anywhere to sit. I brought a Brita water bottle and just tried to drink as much as possible.

Pregnancy is very exhausting, and you are still early. It gets harder and harder on your body as the baby gets bigger. Like I said, I went pregnant with my first. I don't think I would want to go when I had other little kids I had to worry about. Shame on those people who would not give up their seat for you on the bus. My husband always stands to let others in need take his seat. He is a true gentleman.

The buses are the worst, pregnant or not. I went one year at 21ish weeks, NEVER AGAIN. I about died. It took about a month for my feet to feel human again. We were planning on going to Disney in April, but after learning about this pregnancy it was a no-go. I really do feel for you! I would have had a hormonal pregnant lady breakdown for sure.

What about boats and monorails? Have you used them, same experience? We are staying at BLT, so that cuts down on using buses ALL the time. My DH uses a wheelchair at disney and we thought the same thing, DDIL could use in now and again. At times, he likes to walk for a bit. So when he wants to do that, DDIL can jump in and DS can do the pushing. We are waiting until we get closer to the date to make a decision about getting a ECV.

What about boats and monorails? Have you used them, same experience? We are staying at BLT, so that cuts down on using buses ALL the time. My DH uses a wheelchair at disney and we thought the same thing, DDIL could use in now and again. At times, he likes to walk for a bit. So when he wants to do that, DDIL can jump in and DS can do the pushing. We are waiting until we get closer to the date to make a decision about getting a ECV.
No issue on boats :) we did not ride the monorail this trip however.

The buses are the worst, pregnant or not. I went one year at 21ish weeks, NEVER AGAIN. I about died. It took about a month for my feet to feel human again. We were planning on going to Disney in April, but after learning about this pregnancy it was a no-go. I really do feel for you! I would have had a hormonal pregnant lady breakdown for sure.

Yeah I don’t think I’d come back pregnant. Atleast not in the second, about to be third trimester. It’s physically draining on my body. I feel like if you’re super active then you’ll probably fare a little bit better. Not me I went 2.5 days without feeling baby and was legit panicking, but it was probably due to all the walking and he not being used to me being so active. I learned my lesson, and will definitely do things different if I were to come back pregnant :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!