DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And the referee screwed them again. Sure, this one was a handball and a penalty. But, the other one was a flop. One sided officiating. Is this the Patriots and NFL?
I didn’t see the first goal, but that’s a penalty all day.

On this day 23 years ago I married the love of my life. She is not much for making a big deal of stuff like this so I have to post about one of the two best things to ever happen to in a safe place. (The other is the Declan and I can post about him wherever I want because I'm the parent.) ;) The two of us celebrated last night with a nice BBQ steak, a bottle of shiraz and watched the Last Jedi on Netflix.
images

I didn’t see the first goal, but that’s a penalty all day.

The first goal was on a set play about 25 yards out. Foul given when the French player flopped. I agreed the hand ball was a penalty, but since the flop wasn't a foul, that would have be a good "make-up" no call.

I figured France would win, even though you wouldn't let me cheer for them. Croatia was out playing them in the beginning, and it may have been a different match without the early goal. At 4-2, it's over for sure now.

Last edited:
The first goal was on a set play about 25 yards out. Foul given when the French player flopped. I agreed the hand ball was a penalty, but since the flop wasn't a foul, that would have be a good "make-up" no call.

I figured France would win, even though you wouldn't let me cheer for them. Croatia was out playing them in the beginning, and it may have been a different match without the early goal. At 4-2, it's over for sure now.
I hear ya, and morally you are right, but 2 bad decisions compounds the error. The ref is there to call it by decision, not to even up the score.
VAR isn’t allowed to get involved in free kicks yet, that will be the next step.
You could have supported France, and you would have had the opportunity to join them in not washing for a while when I turned your water off. ;)

This was released by the Pirate Princess' shark research program. She placed me under a strict news embargo until they let it out of the bag. Early that morning, she was driving the prep boat but was on the tagging expedition. They did interview her and a number of other students which may or may not be used in the show. She also spent about 2 hours with them filming her boss while she was driving, including bringing him to the dock. You may catch a glimpse of that. Even if if you don't see her, you can get an idea on the stuff they are doing.

"One week from today is the start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel and you’ll get to see some of the incredible work we do in three different episodes! On Wednesday July 25th at 9:00pm in “Shark Tank Meets Shark Week” the Sharks aren’t battling to buy businesses; instead they are all vying for a $50,000 donation on the line for a shark centric non-profit. We are joined by Shark Barbara Corcoran as we take some of our FINS students on a tagging expedition in Miami."

I hear ya, and morally you are right, but 2 bad decisions compounds the error. The ref is there to call it by decision, not to even up the score.
VAR isn’t allowed to get involved in free kicks yet, that will be the next step. ;)

You're right, 007 about two bad calls. But, that's the problem I have with any type of replays or reviews. If one bad call can be overturned, then they all can. Why change one call for one team but not the other? Replay everything or nothing. And, if they are going to be replays, then no replays in super slow motion with time delays. A quick reversal or play on.

This was released by the Pirate Princess' shark research program. She placed me under a strict news embargo until they let it out of the bag. Early that morning, she was driving the prep boat but was on the tagging expedition. They did interview her and a number of other students which may or may not be used in the show. She also spent about 2 hours with them filming her boss while she was driving, including bringing him to the dock. You may catch a glimpse of that. Even if if you don't see her, you can get an idea on the stuff they are doing.

"One week from today is the start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel and you’ll get to see some of the incredible work we do in three different episodes! On Wednesday July 25th at 9:00pm in “Shark Tank Meets Shark Week” the Sharks aren’t battling to buy businesses; instead they are all vying for a $50,000 donation on the line for a shark centric non-profit. We are joined by Shark Barbara Corcoran as we take some of our FINS students on a tagging expedition in Miami."

Again, that is really cool. And, another proud dad moment.

Gents, the hurricane/tropical storm Chris was thankfully not much more than mother nature farting. We had heavy rain Thursday afternoon for about an hour, then drizzle and high-ish wind until midnight. Beautiful sunny day today and we're no worse for the wear.

Glad to hear it, Jeff!

On this day 23 years ago I married the love of my life. She is not much for making a big deal of stuff like this so I have to post about one of the two best things to ever happen to in a safe place. (The other is the Declan and I can post about him wherever I want because I'm the parent.) ;) The two of us celebrated last night with a nice BBQ steak, a bottle of shiraz and watched the Last Jedi on Netflix.

Congratulations on 23 years, Darcy!

Very cool. She's on quite a roll lately.

Morning all. Nothing but sun here and climbing temps. Sun is great but we need some rain!

Dan, after our match last night I was talking with the guy on my team from Millwall, turns out he use to be a firefighter in West Ham.

I'm going to have to try to find a discovery streaming online option or see if I can get someone to record it for me. I haven't had cable for many years, so I can't see it otherwise. Tell PP congrats!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Back to reality and let me tell you it is sucking right about now. Too much to get fully caught up but congrats CJ and all DDs goings on, Happy late anniversary Darcy and late condolences to Dan over England. Hope all are well, healthy and the families are good. Positive note, get to book FP+ for September Food & Wine trip :-)
Another 9 days before I can make my FPs. Congrats on your FP day...hope you get everything you want.

Very boring weekend in my parts. Rained the whole time so I ended up tagging along with DW and youngest DD. Never an exciting day tagging along at the mall. When your little girl starts shopping at Victoria’s Secret, you know she’s lost to the dark side...

On this day 23 years ago I married the love of my life. She is not much for making a big deal of stuff like this so I have to post about one of the two best things to ever happen to in a safe place.
Belated but congrats on the milestone

One week from today is the start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel
Sounds great. I will have to tune in.

And it's Monday again. Enough said.

Morning chaps from Sunny and 88f London.
No World Cup, no Wimbledon. Bored. Applied for a couple of jobs to see what the market is like.

Have a supercalifrajulisticexpealidocious day.

I look forward to the day when I no longer have to work. Then, just mess with people and fill out random applications.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Back to reality and let me tell you it is sucking right about now. Too much to get fully caught up but congrats CJ and all DDs goings on, Happy late anniversary Darcy and late condolences to Dan over England. Hope all are well, healthy and the families are good. Positive note, get to book FP+ for September Food & Wine trip :-)

That's the way to time the trips - far apart to plan and schedule ADRs or FPs to keep the Magic going. Sadly, Disney has priced me out of the market. So, until both my girls are gone, there won't be two trips a year there anymore. And, we're considering a stay at Vero Beach next year, to just drive up and back for a MNSSHP.

Very boring weekend in my parts. Rained the whole time so I ended up tagging along with DW and youngest DD. Never an exciting day tagging along at the mall. When your little girl starts shopping at Victoria’s Secret, you know she’s lost to the dark

Yes, that was a scary day. I have two that want to shop there now. Thankfully, the closest one is 30+ miles away and we don't get by there often.

And it's Monday again. Enough said.
That's the way to time the trips - far apart to plan and schedule ADRs or FPs to keep the Magic going. Sadly, Disney has priced me out of the market. So, until both my girls are gone, there won't be two trips a year there anymore. And, we're considering a stay at Vero Beach next year, to just drive up and back for a MNSSHP.
I'm thinking I'm getting very close to being priced out...maybe another year or two. They keep raising the ticket prices, the points for DVC, the prices for food, charging to park, etc., etc., etc., etc. I realize they're in business to make money, but you can't tell me they're not already making money hand over fist, so I may be having to find other places to give my money to. The constant and exponential money grab is starting to make my love hate relationship turn more towards the latter side of that equation.

In actuality, the DDCC7 may be my final hurrah, so I might be priced out of it sooner than what I mentioned above. As of right now, I have nothing else planned for 2019, so might be renting my points vs. using them.

Vero beach or Hilton head seem like much more likely options in our near future.

I look forward to the day when I no longer have to work. Then, just mess with people and fill out random applications.
I might be going back. I feel like it's time.

On another note, Disney is off in August. If we lived 200 miles away, thats one thing, but a 12 hr journey with no real idea on what I'm gonna be able to do is another. Even with DVC points, it's still the thick end of 10 grand to not do much. We've lost the tickets on MNSSHP, but I'd rather that than sit and stew for a couple of weeks.

It sucks, but it's the sensible thing to do. Hey ho.

Last edited:
On another note, Disney is off in August. If we lived 200 miles away, thats one thing, but a 12 hr journey with no real idea on what I'm gonna be able to do is another. Even with DVC points, it's still the thick end of 10 grand to not do much.
Sorry to hear it Dan. I was hoping to share a drink with you at Trader Sam’s or some such place. But I completely understand given where you are with your recovery. I’m putting down similar money (even with free dining) so if I couldn’t enjoy it fully it would be a difficult decision to go ahead. I’ll be sure to toast you in your absence with an appropriate liquid libation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!