DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Thinking about it, it might be time to retire the princesses and give them a break from all of our manly shenanigans every Friday night.

I don't have a dog in the fight as I don't have to do the work. However, as a wage slave of an organization that is infamous for refusing to change I make a motion that you get to take a break until such time, if ever, that you wish to begin again. Our organization continues on having programs long after they have ceased to be useful and still give out awards named after someone who nobody remembers. We are at a point where we have been saddled with property that we can't sell by terms of the original transfer from a family foundation, but neither can we give it back to them as they ran out of money long ago, no longer meet, and don't want it back.

I don't have a dog in the fight as I don't have to do the work. However, as a wage slave of an organization that is infamous for refusing to change I make a motion that you get to take a break until such time, if ever, that you wish to begin again
Seconded.
If it ain't fun, it's work. This ain't the place for that.
We are at a point where we have been saddled with property that we can't sell by terms of the original transfer from a family foundation, but neither can we give it back to them as they ran out of money long ago, no longer meet, and don't want it back.
That's... weird.

That's... weird.

It is. They also are burning down the housing when people retire and move out. We are too far from the main campus and they don't want to be responsible for upkeep. There isn't much available for rental though so it impacts any ability to hire, if we had money to hire.

Thinking about it, it might be time to retire the princesses and give them a break from all of our manly shenanigans every Friday night.
Image result for i say thee nay gif

Unless thou wants too. But verily, thou hast stables of female Star War and superheroes that thou could violate!

It is. They also are burning down the housing when people retire and move out. We are too far from the main campus and they don't want to be responsible for upkeep. There isn't much available for rental though so it impacts any ability to hire, if we had money to hire.
That's really weird.
But verily, thou hast stables of female Star War and superheroes that thou could violate!
:lmao:

Yellow card from VAR for goalkeeper stepping off line during PK. Wow!

To be fair this is not a lot different that a lot of emerging women's team sports. The US and Canada have been at the forefront of women's soccer and typically do better than their male counterparts on the world stage. Part of reason is there are not as many strong countries women's soccer as there are in men's. Hockey is another good example.

Didn't think of it that way. I know that training helps, but you still must have the talent. Hard to believe USA, with almost 400,000,000 people doesn't have the talent on men's side to even compete.

Au contraire, my friend. This is the earliest one I could find, from April 2017. As a European (for now) I'm entitled to about 14 weeks paid vacation a year. But I'll take your pay rise.

2 years and 2 months? You were on double secret probation those 2 months. We can go ahead and triple your vacation benefit as well.

Don't be fooled...
I'm pretty much terrified by the potential outcomes of this. I'm just trying to keep things on the rails while this winds down and look for openings that I might be able to grab on to.

Actually, being gone this week might be helpful. The folks I have worked with all these years are somewhat concerned about the potential impact on their productivity during my absence. Now if that were to somehow get translated into an understanding on the part of the new overlords, they might see my continued existence as something at least slightly beneficial to their cause.

Or not...
Managers, tend to see "people" as nothing more then interchangeable and disposable cogs.

Hopefully, they will miss your absence and keep you. Contract still not signed, but on the desk to be. I think this may be an epic Survivor blindside to keep the peasants working instead of burning 150 hours of sick leave. Sadly, I fell for it. Or did I, since I watched world cup games. Hmmm..... :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Wonderful Disney WiFi / IT not allowing picture to post but believe me view on the boardwalk this morning is great after big downpours yesterday. Have a good one

I would have liked those problems.

Had an interesting conversation in church yesterday for Father's Day and was wondering how other people could answer. The general point was to get to the point of who knows the oldest father without being so blunt. One of our members said his dad was born in 1866, and passed away in his early 90's when my friend was still in school. I may be the odd one, but I don't want to be fathering kids at that age.

Just ask. If I can get it up and have kids at that age, then that is just something else.to be proud of.

I don't have a dog in the fight as I don't have to do the work. However, as a wage slave of an organization that is infamous for refusing to change I make a motion that you get to take a break until such time, if ever, that you wish to begin again. Our organization continues on having programs long after they have ceased to be useful and still give out awards named after someone who nobody remembers. We are at a point where we have been saddled with property that we can't sell by terms of the original transfer from a family foundation, but neither can we give it back to them as they ran out of money long ago, no longer meet, and don't want it back.

Similarly, saw on FB where a town was trying to sell a mansion for $1. The catch was that it had been determined/ deeded as historic, so the house had to be sold, moved to another location, and rebuilt in the same physical appearance, after the cost of asbestos removal. No buyers.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Drinking in the last chance saloon on the Bears tickets this morning, so maybe sitting in a ticketmaster q for another hour or so. Here's hoping.

but believe me view on the boardwalk this morning is great after big downpours yesterday.
Did the downpour wash away the clown face then?

Morning gents. Brought my van into the garage this morning for regular maintenance but also to look at the busted AC. $250 just for "diagnostics" to figure out the problem, then repair cost on top of that, they will let me know the full amount of the damage. I try to remind myself that I paid the thing off last year, so repairs hopefully are cheaper than a new vehicle.

You've had a good run. The girls probably need a break.
We'll have your last paycheck in the mail soon.

Carolina coast for the week. My morning view has temporarily been upgraded from a cubical in the office to this slightly more satisfying bit'o scenery...

I likely wont be complaining much for the next few days.
Hard to complain with a view like that.
I hope things go OK for you otherwise.

Nice!

Carolina coast for the week. My morning view has temporarily been upgraded from a cubical in the office to this slightly more satisfying bit'o scenery...

I likely wont be complaining much for the next few days.

Sweet. Enjoy the week, you've earned it!

Morning gents. Brought my van into the garage this morning for regular maintenance but also to look at the busted AC. $250 just for "diagnostics" to figure out the problem, then repair cost on top of that, they will let me know the full amount of the damage. I try to remind myself that I paid the thing off last year, so repairs hopefully are cheaper than a new vehicle.

The diagnostic charges get my blood boiling every time. Hope it's not too big of a hit to the vacation budget.

Morning All from sunny Douglas NB.

It's Prom Day!!!! I'm so excited. 😜

Well I think DS is and I'm happy for him. He picked me up at the airport last night and seem a bit excited for today. We did get home to find a congratulations sign for him on our lawn. Asked DW about it this morning and she has no idea where it came.

Have a good one all.

Whatever happened to the free estimate?

Morning from a sunny Westfield NB. Not much new here, just glad that nice weather is here, so we can enjoy some summer activities.
Hopefully it just need to be recharged.
Morning All from sunny Douglas NB.

Well I think DS is and I'm happy for him. He picked me up at the airport last night and seem a bit excited for today. We did get home to find a congratulations sign for him on our lawn. Asked DW about it this morning and she has no idea where it came.

Have a good one all.
[/QUOTE )
Congratulations on the big day enjoy.

Yeah...not sure any dealer does anything for free anymore. Maybe at an independent garage.
It makes me wonder why I still bring it to the Toyota dealer. I've paid it off, it has no warranty left. I could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere. I guess I'm a creature of habit.

Well I think DS is and I'm happy for him.
The kids get excited about it. DD was the same last year. I was happy for her graduating high school, I could have cared less about the formalities. But I'm a grumpy old man. Get off my lawn.

Congratulations on spending your money.

Repairs are always cheaper than a monthly car payment. It just becomes the hassle of the repair. I would like to be able give up my car and ride my bike to work one day.

Good for him. I don't remember how I felt for HS graduation. Hope he enjoys it.

Yeah...not sure any dealer does anything for free anymore. Maybe at an independent garage.
It makes me wonder why I still bring it to the Toyota dealer. I've paid it off, it has no warranty left. I could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere. I guess I'm a creature of habit.

I still take my Toyota Camry to the dealer, even though it's 6 years old. I take the Aztek elsewhere. However, I tend to find an independent garage works well enough for awhile, but then they want to overcharge or don't do a good job, so I find someone else. That car is 15 years old with almost 200K miles, and I'm just hoping it survives the one kid.

And....
wp_ss_20180930_0001 (2).png

Morning, gents.

Atta boy.
$250 just for "diagnostics" to figure out the problem
:headache: Ouch.
I try to remind myself that I paid the thing off last year, so repairs hopefully are cheaper than a new vehicle.
::yes:: It will be.
:lmao:
We did get home to find a congratulations sign for him on our lawn. Asked DW about it this morning and she has no idea where it came.
Huh! Wonder where it came from.
It's over there by the lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!