DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Gents.

Rainy and humid morning here on top of Currie Mountain. Crazy, intense storm blew through here last evening. Lots of trees down and power lines laying on the ground, including morning across our road. The city itself was hit pretty hard, a few fires when trees hit lines and trees uprooted or broken throughout the area. One local golf course announced they were closed until further notice so they can clean up over 200 trees that are broken or down. Luckily we have power but a lot of people around us don't.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Last edited:
The one pictured on back up the way there succeeded in worming its way into the house about a week ago. I don't foresee its prospects of long term survival as being particularly promising.
I've never had Old Forrester, is it any good?
Dancing the the sound track of "Hell's Bells" or maybe "For those About to Rock"
:rotfl:I always thought "Highway to Hell" would be a nice overlay.
I think the Feds mystify all of us.
I deal with Local Goverment, generally for planning applications, and some of them are a funny bunch. A little power or a little knowledge are equally dangerous things. When they are combined, they are compounded.

Opening up the pub this evening if anyone want to join in.

Darcy McKillop is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Saturday Night at the Home Pub
Time: Jun 6, 2020 08:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/98662583394?pwd=QjVRUTMzYXZkV0VkMlk0Q3V5OXNWZz09
Meeting ID: 986 6258 3394
Password: 667636
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,98662583394#,,1#,667636# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,98662583394#,,1#,667636# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 986 6258 3394
Password: 667636
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acR1bzwpcx

Happy drunk Saturday, meaning I'm not sure what I'm posting. Let's hope spell check picks up my zerfonics.

Ah, I'm just tuggin' ya tonka buddy.

Not sure I know you well enough for that, but for enough money, I could be confused for awhile. Hopefully, I can give you a match one day on the tennis court.

Hummm.... Good point.
I'm allowed to have Bourbon, so that might be a better idea anyway.
No Maker's on hand right now so it will have to be Old Forester.

I'm into tequila right now. Literally. I really like bourbon, but outside of Pappy van Winkle, I can't drink bourbon like I can drink tequila.

Any chances of you working from home? The lock down won't last forever, I'm sure the university will open back up in the future.

Let's hope they let you work from home, my friend. I've racheted up my job hunting something fierce, so I'm hoping something will come from it.

Like you, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but being strung along, I guess, is part of the plan. And if stringing people along for years means good management, then I guess I'd be a bad manager. :laughing:

Pizza party sounds great!!! I'm back to working from home, and my retirement date from that job is August 31. I still have a two week vacation to WDW scheduled and a month of sick time to burn. My boss asked me to clean out my office. So, we won't be returning to work until after Sept 1.

For the Weekend, here is some WDW Pick 'ems to think about
  1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  2. Star Tours or Mission Space?
  3. Crystal Palace or Tusker House?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA
  5. Icons, Castle Icon or Space Ship Earth Icon?

IASW. I like the Iago and Zazu version of Tiki room better though.
Star Tours. Especially vader one.
Tucker House.
WDW railroad. I really like a train ride.
Mk castle. It's my background picture on my phone.

Is Old Forester on the Highway to Hell? Yes. It's what my dad drank. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but it's been years. You can buy be a shot after I win in our tennis match. Tuggin tonkas will depend on how many shots you buy me.. :scared1::lmao:

Afternoon, folks.

Busy day. Spent two hours demolishing an old octagonal picnic table my dad built years and years ago. Mom was thrilled to get the eyesore out of her yard. Came home and spent another hour and a half cleaning up and doing routine maintenance on the pool, then mowed the lawn. Now I'm at work where I can relax!

Crazy, intense storm blew through here last evening. Lots of trees down and power lines laying on the ground, including morning across our road
No damage to your place, though?
One local golf course announced they were closed until further notice so they can clean up over 200 trees that are broken or down.
Whoa!

Crazy, intense storm blew through here last evening. Lots of trees down
Good that you didn't suffer any direct damage to the homestead.
Luck of the draw there.

Old Ma Nature is one of the few entities that treats everyone equally.
With indifference, yes, but equally..

I like it, but as a going concern it probably ranks somewhere in the middle.
There are different types and the mass market stuff is decent enough. Like most things, the more you're willing to pay, the better the version to be obtained. the 1870 is quite good. I've heard the 1910 is better, but I couldn't find that one 'round here.

:laughing: :
"Money Talks", "Have a Drink on Me", "Dirty Deeds"...
Those are all at just about the right tempo to match up with the movements of the anamitronics.

outside of Pappy van Winkle, I can't drink bourbon like I can drink tequila.
I've herd the same about Pappy, but I haven't yet simultaneously had both the access to it and the cash needed to acquire it.

No damage to your place, though?
Good that you didn't suffer any direct damage to the homestead.
Luck of the draw there.

No damage here and it does seem like the luck of the draw. We have so many trees on our property that we usually lose at least part of one but nothing this time.

Morning guys from a changeable London. The kids (7 & 9) were asking about the protests this morning, so we had a really good discussion about things, but that is a tough conversation to have with a 7 year old. But an important one.
Switched into the first week of marathon training, now my run reports will be measured in Imperial rather than metric. Because 42km sounds a REALLY long way. So, today was a tough 3 miler in 23 min, my body is still not used to the keto way.

I'm into tequila right now. Literally. I really like bourbon, but outside of Pappy van Winkle, I can't drink bourbon like I can drink tequila.
I've only had Pappy at a Bar, not been lucky enough to own one, and I would never pay the second hand price they want on a bottle of whiskey. I could get a week in Italy for that. Eagle Rare 10 is a nice sipper for a reasonable price.
Seeing as beer is off limits for a good few weeks, it could be time to invest in another bottle. Never really got into tequila, but almost all my favourite cocktails feature it.

Rained all night which is good for the grass, but scared the dog enough that she peed on the carpet. At 2:30 in the morning. Fun times
Our cat did the thing where they eat grass and make themselves chuck up last night, over the family room floor.
Why he couldn't chuck up outside where he found the grass in the first place, only the cat gods know.

Not sure I know you well enough for that, but for enough money, I could be confused for awhile. Hopefully, I can give you a match one day on the tennis court.
You ol' tease, you.

Have a great day fellas.

Last edited:
Morning Guys,

A cool, cloudy Sunday here. Good morning to just enjoy the coffee.

Still reports of people with no power from Friday night's storm. A few neighbours just got theirs back this morning.

Have a great Sunday all.

Morning all.
Rained all night which is good for the grass, but scared the dog enough that she peed on the carpet. At 2:30 in the morning. Fun times

Are you sure the roof isn't leaking?

Rainy day here today. I feel a lazy Sunday afternoon coming. Although if I’m being honest that’s not much different than most of my afternoons this past month.

For the Weekend, here is some WDW Pick 'ems to think about
  1. Tikki Room or IASW?
  2. Star Tours or Mission Space?
  3. Crystal Palace or Tusker House?
  4. WDW Railraod or TTA
  5. Icons, Castle Icon or Space Ship Earth Icon?
IASW - yeah I know. But we have this family tradition for it to be our first and last ride (and not in between)
Star tours
Tusker House - I like the African influence, plus Dawa is right outside.
WDW Railroad - but a hard choice. There’s just something about trains.
Space Ship Earth - but another hard choice. I’ve always loved the beautiful simplicity of SSE.

The kids (7 & 9) were asking about the protests this morning, so we had a really good discussion about things, but that is a tough conversation to have with a 7 year old. But an important one.
And... I read a blurb from Paul McCartney how they refused to play a segregated event in Florida... and how it's incredible that this issue is still present 60 years later.
So, today was a tough 3 miler in 23 min, my body is still not used to the keto way.
:sad2:
"Tough" he says... you beat my time for that distance by 10 freaking minutes!
Our cat did the thing where they eat grass and make themselves chuck up last night, over the family room floor.
Ah yes. Good time with pets.
Why he couldn't chuck up outside where he found the grass in the first place, only the cat gods know.
Oh, there's a reason for that.

It's because he's a cat.
Are you sure the roof isn't leaking?
Funny you should say that. When I first heard it, I thought it might be that. Which is a far more expensive problem.
I was relieved to find it wasn't.

Relieved... :sad2: I'm too tired.

And... I read a blurb from Paul McCartney how they refused to play a segregated event in Florida... and how it's incredible that this issue is still present 60 years later
I did not know that. CNN and Sesame Street did a great town Hall with Van Jones aimed at the kids age that got the message over.
Tough" he says... you beat my time for that distance by 10 freaking minutes!
But I've been doing this a teeny bit longer than your good self, my friend. The time was standard for me on shorter run, but it was a slog, I didn't have a ton of fun today. but on the plus side, I lost 4 lbs this week. Well. More of a minus side, but you catch my drift.
Relieved... :sad2: I'm too tired.
:rotfl:

It's a beautiful Sunday here. It's been an enjoyable day so far.

Now I'm at work where I can relax!

::yes:: :lmao:

I've herd the same about Pappy, but I haven't yet simultaneously had both the access to it and the cash needed to acquire it.

I had a shot of the 12 year. It was amazingly flavorful and smooth. That's all I could afford.

I've only had Pappy at a Bar, not been lucky enough to own one, and I would never pay the second hand price they want on a bottle of whiskey. I could get a week in Italy for that. Eagle Rare 10 is a nice sipper for a reasonable price.

Seeing as beer is off limits for a good few weeks, it could be time to invest in another bottle. Never really got into tequila, but almost all my favourite cocktails feature it.

I wouldn't buy Pappy from a website as there are too many counterfeiters. We do auctions at the liquor store - a $1 a chance to buy a bottle of Pappy. You can buy as many chances as you want for the raffle. Never won though.

As for tequila, I like the Don Julio anejo. It is smooth enough to drink as water, although it has a great flavor and kick. But, it's not as good as the tequila I had in Mexico at Epcot. I wish I could remember the name and find it locally to buy.

But I've been doing this a teeny bit longer than your good self, my friend.
And I suspect a teeny bit younger too!
I'll take my "success" and run with it... er… be happy with it.
The time was standard for me on shorter run, but it was a slog, I didn't have a ton of fun today. but on the plus side, I lost 4 lbs this week. Well. More of a minus side, but you catch my drift.
Good for you!
Trying to lose weight... Have my good days and my bad days.

Howdy guys. Nice Sunday here but it's freaking hot. Youngest DD had a pig show yesterday so I got all my weekend projects compressed into Sunday.
Got fences put up around the new flower bushes in the back yard to keep the dog from peeing on them, finished weed eating that I didn't get done Friday, built 1 drawer of the 3 I need to finish the cabinet I built for our kitchen appliances, and got the rest of the pieces cut and routed out just need to put it all together. And now I'm cooking keto taco bowls.

Youngest DD had a pig show yesterday
What was that now?
Got fences put up around the new flower bushes in the back yard to keep the dog from peeing on them, finished weed eating that I didn't get done Friday, built 1 drawer of the 3 I need to finish the cabinet I built for our kitchen appliances, and got the rest of the pieces cut and routed out just need to put it all together. And now I'm cooking keto taco bowls.
Someone's been busy! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!