DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

G'afternoon all...

I'd say more, but there really isn't much more to add right now.
Well...
Nothing particurally positive up lifting anyway.

Joy comes in the morning

Despite the good news yesterday of signed contracts, I heard directly from several people their departments and jobs were eliminated June 30. So, looks like I'm not out of the woods yet.

Thanks. I'm back to grasping at straws. Sadly, I could easily survive on the income of my other job, but I can't slow down DW's spending.

Hang in there. I see the Dems have decided to ask the Governor to meet. The reality of it all going off the rails is finally setting in. I just hope they don't kick the can down the road again. Over here in the mountains the Judge-Execs have started to raid various accounts to keep things afloat. When you loose 90% of your coal severance income but don't cut spending it catches up to you quick. We also have had huge jumps in medical expenses for "guests of the sheriffs" because of cheap heroin and hepatitis.

Good night of hockey with the Blues winning their first Stanley cup. I have a job interview in the morning.

Best wishes on the interview

'Morning all...
Time to log another day in the books.
At least they're still paying me for the work.

for now... :rolleyes:

uh oh. that doesn't sound good....
It's not...
But it could be worse, and I need to keep that in mind.

I think...

Do I?

What were we talking about?

Despite the good news yesterday of signed contracts, I heard directly from several people their departments and jobs were eliminated June 30. So, looks like I'm not out of the woods yet.
Hello uncertainty...
That's the worst part of it all.
Difficult to work out any kind of sensible strategy when you don't know the rules of thew game.

I have a job interview in the morning.
May that go well.
Very well.

Let me and Norm know if they need any more help.
We may both be in the market for something different.

If you find anything, I was young, and I needed the work.
Likely story...

Wait, I actually believe that one.

Hang in there. I see the Dems have decided to ask the Governor to meet. The reality of it all going off the rails is finally setting in. I just hope they don't kick the can down the road again. Over here in the mountains the Judge-Execs have started to raid various accounts to keep things afloat. When you loose 90% of your coal severance income but don't cut spending it catches up to you quick. We also have had huge jumps in medical expenses for "guests of the sheriffs" because of cheap heroin and hepatitis.

Two separate issues.

We don't have money to pay pensions because we spent it on high school football fields, college dormitories, etc.

We can't afford your current job because we want more indirect costs in the contract. One department so far eliminated.

If you find anything, I was young, and I needed the work.

I'm glad there were no cell phones back in my day.

Morning All.

last exam complete for DS, took him 30 minutes. That seems like a good way to finish.

Now just to get through the prom, graduation and I'm sure a few parties.

Norway did better against France than I thought. Yeah, the celebrations were a bit much. Act like you've been there before, especially up 10 goals.

Hoping for the best on the job front, good luck.

I didn't see that last game, the French must have been close to having a heart attack.

Good night of hockey with the Blues winning their first Stanley cup. I have a job interview in the morning.

The Cup will be making a stop here this summer, Jake Allen is from here.

Good luck on the interview.

Last edited:

I didn't see that last game, the French must have been close to having a heart attacked.

The French were on the attack, but just couldn't finish.

F&A indirects for us is 48% when they can get it. Many agencies refuse to pay that rate.

Our indirect costs were 10%. So, they asked for 24% this year. Not sure why the dramatic increase. And, not sure what was signed because they won't tell us, but shutting down a department tells me they weren't all that close.

Funny picture from the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia. It is now a national historic site but it was build as the French fort. Check out the flag.

View attachment 408822

Full disclosure... the white flag was the French naval flag at that time.
So, the white flag was a sign of surrender BEFORE it became a symbol of surrender. Will wonders never cease?

Oh, man.
Any idea when the dust will settle?
I was pretty happy to see them win.
Good luck with the interview!
It's not...
But it could be worse, and I need to keep that in mind.
Hope things get better.
last exam complete for DS, took him 30 minutes. That seems like a good way to finish.
Unless he stared at it for 30 minutes and handed in a blank sheet.
Funny picture from the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia. It is now a national historic site but it was build as the French fort. Check out the flag.

View attachment 408822

:laughing:

Still...

So....
You're saying their soccer team is like their military?

I didn't say they ran away. Not as bad as the not-so-brave Sir Robin.

Maybe there were French time travelers, and they looked into the future and found out they were chickens.

And, I heard they arrested the Ortiz shooters. There were several involved, he was targeted, but they still have no motive.

Oh, man.
Any idea when the dust will settle?

They sent out an email that said new contract was signed, but not any details. So, I really have no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!