DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Worked a couple hours and then took the rest of the day sick. You all stay well
You too mate. Can you relax this weekend? Sound like you need it.
If I win the Lotto forget about Golden Oaks, give me a townhouse in Florence.
I loved Florence, but I preferred Sicily. We had a villa at the top of a mountain and you woke up with Etna out of your window. As doc said, the roads were horrendous, we had to do a 3 point turn basically over the back of a cliff to get to the driveway. Florence we stayed in the diplomatic quarter. Siene is beautiful if you ever go back. I think we'd buy there, seeing as we're not gonna pull the trigger on Florida and a bigger house in London is just not worth it, as the taxman bends you over and has a good old go.

Morning boys from a cold London. Early run for me this morning, as the kids invaded our bed. And I need to make room for all the carbs today. New Manager's first game today at West Ham, we'll see how he gets on. Have a great one fellas.

Happy Saturday. Still sick, but doing better with antibiotic and methylprednisone. Still hacking.

OK boys, that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Shula's Lounge for Old Fashioneds has to take Nala home. And let me tell ya, she loves to pin ya down. You'll definitely feel the love tonight. Anyone who get hammered and suggests Tony's or a McRib is straight in the penalty box.

That would be feeling the love. The ultimate mortality diet? McRib with a Hot Pocket chaser. :scared1:

You to Bubba. Your experience has upped the urgency for me to get a flu shot.

If I win the Lotto forget about Golden Oaks, give me a townhouse in Florence. My favorite city in the entire world. The food, the architecture, the art, the people... almost teared up when we left

Thanks. I did get the flu shot though. I guess this was bacterial instead of viral.

Been on the Europe tour - London, Paris, Nice, Rome, Florence, Venice, Sardenia, and some others in Germany and Amsterdam. I'll stick with the World Showcase version. :lmao:

When i hit the lotto, I'll have place in Golden Oak and a place on Vero Beach. That way, i can make it to WDW or the ocean or both in the same day. I'd buy a place in New York, just to have the crew of this Old House come in to fix it all up, and maybe stop in there a few times a year.

You too mate. Can you relax this weekend? Sound like you need it.

I loved Florence, but I preferred Sicily. We had a villa at the top of a mountain and you woke up with Etna out of your window. As doc said, the roads were horrendous, we had to do a 3 point turn basically over the back of a cliff to get to the driveway. Florence we stayed in the diplomatic quarter. Siene is beautiful if you ever go back. I think we'd buy there, seeing as we're not gonna pull the trigger on Florida and a bigger house in London is just not worth it, as the taxman bends you over and has a good old go.

Tennis again this AM and then the rest of the day. Have to work tomorrow though. Then, i can relax Thanksgiving week.

Morning boys from a cold London. Early run for me this morning, as the kids invaded our bed. And I need to make room for all the carbs today. New Manager's first game today at West Ham, we'll see how he gets on. Have a great one fellas.

Good luck to West Ham. Not sure I'll get a match or not, depends on the local TV, and they like golf, figure skating, or anything else over football.

Morning Men.

Just checking in from the road. DS is playing in their first tournament of the season this weekend and his team is in the final this afternoon against our cross-town rival. Always nice to travel to a tournament and end up playing the high school from the other side of town. DS has started both their games so far, a blow-out win in a rematch of the AAA high school final from last season and a comfortable win over a team that is just behind them in the pre-season rankings. This afternoon's game should be a tough one.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. I will try to get back to the Canadian bacon discussion later.

Happy Saturday guys. Butt it on the couch and it is kickoff time. Hot dogs for lunch in a bit. Hope Florida can win today and then beat FSU next week. Would also like to see Virginia upset Miami. Have a good one.

Home from tennis. Did well, but could feel it. Oldest dd went out of town with her swim team, even though she is still injured. Or, she just wanted to ride the team bus and get away from her parents for 10 hours. Youngest is skipping tennis for a friend's birthday party. So, DW and i have the house alone where she can listen to me blow my nose. :sad2:

Hope you all have a great Saturday. I will try to get back to the Canadian bacon discussion later.

I hope you do. I could look up the reason about ham vs Canadian bacon on Wikipedia, but that's too much effort. I sure want to hear your insight about it. :lmao:

Happy Saturday guys. Butt it on the couch and it is kickoff time. Hot dogs for lunch in a bit. Hope Florida can win today and then beat FSU next week. Would also like to see Virginia upset Miami. Have a good one.

English Premier League - Manchester United vs Newcastle.

Just going to leave this here...
]

I wondered when they would get around to the next one. The first one was great, and i still use phrases like caught you monologing from first one.

Gators shut out in the first half! CHOMP CHOMP! I could used to this!

Evening All,

Made it home a couple of hours ago. DS and his team finished 2nd in the tournament, lost 78-72. They were down by 14 going into the 4th quarter, got it back to 3 but just couldn't get it to even. DS started all three games this weekend as their normal starting post player was away. He did well playing a position he doesn't normally play, saving his best game for today's final. He played all but a minute or two of the first half and probably between 10 to 15 of the second. Pretty proud of my grade 11 son stepping up to show what he could do.

To the Canadian Bacon thing, it was actually the Brits that gave it that name when they imported smoked pork from Canada because they had a bacon shortage.

Hope you are all having a great day. I'm sitting back enjoying a Picaroons Winter Warmer Strong Ale and watching Toy Story 3.

Afternoon guys. Good day yesterday with a much needed Gator win. Some good games yesterday but more were boring. Next weekend should be better. Currently watching to see how the Dolphins can lose to the Bucs.

Gators shut out in the first half! CHOMP CHOMP! I could used to this!

They played well and would've gotten a shut out if not for one play. Big one next week against the hated Semi-holes. No news on the coaching search.

Made it home a couple of hours ago. DS and his team finished 2nd in the tournament, lost 78-72. They were down by 14 going into the 4th quarter, got it back to 3 but just couldn't get it to even. DS started all three games this weekend as their normal starting post player was away. He did well playing a position he doesn't normally play, saving his best game for today's final. He played all but a minute or two of the first half and probably between 10 to 15 of the second. Pretty proud of my grade 11 son stepping up to show what he could do.

Not a bad showing, congrats to Declan and the team.

To the Canadian Bacon thing, it was actually the Brits that gave it that name when they imported smoked pork from Canada because they had a bacon shortage.

Yeah yeah, it's always our fault......

Usually because it actually is.

Funny. I think world wars were started over lesser disagreements.

Morning chaps from a hungover London. Red wine head. Football. Turkey leftovers with pickles. That is all.

I started drooling over Thanksgiving 3 days ago. Menu drawn up and the shopping list is ready for my Publix visit tomorrow. Also stopping by Williams-Sanoma for their brine mix. Funny that it takes me a few days to prep and cook for a meal I digest in about 5 minutes. The leftovers make it worth it though. Can't wait.

He played all but a minute or two of the first half and probably between 10 to 15 of the second. Pretty proud of my grade 11 son stepping up to show what he could do
Nice one Declan, let him know we are rooting for him.
Menu drawn up and the shopping list is ready for my Publix visit tomorrow
So what's for sides? And dessert?
Currently watching to see how the Dolphins can lose to the Bucs.
They seem to be figuring it out.
Sounds like a day!
It was a very light one. I think I've breathed in about 4 minutes of outside air. At least the hangover has cleared. Which has been replaced by the cold fog of desperation watching West Ham. It might be time to hit the limoncello. Enjoy Lotso and the beers.

Happy Sunday. A good shift at thr church today. Maybe a homeless person found his way back into the staff offices and was searching thru a desk as I left the door unlocked to unpack some stuff. Got him some coffee and donuts and he left. Don't know if he stole anything.

Congrats to your boy.

That sounds interesting. So, they couldn't have called it Canadian smoked pork? Dan, what do the brits call smoked pork?

Yeah yeah, it's always our fault......

Usually because it actually is.

::yes:: :lmao:

Morning chaps from a hungover London. Red wine head. Football. Turkey leftovers with pickles. That is all.

Turkey and pickles? I like my turkey sandwich with bread. Or, is bread called pickles over there? :lmao:

I started drooling over Thanksgiving 3 days ago. Menu drawn up and the shopping list is ready for my Publix visit tomorrow. Also stopping by Williams-Sanoma for their brine mix. Funny that it takes me a few days to prep and cook for a meal I digest in about 5 minutes. The leftovers make it worth it though. Can't wait.

DW is doing the shopping this year. Thanksgiving doesn't begin until Friday for me as i get both sets of outlaws on Thursday after my family Wednesday. I'll do some cooking on Friday.

Dan, what do the brits call smoked pork?
Dry cured pork. Which tends to apply to bacon, cut in thin rashers.
Or, you know, smoked pork. When its like Canadian Bacon shape, we call it Gammon.
I like my turkey sandwich with bread. Or, is bread called pickles over there?
:rotfl:Bread stage is tomorrow. Today was Cold Turkey, Cucumber spears, Picallilli and mashed potatoes. Turkey Club Sandwiches tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter