DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So we have had an update on the purse mishap. For those with short term memory loss here is a quick recap:

1. DD lost her new BBB purse in Sept @ Ft Wilderness. Lost & found report filed.
2. Report closed unable to locate it.
3. Try buying a new one after we got home.
4. A nice gent replaced her SoTMK cards. (Thanks again)
5. The purse Disney sent us was not a purse but the free bag they give you during the make over.
It gets returned.
6. I send Disney a strongly worded email.
7. Friend of DW buys DD a new purse.
8. WDW replies to email with a response that I took as basically take a hike, leaving a sour taste in my mouth and writing off WDW for the near future.
9. Today, I get a call from WDW asking to provide a detailed list of lost pins, lanyard, purse, etc that was lost so they can replace it.

I guess I had a little pixie dust left after all as I was just looking to buy another purse.
Quite the "adventure". But it looks like it's gonna have a happy ending. Don't forget to tell them everything that was in the purse. $500 in Disney GCs... BBB wallet... Or would you prefer something else? The sky's the limit you know.

;)

Evening all. Found the cartoon X-Men series on Disney+, and it is just like I remember - original female anime cosplay, orgasmic screams, and fading/ increasing powers in the same sequence. It's still terrific.

evening gents,been a while since I haunted this thread. Not a lot going on here,went to HHN at universal hollywood with the DD. picked up a new hat while I was in the area as well
The wife locked her vacation time in for next year, so I get to start planning again.

Vacation planning is great. The only thing better is going on vacation.

Hey guys, I’m back in civilization after my get away to my friend’s cabin. It was a nice weekend. The weather was mostly sunny but cold. We stayed inside for the most part anyway. My friend had a couple projects to keep us busy, like putting some insulation in his attic. I am an early riser so my mornings were spent putting in a fire, having a cup of tea, and reading a book. Not one email or phone call was checked. Almost a shame to come back to reality.

View attachment 452302

View attachment 452303

View attachment 452304

View attachment 452305

View attachment 452306

Cabin looks great. Sounds like a great trip.

Definitely a cheeky trip. Not part of the DDCC cause I can't travel the week that they always do that one (unless I'm actually unemployed, but that's a different situation). Just me and my Gal, and we're looking forward to taking it slow and spending a fair amount of time in the various lounges across property.

I've actually been kind'a holding back on talking about this one as right up 'til the last minute I could'a had to to cancel it.
Story goes like this -
We tried to do this back in the summer, but the new overlords changed the accounting calendar and wrecked that attempt. A second chance showed up when Disney reissued the free dining packages. This time I was supposed to be unemployed and was intending to spend part of the time looking into employment in Fla (may still do a bit of that though). As it stands now, I'm still scheduled to have work through the end of the year and possibly a bit farther, but we still figured - Ehh, what the heck, let's go anyway.

As a side note: we're actually doing this mostly on Dis-Visa points and gift-cards that we've been saving up for quite some time so it's not costing me very much out of pocket.

Anyway, details, details...
We're heading that general direction either Friday evening of Saturday morning. It's a mixed trip with time on-world and some off site. Sunday through Thursday morning we're camping at AS-Mu (can't afford moderates or better any more). As a treat, we'll do the MVMCP on Sunday evening and then hop the parks the next four days. Staying in the area until Saturday so we'll probably be hitting The Springs and doing some more resort hopping toward the end of the week. As I said, we picked up free dining this time so we'll also check out a few sit-down dinner options that are new to us such as:
Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Hacienda de San Angel and The Wave. It's also the last week of the F&W over at Epcot, so we'll be saving the snack credits for that (more bang for the buck).

Well'p...
That's the story gents.

Sounds terrific. Good ADRs. We did ASMusic on our Disneymoon and again a few years back. They are all nice resorts, so just a bit nicer.

Great minds think alike. Enchanted Rose looks like it has possibilities, you'll have to let us know how that one is since it's new. Your other ones are regular stops for sure and if you like a good bourbon, that Disney Select Knob Creek is sometimes at Jock's and the Derby Lounge. Again, have a blast and post of you comings and goings while there when ya can.

CJ always talked about trying our local bourbon bar/ restaurant. Last time I was there, they had 100+ bourbons. Knob Creek hasn't been one of my favorites, but when in Disney .....

So we have had an update on the purse mishap. For those with short term memory loss here is a quick recap:

1. DD lost her new BBB purse in Sept @ Ft Wilderness. Lost & found report filed.
5. The purse Disney sent us was not a purse but the free bag they give you during the make over.
It gets returned.
8. WDW replies to email with a response that I took as basically take a hike, leaving a sour taste in my mouth and writing off WDW for the near future.
9. Today, I get a call from WDW asking to provide a detailed list of lost pins, lanyard, purse, etc that was lost so they can replace it.

I guess I had a little pixie dust left after all as I was just looking to buy another purse.

That's an ordeal. Hope it works out.

'Morning all...

A seasionaly appropriate bit of Throwback Thursday (from 2015)

Man I'd like to get back there.

We thought about it, but the rum was gone...
Why is the rum always gone?

It's a pretty rare day if it hits -13C here in Jan & Feb.

:rolleyes1
It's also a pretty rare when y'all wit 36C or better with 97% humidity without a break for ten or twelve weeks straight. We do that fairly regular, so it's kind'a a matter of picking your poison.

;)

Don't forget to tell them everything that was in the purse. $500 in Disney GCs... BBB wallet... Or would you prefer something else? The sky's the limit you know.
You have a diabolical mind.

I admire that.

Sounds terrific. Good ADRs. We did ASMusic on our Disneymoon and again a few years back. They are all nice resorts, so just a bit nicer.
Absolutely; Mu will be just fine I'm sure.
When you get right down to it - even at a deluxe - it's just a glorified hotel room.

What??????

Why am I excited about a cartoon all of a sudden???
'Cause ya' ain't dead yet.

So.... got home from work last night... opened up the brand spanking new Disney+ that I just got earlier that day... what's the first... the very first (and to date, only) show I watch??

Some weird sneakers documentary with an even weirder Jeff Goldblum.

Right, then. Off you go!

It's also a pretty rare when y'all wit 36C or better with 97% humidity without a break for ten or twelve weeks straight. We do that fairly regular, so it's kind'a a matter of picking your poison.
I'll take the cold, thanks. I can put on a hat... I can't take off my skin.
You have a diabolical mind.

I admire that.
:rolleyes1
'Cause ya' ain't dead yet.

Neither extreme is enjoyable. But I've honestly always been of the view that in severe cold, you can put more clothes on. In severe heat, there's not much you can do.
Either way, the most comfortable thing is to sit in a climate controlled house and check if the rum is gone or not.

So.... got home from work last night... opened up the brand spanking new Disney+ that I just got earlier that day... what's the first... the very first (and to date, only) show I watch??
I haven't signed up yet. I most likely will at some point.
I have a question. How is everyone watching it?
I'm not tech savy by any means, but I do understand that I can sign up for Disney + and watch on my computer or phone/tablet through an app.
How about watching it on a TV? I know there are devices like Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV that all can connect to your TV and I believe you download the app on that device...correct? If I am going out to get one of these devices, is there any one better than the other?

36 (or 97 for those that haven't already converted) isn't bad. For those from the great white North, I reckon it feels pretty bad, but then again, for me personally, anything below about 50 is cold. Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I got frostbite on my fingers when I was stationed at the Pentagon. Ever since then, cold LITERALLY hurts.

No need to take off skin. ;) That's what happens when you get too much sun.
I understand and while I can see your point (on top of yer head?), I hate rain that's not liquid.

Ok, here is what I've got. Short story long, I ordered the 3 year subscript though my D23 membership, let's call that my yahoo account. Then Verizon offered the first year free if you have their unlimited plan (I do) and other things to get it. So, I signed up for that too, let's call that my gmail account. There is 8 of us on my Verizon account, so I asked everyone to use my gmail account on their phones and then my yahoo account on their other devices. You can only stream 4 at a time, so we are covered. Gmail is on my iphone with an app . Yahoo on my laptops via website. I do not have an app for the TV so I went out on Tuesday to Walmart and bought a Chromecast for $35US (some places will have then at $25US on Black Friday). Plugged it into my Surround Sound receiver in a unused HDMI port and downloaded the Google Home app on the phone and set it up, only took a few minutes. Chromecast allows me to cast any videos from my phone, little cast symbol comes up on the screen so you know you can cast. On the laptops, I use the Chrome browser that can cast the whole screen or just the video. I can cast from one tab and surf the web with another. Also, once I start the cast I can shut down the app or Chrome and it will continue to stream. FYI, you can use other streaming services than just Disney, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, DC Universe ect. Let me know if you have any questions. 😉

Wow... I had forgotten what this room smells like. Do you guys ever open a window around here?? :rotfl: Remember that new room smell? Those were the good ol' days :dancer::dancer:

All the news about Disney this week had me think of you guys. It's been a long since I've checked in here. Good to see familiar faces still carrying on tradition. Just saw Norm's reference to CJ and took a moment to remember him. I've wondered how the Pirate Princess has been doing since then. It was always refreshing to hear proud updates from him from time to time.

Life in Virginia Beach has been pretty crazy these days. I'm still trying to come to terms with DD spreading her freedom wings and taking adulthood by the horns. Has her own car and job and doing great in school. My wife and I have been blessed in that DD hasn't brought any stray boys home yet. :rotfl2:Though I'm sure we're not too far away from that day.

Looking to catch up on the thread here and see how everyone's doing. I'm not on FB much anymore, this is more my speed these days.:thumbsup2

I haven't signed up yet. I most likely will at some point.
I'm not tech savy by any means, but I do understand that I can sign up for Disney + and watch on my computer or phone/tablet through an app.
How about watching it on a TV? I know there are devices like Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV that all can connect to your TV and I believe you download the app on that device...correct? If I am going out to get one of these devices, is there any one better than the other?
I'm not sure I'm going to sign up. I own most of the Disney movies and the Star Wars ones I think were actually good. The Marvel stuff really doesn't interest me and I already have more on Netflix and Amazon Prime than I can ever watch in a few lifetimes, so not looking to shell out another $7/month for even more content.

Yes, all those devices (and more) will hook up to your TV via HDMI output and then connect to your network (either hard wired or wifi). I've had a roku for years, but check your TV also...many already have the capability to do netflix, amazon prime (and I presume will allow to add disney+...not sure). Adam mentioned in DDCC groupme the nvidia shield is good too. I'm looking at that to see if it gives me many benefits over my current smart TV or roku. I think notably is it does 4K video.

'Morning all...

View attachment 452522

St Thomas?

Neither extreme is enjoyable. But I've honestly always been of the view that in severe cold, you can put more clothes on. In severe heat, there's not much you can do.
Either way, the most comfortable thing is to sit in a climate controlled house and check if the rum is gone or not.

Image result for keeping cool gif

Looking to catch up on the thread here and see how everyone's doing. I'm not on FB much anymore, this is more my speed these days.:thumbsup2
Good to see you back, although I may have joined after you left....I joined the disboards back in 2008, but didn't find the disdads until about 3-4 years ago. I've never done FB, so good to have you in a place that has at least some actual privacy controls/concerns. ;)

Right, then. Off you go!
Greaaaat!
So you're funding the expedition, then?

Let me know when the cash has been transferred into my accounts.

Yep...
That's the reference.
There's always room for a good Python meme.

That's about the right.
A/C has had as much impact on culture and migration as any other definable social cause.

Now, if y'all were to stay down here long enough your blood would thin out a but and you'd become more acclimated to that heat/humidity nonsense. Of course, then you become real intolerant of the cold like most of us South'ners and have to turn in your Maple Leaf Cards, so that wouldn't be in your best interest.

Wow... I had forgotten what this room smells like. Do you guys ever open a window around here?? :rotfl: Remember that new room smell? Those were the good ol' days :dancer::dancer:
Open a window?
Wouldn't require us to actually get up, move all the pizza boxes out of the way and exert a modest amount of energy?
You know us better then that.

Good to hear from you.
I'm sure Randal will be along in a bit to reissue you your club number. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I'm going to sign up. I own most of the Disney movies and the Star Wars ones I think were actually good. The Marvel stuff really doesn't interest me and I already have more on Netflix and Amazon Prime than I can ever watch in a few lifetimes, so not looking to shell out another $7/month for even more content.
That's kind'a my take on it for the time being as well.
May change my mind later on, but for now, I'm staying out of the fray.

St Thomas?
Close...
St John.

It gets returned.

Wow... that IS quite the adventure! And your experience is just one reason why we strayed from Disney over the years... inconsistent or poor customer service. Very happy to hear that the ending appears to be heading in the right direction. Hope they follow through :thumbsup2

'Morning all...

View attachment 452522

Ooooo.... ahhhhh!! What are you waiting for??

Ok, here is what I've got. Short story long, I ordered the 3 year subscript though my D23 membership, let's call that my yahoo account. Then Verizon offered the first year free if you have their unlimited plan (I do) and other things to get it. So, I signed up for that too, let's call that my gmail account. There is 8 of us on my Verizon account, so I asked everyone to use my gmail account on their phones and then my yahoo account on their other devices. You can only stream 4 at a time, so we are covered. Gmail is on my iphone with an app . Yahoo on my laptops via website. I do not have an app for the TV so I went out on Tuesday to Walmart and bought a Chromecast for $35US (some places will have then at $25US on Black Friday). Plugged it into my Surround Sound receiver in a unused HDMI port and downloaded the Google Home app on the phone and set it up, only took a few minutes. Chromecast allows me to cast any videos from my phone, little cast symbol comes up on the screen so you know you can cast. On the laptops, I use the Chrome browser that can cast the whole screen or just the video. I can cast from one tab and surf the web with another. Also, once I start the cast I can shut down the app or Chrome and it will continue to stream. FYI, you can use other streaming services than just Disney, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, DC Universe ect. Let me know if you have any questions. 😉

:worship: That's some great tech plays right there, Randall! My DW would give you two thumbs up for both thrifty-ness and tech smarts :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good to see you back, although I may have joined after you left....I joined the disboards back in 2008, but didn't find the disdads until about 3-4 years ago. I've never done FB, so good to have you in a place that has at least some actual privacy controls/concerns. ;)

Thanks, Doc! Yeah... I've been on and off the board over the years. Looking forward to getting to know ya. :wave:

Open a window?
Wouldn't require us to actually get up, move all the pizza boxes out of the way and exert a modest amount of energy?
You know us better then that.
I have no idea what I was thinking :rotfl2:

Good to hear from you.
I'm sure Randal will be along in a bit to reissue you your club number. :rolleyes:

I seriously had to go to page one to remember my number :rotfl2::rotfl2: Do they still issue numbers here??

Thanks, Doc! Yeah... I've been on and off the board over the years. Looking forward to getting to know ya. :wave:
Ditto!

I have no idea what I was thinking :rotfl2:
Glad you said that...saved me from asking "What were you thinking?".

I seriously had to go to page one to remember my number :rotfl2::rotfl2: Do they still issue numbers here??
Yes sir, still have numbers and still have dues (payable to me, despite what Norm will try to tell you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter