DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

The only bad part of the drive was once I left the highway I had a 4 km drive through the woods on a very crappy road to the old pit where they hold the party. I will say it was much easier doing it in the daylight than it was in the dark last night.
Ah yes, the after grad party. I had a similar phone call last year. I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I've always told DD if she is stuck somewhere or in a situation where she needs help, just call.

That bites Jeff. You may have to go old school on the AC and just roll the windows down.
They refilled the AC and put dye in to see if they can trace a leak. Considering it was empty of coolant (or whatever it is) basically means there's a leak, just not sure where. Got a return appointment in 3 weeks. Presumably the van will have developed some red blob underneath by that time.

And after a day to relax, the governor announced he has the votes needed and will be calling a special session (which costs more tax money) to pass the pension legislation which allows my employer to opt out of paying me a retirement. Back to day to day uncertainty - what a great way to run anything.

They refilled the AC and put dye in to see if they can trace a leak. Presumably the van will have developed some red blob underneath by that time.

Found this picture of the shoreline near Jeff's place.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao:Guess it's leaking for sure

It’s ok, he’s found alternative means of transport. Seems like a fairly big leak though.

Apparently Jeff's not the only one with a leak.

If anyone needed to catch up, Jeff's leaking and needs to see a urologist.

And after a day to relax, the governor announced he has the votes needed and will be calling a special session (which costs more tax money) to pass the pension legislation which allows my employer to opt out of paying me a retirement. Back to day to day uncertainty - what a great way to run anything.

You governor sounds like an idiot. Sorry you have to deal with that all the time.

Morning boys from a sunny City airport, which is about a 30 minute journey from my house. A few meetings and a visit to Legoland Denmark later.

What an absolute tool.
Did he run on a platform of taking on pensions, or is this something he dreamed up once he got in?

Morning gents.
On the tail end of my last shift before a couple of days off.

View attachment 410199
:lmao:

Looks like a good day to avoid the mrs....
:sad2:
Wow. I don't get how he could have those votes. Who is voting for this???

As Jesus woild say...that stinketh!

I wonder if there's any legal precident for a governor pulling a ponzi scheme. When its affecting peoples retirement, I would think there should be some legal recourse.

If anyone needed to catch up, Jeff's leaking and needs to see a urologist.
Well, I was catching up, but actually reading. Seems like $1100 for brakes is awful expensive. Wish you were down here Jeff...doing brakes isn't hard and even with new rotors and pads, should be maybe $500 parts and a couple hours of work.

Last edited:
Morning Gents,

Cloudy here this morning but quite comfortable. Not much going on, just the final prep for graduation tomorrow. DS's elementary school has invited all the grads that attended that school for a visit this afternoon. They have a some sort of celebration planned for them.

Watching Sport Centre this morning and they were talking about the NHL awards that were held last time. The intro mentioned crying and I thought "What? Why would there be crying?"

Morning boys from a sunny City airport, which is about a 30 minute journey from my house. A few meetings and a visit to Legoland Denmark later.

Day trip?

What an absolute tool.
Did he run on a platform of taking on pensions, or is this something he dreamed up once he got in?
Image result for mel brooks blazing saddles

Top O the Mornin Dads! Sorry about the cars, give it’s and such. Good to hear Declan had a good prom. Looks like the tornado warnings and constant rain are done for the next few days here at DaWorld. Have a good one gents
View attachment 410327

View attachment 410328

Looks like those tornadoes had some impact on the area. ;)

Glad to see you are all having a good time.

Sorry to be such a downer. I'm just ticked, and I can't talk to anyone about it here. I pleaded with my wife to leave KY 10+ years ago and start over in Florida. I'm sure the jobs would have been comparable, and we wouldn't live in one of the most corrupt states. And, we would still have nice weather and a shorter drive to WDW.

You governor sounds like an idiot. Sorry you have to deal with that all the time.

Thanks. This has been the worse 4 years.

What an absolute tool.

He's a Hedge Fund guy who is not even from our state, but found a big chunk of money to invest/ pay fees with. He got "right to work" legislation in KY passed, which is actually the opposite. It kills unions, progressive discipline practices, and collective bargaining. Most all the south eastern states are right to work, have the worst economies, worst education, and all vote Republican. I'm not a political science guy, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Wow. I don't get how he could have those votes. Who is voting for this???

Trump supporters. Governor raised taxes in KY last year by levying taxes on gym memberships and other services that had not previously been taxed. It's unheard of that a Republican would raise taxes and still get votes.

I wonder if there's any legal precident for a governor pulling a ponzie scheme. When its affecting peoples retirement, I would think there should be some legal recourse.

The last time he signed the law to end the retirement system, it was appealed and he lost in KY supreme court. Last session, he tried to pass two bills that said (1) he could hand pick the Judge to hear any appeal and (2) no state funds can be used to appeal laws on the pension system. While he went 0-2, his desire was clear.

Last edited:

Looks like Jeff should be calling Moses for an estimate.

Dang, Norm. I'm sorry this keeps on going. I'm sure there will be many lawyers and courts involved if they actually pass the legislation. And it'll keep dragging on...

USA vs Sweden World Cup. Another controversial VAR. Goal awarded to USA, however, it looked like Lloyd was offside and played the ball, despite not making contact. In later continuation, Heath scored a goal. If AR had flagged immediately, no chance for goal. I don't like the idea of not making a call and waiting for VAR to correct it.

But I do like watching these beautiful, athletic women running back and forth on the pitch.

Dawa with Scott and the families

That's some good news.

Dang, Norm. I'm sorry this keeps on going. I'm sure there will be many lawyers and courts involved if they actually pass the legislation. And it'll keep dragging on...

Thanks. There are so many easy solutions, but it's no a political issue, so someone has to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!