DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Matt Moore let the Phins on 2 touchdown drives to tie the score. Cutler is out because of a concussion. Why they got him in the first place is anybody's guess

So what's for sides? And dessert?

With a vegetarian in the house, you either have to compromise on what you eat or cook more. I do not compromise on Thanksgiving, my favorite meal of the year.

The Menu:
Turkey (I buy a breast because I am not a fan of dark meat) - Mine
Some nondescript protein - Hers and her responsibility to prepare
Portabello risotto stuffing - Mine
Portabello risotto stuffing (vegitarian) - Hers
Stove Top herb stuffing - Hers and her responsibility to prepare
Mashed potato casserole - Mine
Sweet potato casserole - Hers and her responsibility to prepare
Roasted Brussel Sprouts - Mostly hers but I might have 1 or 2
Roasted Asparagus or Broccoli - Ours
Turkey gravy - Mine
Vegetarian Gravy - Hers
Rolls - Ours

Not a big dessert person so probably just a pumpkin pie from Publix. Maybe Key lime or apple.

Plenty of leftovers for both of us.

I'll start making my stock for the gravy tomorrow or Tuesday. Risotto and both potato casseroles made on Wednesday and I'll start brining the turkey.

Happy Sunday. A good shift at thr church today. Maybe a homeless person found his way back into the staff offices and was searching thru a desk as I left the door unlocked to unpack some stuff. Got him some coffee and donuts and he left. Don't know if he stole anything.

Wow. Hope nothing is missing.

DW is doing the shopping this year. Thanksgiving doesn't begin until Friday for me as i get both sets of outlaws on Thursday after my family Wednesday. I'll do some cooking on Friday.

Forgot about the trials you go through on the holidays. Give your BIL a big F you from all of us.

I think Pickles is his wife...

No mate, that would be the Lady Katharine.

What, just a Lady and not Queen Katherine?

And the Dolphins let them march right down the field to take the lead. As a bonus they screwed up the return laterals and threw it into the end zone and the Bucs recovered. That is a new one.

Matt Moore let the Phins on 2 touchdown drives to tie the score. Cutler is out because of a concussion. Why they got him in the first place is anybody's guess

I think they had 10 million or so they just wanted to throw away.

Nice menu, well half of it anyway.

The Menu:
Turkey gravy - Mine
Vegetarian Gravy - Hers
Rolls - Ours
Sounds good buddy. Apart from the rabbit food.
Forgot about the trials you go through on the holidays. Give your BIL a big F you from all of us.
Yeah, with ya Norm. I can give you some Cockney cusses that he'll have no idea about if you like.
And Cutler carried on the throwing away, just with the football. And the season for the Phins.

Watching those evil Patriots in the Mexico game.

I think Pickles is his wife...

That explains it.

Dry cured pork. Which tends to apply to bacon, cut in thin rashers.
Or, you know, smoked pork. When its like Canadian Bacon shape, we call it Gammon.

Gammon. Add that to English translation guide.

No mate, that would be the Lady Katharine.

Then, confused again. Did you just eat pickles on your turkey?

The Menu:
Turkey gravy - Mine
Vegetarian Gravy - Hers
Rolls - Ours

Not a big dessert person so probably just a pumpkin pie from Publix. Maybe Key lime or apple.

Forgot about the trials you go through on the holidays. Give your BIL a big F you from us.
?

That portobello risotto dressing does sound good. I've been fixing fresh Brussel sprouts for DW, which almost makes them edible. Drop them in boiling water for a couple minutes, slice in half, roast in oven for 20 minutes with olive oil and salt & pepper. Cheesecake Factory has an excellent key lime cheesecake. I might try to figure that out one day.

Thanks for the support. Sadly, it just is what it is. I could handle it better if I was sitting in a beach condo the rest of the year.

They could have had me easily for 1/10th that. And, I could have had the same performance.

Yeah, with ya Norm. I can give you some Cockney cusses that he'll have no idea about if you like.

But I won't understand those either. :lmao:
Thanks for the support as well.

Then, confused again. Did you just eat pickles on your turkey?
No mate. In England, there is a tradition post high holidays (particularly Boxing Day) of eating the cold leftover meat with pickles (we call them gherkins or cornichons depending on size), Branston pickle (seriously, you guys need to get this, it will be in your British sections of the supermarket, its incredible with cold turkey and cold pork), mashed potato and bubble & squeak.
Cheesecake Factory has an excellent key lime cheesecake.
You speak the truth. I also like their Buffalo wings.
I've been fixing fresh Brussel sprouts for DW, which almost makes them edible
No good for the PP, but they are very good with crushed chestnuts and lardons.

Morning boys from a drizzly East End. Have a good Monday.

That would be feeling the love. The ultimate mortality diet? McRib with a Hot Pocket chaser. :scared1:

CJ's meal would have to include a vegetarian Hot Pocket for his DD. As Jim Gaffigan says, the vegetarian Hot Pocket is "for those who won't want to eat meat, but would like diarrhea."

Just going to leave this here...

YES.

Currently watching to see how the Dolphins can lose to the Bucs.

And the Dolphins let them march right down the field to take the lead. As a bonus they screwed up the return laterals and threw it into the end zone and the Bucs recovered. That is a new one.

Now aren't you glad you watched? You got to see something new.

I hear their key lime pies are pretty good.

I'd be happy to throw interceptions for them for $10 million.

That portobello risotto dressing does sound good. I've been fixing fresh Brussel sprouts for DW, which almost makes them edible. Drop them in boiling water for a couple minutes, slice in half, roast in oven for 20 minutes with olive oil and salt & pepper. Cheesecake Factory has an excellent key lime cheesecake. I might try to figure that out one day.
If you ever make it down my way, I'll make you a key lime cheesecake. I make a killer cheesecake and one of the (many) people at church loves it. Then I found out her favorite is key lime pie, so I made her a key lime cheesecake that she said was to die for. Since I made it for her and didn't have any myself, I can only take her word for it.

I hear their key lime pies are pretty good.

As someone who's a bit of a key lime pie snob (by-product of spending a lot of time up & down they keys), Publix does make a good one. I think since Publix is based out of FL (Lakeland), they got the recipe from someone in the keys.

If you ever make it down my way, I'll make you a key lime cheesecake. I make a killer cheesecake and one of the (many) people at church loves it. Then I found out her favorite is key lime pie, so I made her a key lime cheesecake that she said was to die for. Since I made it for her and didn't have any myself, I can only take her word for it.

Now I wish I could retroactively stop by this past summer.

As someone who's a bit of a key lime pie snob (by-product of spending a lot of time up & down they keys), Publix does make a good one. I think since Publix is based out of FL (Lakeland), they got the recipe from someone in the keys.

Bit of an inside joke there. CJ met up with us in Miami over the summer and brought us a gift from Publix.

Morning Guys.

Busy week ahead up here. DS has a basketball game tomorrow night and I'm spending the week finishing up everything we need for our annual conference, AGM and awards dinner. To top it off DS has their home tournament Friday through Sunday and I'm hoping they are playing late Sunday so I don't have to miss the whole thing.

Have a good one.

Happy Monday. Still dreadfully cold here, especially for November.

No mate. In England, there is a tradition post high holidays (particularly Boxing Day) of eating the cold leftover meat with pickles (we call them gherkins or cornichons depending on size), Branston pickle (seriously, you guys need to get this, it will be in your British sections of the supermarket, its incredible with cold turkey and cold pork), mashed potato and bubble & squeak.

Bubble & squeak? Just more to translate.

We have gherkins here as well which are a sweet pickle. They are quite delicious. I've never just put them on turkey. I've chopped them up to include in egg salad sandwich.

British section of the supermarket? You don't know Kentucky. Our international aisle consists of tortillas and fajita seasoning. :lmao:

That does sound good. Will have to take you up on that sometime.

Bubble & squeak? Just more to translate.

We have gherkins here as well which are a sweet pickle. They are quite delicious. I've never just put them on turkey. I've chopped them up to include in egg salad sandwich.

British section of the supermarket? You don't know Kentucky. Our international aisle consists of tortillas and fajita seasoning. :lmao:
Bubble & Squeak - Sprouts Bacon, Potatoes, Cabbage, Onions. Mash the potatoes, fry the sprouts cabbage & Onions, Olive Oil, tons of salt & pepper stir in and fry some more, finish off in the oven. Awesomeness.

On the gherkins front, you just have them on the side. Maybe some pickled cabbage as well.

On the Branston, if I get you in Secret Santa, that's what you're getting.
And I'm looking at kentucky real estate to open a British shop.

I've made that drive 20 times to/fro WDW over the years. It's a good haul. Add children in the car and it's longer than ride from Tattoine to Alderon at ludicrous speed.
I didn't say all the way to WDW. ;)

That's another 7.5 hours past me.

Hey guys,

Wasted day today. To get the money from the Govm't I had to get a certified form from the County Clerks's office. FOUR FRIGGING HOURS LATER my number was called. Spent about 5 minutes in front of the clerk behind the cubical and done. Except I had to wait for the main office to fax it over. Another 30 minutes later I got out of there (They did wave the $7 fee. Came back to the house and the kid was sleeping on my couch. The mutt that I did not want was also here so I let him out. then to Williams-Sonoma for turkey brine seasoning. Starving I stopped at Red Robin for a take out burger. First time there and have to say tasty burger and steak fries.

So the sum total of my accomplishments today were 1 form, 1 jar of turkey brine spice mix and a burger. Still have to go to hit Publix for T-day vittles.

On FB I posted a pic of the PP holding a large Bull Shark while they are tagging it. If I figure out how to do it here, I'll do the same.

Oh, and a 6 foot crocodile was playing at the beach in Hollywood. I grew up on those beaches and lots of Canadians spend their winters in Hollywood. Maybe the croc had a craving for Canadian bacon? They caught it and will tag in and release it in the Everglades.

Turn the sound off because it is just static.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter