DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

See the source image

Feel the FORCE!
That's the funniest thing I have seen in a while. Well played.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that the contract was approved for one more year.

Bad news is that I'll have to go thru all this again next year. I called the retirement office and considered all the loopholes. I could retire with a reduced benefit at 25 years, which I was ready to do. But, my 25th year of service won't be until September 2020, 2 months after the contract expires. Plus, there is still the Governor's attempt to pass legislation to allow Univerisities to "opt out" of the retirement system, and our President has already said he would opt out as soon as possible.

I like it. I might need to google a few, unless anyone fancies shagging yoda once a week, as that’s pretty much the extent of my Star Wars expertise....

Post the Star Wars Cosplay pictures along with your pithy comments, and we will quintuple your already tripled vacation time.

Silly Canadian!

You spelled Cuaunauduiuaunu wrong.

Bad news is that I'll have to go thru all this again next year. I called the retirement office and considered all the loopholes. I could retire with a reduced benefit at 25 years, which I was ready to do. But, my 25th year of service won't be until September 2020, 2 months after the contract expires. Plus, there is still the Governor's attempt to pass legislation to allow Univerisities to "opt out" of the retirement system, and our President has already said he would opt out as soon as possible.

praying

Bad news and bad news.

The garage called. Both front and rear brakes are shot, $1100 to replace them all. Exhaust gasket is gone (I don't know what that is, but for $231 to replace it, I assume it does something of relative importance), and they haven't even got to the busted AC yet. Going to be in the shop over night and I'll find out the rest of the damage tomorrow .409992

BEVERLY!

At this rate, I'll hope to get to WDW by the 60th. :sad:

Good news and bad news.

I guess one more year is better than none. I've been going for five years on 1 or 2 year contract extensions.
Hope it all works out for you.

Bad news and bad news.

The garage called. Both front and rear brakes are shot, $1100 to replace them all. Exhaust gasket is gone (I don't know what that is, but for $231 to replace it, I assume it does something of relative importance), and they haven't even got to the busted AC yet. Going to be in the shop over night and I'll find out the rest of the damage tomorrow .View attachment 409992

BEVERLY!

Ouch, sorry to hear this.

Good news and bad news.

You spelled Cuaunauduiuaunu wrong.
I'm not a prophet or a son of a prophet but it looks somewhat promising. Typically if you are in the last year or two they would let you buy years of service to come up to your time or bump someone with less seniority. It's going to get rough but I've never seen anything happen quickly in the years I've been in KY.

Bad news and bad news.

The garage called. Both front and rear brakes are shot, $1100 to replace them all. Exhaust gasket is gone (I don't know what that is, but for $231 to replace it, I assume it does something of relative importance), and they haven't even got to the busted AC yet. Going to be in the shop over night and I'll find out the rest of the damage tomorrow .

BEVERLY!

Wow. sorry, dude.

Morning chaps from an overcast London. Picking up the work travel baton from Mike, off to Denmark tomorrow to the Mother Ship.

Saw the picture from that other place and I can see why Declan is excited for the Prom. :rolleyes:
Bad Santa! Bad Santa! :rotfl2:
The garage called. Both front and rear brakes are shot, $1100 to replace them all. Exhaust gasket is gone (I don't know what that is, but for $231 to replace it, I assume it does something of relative importance), and they haven't even got to the busted AC yet. Going to be in the shop over night and I'll find out the rest of the damage tomorrow .
That sounds less than ideal, sorry buddy.
If it ain't fun, it's work.
Don't get me wrong, its plenty fun, I just think we are stretching the material a little thin...

Have a great day boys.

Morning, gents.
15 more minutes til freedom! (until later tonight when I'm back again. Still... freedom.)

Picking up the work travel baton from Mike, off to Denmark tomorrow to the Mother Ship.
Bit jealous of you. Have wanted to see Denmark for some time.
But... want to go and see the sights... not work.
So not that jealous.
But you work with Lego.
So jealous again.

It's been a difficult morning already.

Bad Santa! Bad Santa! :rotfl2:
:laughing: Haven't seen said photo, though. Might be justified.
Don't get me wrong, its plenty fun, I just think we are stretching the material a little thin...
I get that too.

Bad news and bad news.

The garage called. Both front and rear brakes are shot, $1100 to replace them all. Exhaust gasket is gone (I don't know what that is, but for $231 to replace it, I assume it does something of relative importance), and they haven't even got to the busted AC yet. Going to be in the shop over night and I'll find out the rest of the damage tomorrow .View attachment 409992

BEVERLY!

I guess one more year is better than none. I've been going for five years on 1 or 2 year contract extensions.
Hope it all works out for you.

Yikes on those car repairs. Hopefully, the AC isn't much more.

Saw the picture from that other place and I can see why Declan is excited for the Prom. :rolleyes:

::yes::

I'm not a prophet or a son of a prophet but it looks somewhat promising. Typically if you are in the last year or two they would let you buy years of service to come up to your time or bump someone with less seniority. It's going to get rough but I've never seen anything happen quickly in the years I've been in KY.

I do hope so. I just don't like being in this tenuous of a position.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been a good trip a bit too much rain but hey a rainy day at DaWorld still beats most.

Sorry about the car hassles Jeff and the Norm all the best for you with the work mess.

Thanks. Are you home already or still at WDW? The lack of pictures have been disturbing.

Morning Guys.

Another beautiful morning here and I even got to experience sunrise. Got a call to pick up DS and his girlfriend at their after-prom party. I had no problem doing it but he scared the crap out of me by calling on our landline and not my cell. The only bad part of the drive was once I left the highway I had a 4 km drive through the woods on a very crappy road to the old pit where they hold the party. I will say it was much easier doing it in the daylight than it was in the dark last night.

I'm guessing today will be a recovery day for the two of them and many others.

Have a good one all.

Bad news and bad news.

BEVERLY!

That bites Jeff. You may have to go old school on the AC and just roll the windows down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!