DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, the new legislation to the pension bill was filed here in KY. At the brief glance, it raises increases years of service requirement to make the minimum retirement age 60. I was 4 1/2 years away and just got another decade added. Politicians absolutely suck, and sadly, this bill will pass and all these idiots will be re-elected. Looks like it's time to find another job. And just when I was so close.

Having a great time at da world, but hasn't left much time to get on here. Will have a lot of catching up to do when we get back. Would post pictures as someone asked, but the pictures are too big and my photo editing software is at home. I promise, there will be pictures on my TR when I get back.
Got my "written" offer letter in email today, so good to have a new job once I get back. Outstanding benefits (including vacation time), so guess I won't retire just yet.

Upgraded to annual passes, so planning a return trip already with additional vacation time and APs working together in harmony. :yay:

Congrats on the written offer. Enjoy the magic.

Dozer sounded good, too. My daughter just started driving and is absolutely petrified every time we go out. Not sure how long it will take for her to get used to it.
::yes:::thumbsup2
that!

She's not scared. She's playing Mario Kart when she's driving. I'm scared. :scared1:

:wave: Paul.

Well, the new legislation to the pension bill was filed here in KY. At the brief glance, it raises increases years of service requirement to make the minimum retirement age 60. I was 4 1/2 years away and just got another decade added. Politicians absolutely suck, and sadly, this bill will pass and all these idiots will be re-elected. Looks like it's time to find another job. And just when I was so close.

:sad2:

Wow... Dude.... that's horrible.

Here we go... USA,USA,USA

Go Canada Go!

That sucks, Norm. Sorry to hear it.

I do have to admit that I'm surprised your minimum retirement age was so low to begin with. I think ours is 55, if I recall correctly. And then we still have a complicated payout formula based on actual years of service.

Go Canada Go!

Well, I couldn't stay up till 2 am to watch it, but it looks like it was a great game!

Morning boys. Bit of a shift around of Curly haired Ninjas Bedroom today in prep for the new wardrobes on Monday. Trying to get it all done before they come back from school so they don't start picking up everything again. Om my jacks tonight, so Ribeye and fried eggs for dinner.

I felt Canada was in control in the earlier game but the US did win the World.
Yeah, thats an unusual one, a World championship where other countries are allowed to take part....(sorry Mark);)
Well hello.
Or is that the Spanish Inquisition?
Bring me the soft cushions......

Have a good thursday

I did do a double take when I read the names though, I was thinking "I don't remember Jeff mentioning a DS....."
Yes, the same last names are a bit of a problem. DD wants it written in the show program that there's no relation between them. Being the leads in a relationship based musical, there's of course an obligatory romantic scene. So she wants it made clear that no, she is not kissing her brother! I will have my eyes closed for that part anyway...

Better. She was up and mobile yesterday and that put a huge smile on my face. Her parents have been pretty much on pins and needles last few days.
Good to hear. Best wishes for continued recovery.

Bad to hear. Talk about having the rug pulled out form under you. Here's hoping you can make the best of it. Or win the lottery. That's my retirement plan....

Well, I couldn't stay up till 2 am to watch it, but it looks like it was a great game!
I couldn't stay up either. But I did get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, as us older men are known to do. So I checked on game and watched the last 5 min of the 3rd plus overtime. I could be wrong and didn't see the first part of the game, but Canada only had a couple shots on goal in 25 minutes, so I think the US deserved the win. I still don't like shoot outs deciding medal games though.

Better. She was up and mobile yesterday and that put a huge smile on my face. Her parents have been pretty much on pins and needles last few days.

Glad to hear it--I know exactly what that feels like!

Yeah, thats an unusual one, a World championship where other countries are allowed to take part....(sorry Mark);)

:laughing:

Well, if the rest of the world doesn't play the sport, technically it can still be a world championship...

Being the leads in a relationship based musical, there's of course an obligatory romantic scene. So she wants it made clear that no, she is not kissing her brother! I will have my eyes closed for that part anyway...

:eek:

I still don't like shoot outs deciding medal games though.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that, either. I don't even like it much in the NHL, although it's slightly more palatable for deciding a regular season game. It just seems wrong to have a team sport decided by a skills competition.

Morning all. Hey it's Thursday!

Did you age and years of service have to add up to a certain number in the past? Is that why you were able to look at retirement at 50?

Congrats to the USA. Hate shoot-outs though, should never be used in a medal or playoff game.

Men's curlers have Can by the short hairs again, up 1 in the 10th with the hammer.

I will have my eyes closed for that part anyway...
Just one eye, surely. The other one will be looking down the barrel.
Men's curlers have Can by the short hairs again, up 1 in the 10th with the hammer.
I have no idea what that means, but it sounds exciting.
Well, if the rest of the world doesn't play the sport, technically it can still be a world championship..
Ah, OK. That makes sense :rolleyes1

Morning gents.

Saw some of that. And any game that goes right down to the very last is a good game.

I could be wrong and didn't see the first part of the game, but Canada only had a couple shots on goal in 25 minutes, so I think the US deserved the win. I still don't like shoot outs deciding medal games though.

I agree. While I hate that it came down to a shoot-out, the right team won.

Glad to hear it--I know exactly what that feels like!

::yes:: :hug:

Congrats to the USA. Hate shoot-outs though, should never be used in a medal or playoff game.

Agreed. Keep playing until it's decided.

Hi, Welcome back! Here have some Bacon!

giphy.gif

Happy Friday Eve guys!
Great news that she is getting better
Hey what's new?
Sorry to hear that though retirement at 50 is not normally heard of?
Yes, the same last names are a bit of a problem. DD wants it written in the show program that there's no relation between them. Being the leads in a relationship based musical, there's of course an obligatory romantic scene. So she wants it made clear that no, she is not kissing her brother! I will have my eyes closed for that part anyway...
Good luck to you on that one :worried:
Thought U.S. had the better of play throughout but agree with you and others that a shoot out for an Olympic medal game or any other championship is a lousy way to determine champion.

Happy Thursday guys. A bit beat today.

How about the maple syrup then?
Or snow. I'm thinking you didn't get enough of that?

Snow is cool as long as I don't have to drive in it or shovel it. The leaves changing is a great show.

Hey Paul. The kid was asking me who was running next year. You doing the half?

Aw man, that really sucks. Nothing like changing the rules when you are halfway through the game.

Yes, the same last names are a bit of a problem. DD wants it written in the show program that there's no relation between them.

I can see that. I notice the article said "not related."

I couldn't stay up either. But I did get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, as us older men are known to do. So I checked on game and watched the last 5 min of the 3rd plus overtime. I could be wrong and didn't see the first part of the game, but Canada only had a couple shots on goal in 25 minutes, so I think the US deserved the win. I still don't like shoot outs deciding medal games though.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that, either. I don't even like it much in the NHL, although it's slightly more palatable for deciding a regular season game. It just seems wrong to have a team sport decided by a skills competition.

Agreed. Keep playing until it's decided.

Thought U.S. had the better of play throughout but agree with you and others that a shoot out for an Olympic medal game or any other championship is a lousy way to determine champion.

Sat up on the couch to watch the game but nodded off after Canada's 2nd goal. I thought it was over at that point. The noise from when the US tied it woke me back up. The sudden death was nerve wracking. Thought they outplayed Canada but it only takes one shot to win it. As someone said on twitter, A shootout should never determine a championship but damn that was exciting." Felt bad for Canada. Considering 4 years ago, it was sweet for the US team.

US had a good day yesterday. The US Women's cross county team was another good story. And yes, Men's curling is headed to a medal.

Just one eye, surely. The other one will be looking down the barrel.

Good one.

It's Thursday. Week is over for me. :woohoo:

Wow... Dude.... that's horrible.
!

Thanks. It's still a Bill. They killed the last one, so there's still hope. This one also took away the health insurance for currently retired teachers (they get Medicare at 65).

That sucks, Norm. Sorry to hear it.

I do have to admit that I'm surprised your minimum retirement age was so low to begin with. I think ours is 55, if I recall correctly. And then we still have a complicated payout formula based on actual years of service.
!

Welcome to KY. 27 years of service regardless of age for retirement and health insurance. 20 years of service for hazardous duty. After that, it was a combination of years of service + age = 75. The trade off was low pay, plus they withheld 4 to 10% of pay for retirement.

I knew i would never "retire" because i didn't make enough to live on that monthly check alone, which was why I did side jobs and my own retirement investing. I lived up to my side of the of my conditions employment.

Bad to hear. Talk about having the rug pulled out form under you. Here's hoping you can make the best of it. Or win the lottery. That's my retirement plan....

I may need to start buying more than one ticket every month or so when i remember. :sad2:

Did you age and years of service have to add up to a certain number in the past? Is that why you were able to look at retirement at 50?

Yes. See above. But, unless you were related to a politician, only the supreme dictator executives as they preferred to be called, had enough money to actually retire. Most plan on continuing to work elsewhere.

Sorry to hear that though retirement at 50 is not normally heard of?

Good luck to you on that one :worried:

So is working for the level of my pay. I guess it's comparable to Clark Griswold and the jelly of the month club for a bonus. Except, I waited almost 23 years for that bonus and now it being proposed to be taken away. Where's cousin Eddie when i need him.

Last edited:
Snow is cool as long as I don't have to drive in it or shovel it. The leaves changing is a great show.

I like having the variety of all 4 seasons. But I would be fine if winter was at least a month shorter. Then it would be ending...oh, about now.

US had a good day yesterday. The US Women's cross county team was another good story. And yes, Men's curling is headed to a medal.

That cross country race was the first time I've ever been excited watching a cross country race. Announcers were going nuts, which was half the fun.

Welcome to KY. 27 years of service regardless of age for retirement and health insurance. 20 years of service for hazardous duty. After that, it was a combination of years of service + age = 75. The trade off was low pay, plus they withheld 4 to 10% of pay for retirement.

I knew i would never "retire" because i didn't make enough to live on that monthly check alone, which was why I did side jobs and my own retirement investing. I lived up to my side of the of my conditions employment.

Yeah, that's the part that would really have me ticked off. You work for so many years under a certain arrangement, and then near the finish line they pull a Darth Vader and alter the deal. And the whole time you've traded off salary for the promise that you'd be taken care of later with a pension. Not cool.

At the brief glance, it raises increases years of service requirement to make the minimum retirement age 60. I was 4 1/2 years away and just got another decade added.
Sorry buddy, this is evil. Are they not even offering a sweetener on the deal?
Just "sorry mate, you're shafted" and that's it?

Hey Paul. The kid was asking me who was running next year. You doing the half?

Don't think so. Doing the Cruise at the end of November with some of the other Dads, so I'm not planning on going down for DDCC as well. If I do end up going it'll be a last minute thing, so I'm prob not going to book the full or half beforehand.

Though I've said similar things before, and still gone and run, so we will see...

Yeah, that's the part that would really have me ticked off. You work for so many years under a certain arrangement, and then near the finish line they pull a Darth Vader and alter the deal. And the whole time you've traded off salary for the promise that you'd be taken care of later with a pension. Not cool.

::yes::

Sorry buddy, this is evil. Are they not even offering a sweetener on the deal?
Just "sorry mate, you're shafted" and that's it?

Nope. Teacher's Union is fighting the legislation. It's just sad this is the Great plan our elected leaders come up with. If it's a money issue, they could legalize cannabis and tax it. Not sure if i support that plan either, but one that explicitly takes money away is not a good solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!