DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

T-storm. Pools closed. Hiding in hotel.

I liked seeing Solo, liked seeing Luke. Too bad we couldn't have seen Leia without it being CG :sad:
Things I didn't care for (sorry, it's a longer list) and hoping it doesn't start a war on here:
Kylo Ren - Darth wannabee and if you're going to want to be menacing, don't take off the mask
Stormtrooper defector - No way he can even begin to battle against Kylo Ren and not be toast in 2 seconds
I can see the girl because she's already demonstrated she has force ability albeit not under control yet
The sun killer - I can handle the death star, but a planet that sucks up the power of the sun, no!
Also, that will kill every planet in the system (no sun, planets die) not just storing the power to kill one planet they want to target.
The battle with the fighters had multiple instances/maneuvers where there was NO way that could've been done
BB8 - The idea of a rolling droid just didn't sit well with me. What advantage could that have over other droids that would result in it being designed to begin with?
I cannot see a metal ball being able to get any kind of traction/momentum on anything other than a very flat, very tacky surface.
Seems like there were a couple other things, but I think I've successfully managed to forget enough details

A single small unguarded station that holds the whole balance to operating system. Evil person holds the light saber to the head and force freezing (that was cool) but doesn't kill?

Seems another fight broke out over on the FB group. Should we try to start some infighting over here?
?

Another fight. I seem to be missing these. Was it any good? Should we fight about that? Doubt it. That's one of the reasons I've stayed over here since the split.

Very good idea/plan. I think I will steal(err borrow) that one. :thanks:

I don't have many good ideas. Steal as many as you want - but i warned you.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Have a good weekend all, even the guys at DaWorld, jealous. In case Dan does not make it to call the day (at DaWorld) Rob has pretty much called it, so unless Dan has a better idea I say we hit Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and join the rest of the fellas.
!

I'm going to go with Tambu Lounge. Grotto is terrifically themed, but way too small and crowded with all the seats in there. Plus, they let a bunch of kids in and it was really loud.

I guess Dan is too busy budgie smuggling with Norm to call it this weekend. And I have no where to go but my couch tonight. But that's OK. I'll get to Trader Sam's one day...

Neat trick. We need MagicBands outside of Disney. Well, I suppose you can put limits on kids bank cards. Until they turn 18 I guess.:eek:

No smugglers here. I thought about doing a pre-paid credit card for my girls for real life applications, but then i put them onto credit cards. I would like to go all cash, but have just gotten used to a credit card and those great rewards I get. I would like to stop using my card as well, but i would have to convince DW. Maybe one day.

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. No judgment.

For me, I don't think too hard about realism in Star Wars movies. I mean, there's no sound in space, you wouldn't actually be able to dodge laser beams being shot at you because they'd travel at the speed of light, the Force is made up and has completely arbitrary rules depending on the scene, etc., etc. If they have a cute rolling robot, cool. It's fun.

Not for Star Wars, but i can't help to do that with Marvel. I tried to explain to my wife that Iceman was one of the first X-Men in comics and had to be older than what he was in the movie. Of course, i talk during the movie which she hates even more.

Last edited:
We had a wonderful dinner at Kona with Dan, his wife, and two children. He has a terrific family. Or, excellently disguised Mi6 operatives. :lmao:
That we did mate, really enjoyed dinner with Norm and his wonderful family. As for the Mi6, watch the small curly haired one. She's like a fr1ggin Ninja once she kicks off. Great to meet you and the family mate, I'll try and catch you for another cheeky beer before you go.

I keep thinking I should cut the cord but I'm too weak to lose out on live sports. That's where they got me.
Understandable…
I kept paying for the service far longer then I should’ve for relatable reasons.
But, it just got to the point where I simply can’t justify it any more.

I figured out a way to prevent both girls from asking for stuff while teaching them to budget money. We gave them a $50 limit on their Magic Bands. Now, they don't want to spend money on anything. :lmao:
Nicely done sir.
I’ve done that with cash amounts in the past with good success.

But now that it’s housing, groceries, fuel and school fees, once the account runs dry, we really do have to find a way to come up with more; at least until he gets out and has to start covering that stuff on his own dime.

Seems another fight broke out over on the FB group.
O good lord.

Now wha…
never mind, I’m sure I don’t really want to know.

Some people just need to let it go or deal with it privately.
That’d be nice, but the concept tends to run counter to the current evolutionary state of social media.

I invoke my 5th Amendment rights on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.
Neither of us can be incriminated of something that is already common knowledge.

so unless Dan has a better idea I say we hit Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and join the rest of the fellas.
Excellent! My DW and I will be splitting a Nautilus…
Go on ahead and order it up for us and I’ll be along after a while to pick it up and pay you back.

I'm ready, let's go...too early yet?
Nope, it ain’t too early…
But at the moment I just can’t seem to get the overlords to understand that fact.

I did make it to Zombie Burger. Great place! Really good burgers. Plus beer-battered fries and I had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch milkshake. Took 5 years off my life, but it was worth it.
And more importantly, you got to see the giant trowel!

Actually, that prescription for a coronary sounds right tasty.
But I suspect that the ballgame would be the thing I’d enjoy the most were I out there of some reason.

Good to have you back home, by the way.

I have my own opinions on the FB group lately, but mostly I'm thankful to still have this place. Let's keep it sane.
Yes please.

I read along over there but find it hard to join in most of the time.
It’s a generally harsher discourse most times and honestly I find it hard to join into some of the conversations. Most are clearly private discussions among small closed groups that just happen to be carried on over a public medium.

I'm a Cubbies fan...I'm sure you couldn't tell from my Icon/status/signature/whatever it's called. :lmao:
I did notice that right off.
Cubs/Dolphins is an uncommon pairing.

I know why I continually let the Phins damage my sole, but what drew you in.

Well, everyone on this continent at least. some of ya' have been up a while.
I am in the rare position of sharing your time zone . So that's it I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone in Tambu lounge in a couple of hours. Magic Kingdom fantasyland day today, hit every ride we Wanted, back at the hotel by 1:30 and now chilling in the lounge. Got to go pick up the car from Disney car care in a bit, and then off to the Boathouse for some dinner. Have a great evening chaps.

That we did mate, really enjoyed dinner with Norm and his wonderful family. As for the Mi6, watch the small curly haired one. She's like a fr1ggin Ninja once she kicks off. Great to meet you and the family mate, I'll try and catch you for another cheeky beer before you go.

Yes sir. Let me know when and I'm buying.

I read along over there but find it hard to join in most of the time.
It’s a generally harsher discourse most times and honestly I find it hard to join into some of the conversations. Most are clearly private discussions among small closed groups that just happen to be carried on over a public medium.
Hearing y'all talk about that makes me glad I've never had a fb nor do I want one. DW has one and some of the stuff she tells me that folks put on there is mind boggling to me.

I did notice that right off.
Cubs/Dolphins is an uncommon pairing.

I know why I continually let the Phins damage my sole, but what drew you in.

Well, that could be a mini-novel, but I'll try to give you the cliff notes version.

Central FL is home. Been a Dolphin fan as long as I can remember, but probably a year or two before the perfect season.
Cubs spring training facility used to be about 15 min from the house. Used to go over and watch them a lot. Became my team.
Since WGN was on cable (long before I got rid of cable), was able to watch them pretty much as much as I was able.

Way more to it than that, but I return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

Last edited:

T-storm. Pools closed. Hiding in hotel.

I'm going to go with Tambu Lounge. Grotto is terrifically themed, but way too small and crowded with all the seats in there. Plus, they let a bunch of kids in and it was really loud
Enjoy the nap and Tambu Lounge it is (I wish).............
Excellent! My DW and I will be splitting a Nautilus…
Go on ahead and order it up for us and I’ll be along after a while to pick it up and pay you back.
I got ya covered, first round on me (I wish) ..............
I am in the rare position of sharing your time zone . So that's it I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone in Tambu lounge in a couple of hours. Magic Kingdom fantasyland day today, hit every ride we Wanted, back at the hotel by 1:30 and now chilling in the lounge. Got to go pick up the car from Disney car care in a bit, and then off to the Boathouse for some dinner. Have a great evening chaps.
Boathouse has climbed up to one our favorite sit down restaurants. Would love to be goin with you (I wish) .........................
O good lord.

Now wha…
There seems to be a few of these spats all about the same thing....
Yea, as I just started going over their recently, I saw that and was like WT???? I just steered clear.

Ok Star Wars-y types. My antipathy to the series is well documented, so I watched the Kylo Ren one with my boy and I have have a question (safely puts Tin hat on). Why does Kylo Ren revere Darth Vader? Didn't Vader ultimately bring down the entire gig by chucking his gaffer over the fence down that massive lift shaft? Surely all that would have come out and Vader should be a complete Pariah in dark side terms as the ultimate traitor to the cause?

Ok Star Wars-y types. My antipathy to the series is well documented, so I watched the Kylo Ren one with my boy and I have have a question (safely puts Tin hat on). Why does Kylo Ren revere Darth Vader? Didn't Vader ultimately bring down the entire gig by chucking his gaffer over the fence down that massive lift shaft? Surely all that would have come out and Vader should be a complete Pariah in dark side terms as the ultimate traitor to the cause?
Because it's his grandfather and he revere's evil/the dark side.

Luke was Darth's son
Leia was Darth's daughter and Luke's sister
Han and Leia got together (married or not, do not know) and had Kylo, so Kylo is Darth's grandson.

Darth theoretically did bring down the whole thing when he threw the emporor into the shaft. They are/were Sith lords which are always supposed to be in pairs. I think I (and most) thought that was the end, but evidently there are OTHER sith lords and one recruited Kylo.

As to Vader being the ultimate traitor, I can't say nor can I say where this other Sith or dark side resurgence came from. One can presume there will be something in the next movie to explain it OR Disney is planning another .5 movie like Rogue one to fill in the gaps.

Luke was Darth's son
Han and Leia got together (married or not, do not know) and had Kylo, so Kylo is Darth's grandson.

Darth theoretically did bring down the whole thing when he threw the emporor into the shaft. They are/were Sith lords which are always supposed to be in pairs. I think I (and most) thought that was the end, but evidently there are OTHER sith lords and one recruited Kylo.

As to Vader being the ultimate traitor, I can't say nor can I say where this other Sith or dark side resurgence came from. One can presume there will be something in the next movie to explain it OR Disney is planning another .5 movie like Rogue one to fill in the gaps.
Yeah, maybe I'm just over thinking it. I just thought he would have steered clear of his vaguely suspicious family tree, and shunned all references to it. Everyday is a school day. Cheers buddy

Yeah, maybe I'm just over thinking it. I just thought he would have steered clear of his vaguely suspicious family tree, and shunned all references to it. Everyday is a school day. Cheers buddy

Hard to tell...he may have steered clear. He has the burnt helmet of Vader and is alone when "talking" to his grandfather, so it's possible his lineage is unknown to others. On the other hand, he may be of the mindset the horrible jedi were what ultimately ruined Vader and the emporor, so it could be he's wanting to pick up where they left off to destroy the jedi once and for all.

The funny thing to me is the star wars fanatics (I'm a fan, there is a difference) will debate this until they're blue in the face. I suppose nobody knows for sure...even the writers...until it's on the screen.

Well, that could be a mini-novel, but I'll try to give you the cliff notes version.

Central FL is home. Been a Dolphin fan as long as I can remember, but probably a year or two before the perfect season.
Cubs spring training facility used to be about 15 min from the house. Used to go over and watch them a lot. Became my team.
Since WGN was on cable (long before I got rid of cable), was able to watch them pretty much as much as I was able.

Way more to it than that, but I return you to your regularly scheduled forum.
Actually, that s'plains it pretty well.
I also discovered football as a young’en somewhere around the 1970 season and lived in south Fla at the time so it follows that I'd still be pulling for them (woeful & uneven as they may be) even though I've been in the Carolinas better then forty years now. Don’t really have a MLB team but I do enjoy getting to sit in on a good minor league game when the opportunity presents itself.

Great start to the weekend - Cubs blow 3-2 lead going into the 8th vs Cardinals and now trail 11-3 going into the 9th. Who the he double hockey sticks give up 9 runs in the 8th?

Luke was Darth's son

So, the prophecy was that Annikan would bring balance to the force? Since he killed the Emperor and himself with it and most all of the jedi, i figured the balance was that there was none left except Luke and Leia, with Leia not practicing and Luke being the last one. But, the story line can now continue ......

A waste of a day today. Driving around with pouring rain and accidents. Not a good time to be outside. On pace to blow away all time July record for rain.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Have a good weekend all, even the guys at DaWorld, jealous. In case Dan does not make it to call the day (at DaWorld) Rob has pretty much called it, so unless Dan has a better idea I say we hit Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and join the rest of the fellas.

Same to you. Now go grill something.

Even a better plan, sorry CJ his includes his DD so tops you just a bit

Blew my plan away. Funny, the kid is running around so much but a couple of days ago we spent the night watching the tube and had a good time just watching and talking.

I guess Dan is too busy budgie smuggling with Norm to call it this weekend. And I have no where to go but my couch tonight. But that's OK. I'll get to Trader Sam's one day...

You will get there. And no more talk of budgies, it might give them ideas.

And yes, there was a lot of time spent hoping HBO was showing a good movie in the hotel room. I did get to see an Iowa Cubs AAA baseball game one night.

I LOVE going to minor league games. It just smells better. Peanuts roasting and dogs on a real grill, nothing beats it. Enjoy watching guys who have a dream to make it to the show, make next to nothing and play for the love of the game.

I have my own opinions on the FB group lately, but mostly I'm thankful to still have this place. Let's keep it sane.

How dare you insult me like that. You are lower than a gutter snake and have the personality of a rock with moss on it. Other than that, I guess you are OK. Besides, your wife and kids seem nice.

Although I'm late to the party, good to be associated with y'all!!!

Back at you. Since you were late, you need to bring some beer.

Another fight. I seem to be missing these. Was it any good? Should we fight about that? Doubt it. That's one of the reasons I've stayed over here since the split.

Same old stuff.

Norm's family is good people (southern translation). Some people I know think my UK friend was under the employ of MI6, funny stories there. When we meet, I'll make sure I keep an eye on your Ninja.

O good lord.

Now wha…

No you don't.

Have a great evening chaps.

Imagine you are going to have a better evening than I will. Enjoy.

Moved to S. Florida in '72 (yes I am that old). Went to many Dolphin games when I was a kid and even had season tickets for a few years. When he who shall not be named bought them from the Robbies He began to gouge us and I had enough. Same thing happened with the Marlins (looks like we are going through another fire sale again). Still root for both but my heart isn't into it. The University of Florida Fighting Gators are another story. Just won 3 Nat. Championships in Baseball, Women's tennis and Track and Field.

They're like Florida t storms mike. Pretty regular, put your poncho on and it'll all be sunny in a few hours..... fair play to CJ though for trying to call it to order.

Thanks. Tried to deflect it with humor and when that didn't work, I couldn't keep from giving my opinion on the BS.

Great start to the weekend - Cubs blow 3-2 lead going into the 8th vs Cardinals and now trail 11-3 going into the 9th. Who the he double hockey sticks give up 9 runs in the 8th?

You could be a Marlins' fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter