DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning All,

Nice and sunny here now but it was pretty foggy out when I ran at 6 this morning. Should be a nice day for the rest of the day, too bad I'm in the office. Couple of weeks until a mini staycation in the province and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day all.

In the market for a new Cleaner, as our one has gone back to Poland. Let hope some of the Hawaiian Tropic models are looking for some part time work. It would be even better if it was one of the women.

Have you tried this? http://bikinimaidservice.net/

Morning, Gents! Man was I in a bad mood when I got home yesterday. Oh nothing bad happened at work, but I've been thinking about this job situation and what I was going to do. Don't worry, I won't continue to beat this dead horse too much longer. Sometimes, ok, most of the time my wife can be brutally honest and I just need to vent/complain/get it off my chest....so you guys are it. 😁 I'm just so fed up with this. I finally get a chance to get a good government job, but it'll be only when they need me....not an ideal situation. I read a bunch of bad reviews yesterday on indeed.com and glassdoor.com, and that got me thinking, and because of those reviews, I'm now leaning towards my current job because of the guaranteed hours. I can continue to look for work while I'm employed and leave when I find one. And since he already knows about my medical coding (when I applied to the job the first time, I sent him the wrong resume (oops), I won't be so honest about it when he brings it up. I'll just tell him it takes years to complete. Well, I talked to the wife yesterday after I got home, and after she noticed my bad mood, and said, "This isn't a job I want to work the rest of my life, but I feel like I'm going to get stuck." Hoping for a little sympathy, she responded with, "But IT'S A JOB!" You can guess how well that went over with me. I'm not stupid and will probably apply to it, but I did want SOME sympathy from the wife. It was a very quiet evening last night after that conversation. Best to keep my mouth shut than say anything. Oh well, today's another day. Have a good day, Gents!

Vent away, we're always here to listen.

And we don't have to live with you and put up with your "moods". ;)

With wearing mask being mandatory in many places, I was wondering how much would you spend on a mask? I thinking $5 USD/ $6.78 CAD is the most I would like to pay, how about you?

Happy Tuesday. Guess who took another sick day today?

Honestly, I think if we get 4 more points we are safe. So if we can draw against Burnley and win against Norwich, who we could effectively send down, I think we'll be OK. Villa can't score in a brothel right now, I think they have scored 2 since lockdown ended, and Bournemouth have got 1 point since we've all come back. This is what happens. They give us hope. And we all know, it's not the rejection that kills us, it's the hope.

Yes, Bournemouth looked dreadful against Man U. And, good analogy to Villa's scoring woes. You know, I'm going to get to say "I told you so". That's worse than hope and rejection.

I know, and I'm so confused I don't know what I'm going to do....but I do know this: It's ultimately my decision, for good or bad, it's my decision to make. I'm thinking that this is a good excuse for 2 beers tonight.

2 beers is good thinking. I won't lump you in a comparison to me, but something you may be struggling with is loyalty along the lines of "treat others as you want to be treated". You are being honest and expecting others to be honest. Sadly, there are many people who don't have that philosophy, and then many others who are just fake or hypocrites.

What if I had 9 before the weekend? Is 8 still good?

Beers or fingers? One is good. One is not.

If I were in your shoes, I would. Considering how long the current job has strung you along and not been more honorable than pond scum and given you never know if they'll keep stringing you along or just let you go, take something that while initially might be worse has potential for being much better vs take what's better now and has potential for being much worse. Also, with the post office, if you find a medical coding job that isn't full time either, they might be able to coexist.

This.

Personally I like the mountains and the bush.

This. And that makes doc 2 for 2.

In the market for a new Cleaner, as our one has gone back to Poland. Let hope some of the Hawaiian Tropic models are looking for some part time work. It would be even better if it was one of the women.

And I read a "new cleaner" as new hitman. Too much company talk 007. But, an Hawaiin tropics girl would work well for either position in any position.

With wearing mask being mandatory in many places, I was wondering how much would you spend on a mask? I thinking $5 USD/ $6.78 CAD is the most I would like to pay, how about you?

For the cloth ones that don't work of the medical masks (N95) that do? For our trip to WDW, I bought some skull neck gaiters 8 for $20 (?) and then cut them in half and 6 bandanas for less than that. DW likes the disposable masks better and bought some packages of that for the Disney trip.

Pretty much all of the mothership in Denmark are off for the next 3 weeks (they still run a factory style holiday system)
That's different. Huh.
In the market for a new Cleaner, as our one has gone back to Poland. Let hope some of the Hawaiian Tropic models are looking for some part time work.
:thumbsup2
It would be even better if it was one of the women.
:lmao:
Sometimes, ok, most of the time my wife can be brutally honest and I just need to vent/complain/get it off my chest....so you guys are it. 😁
That's what we're here for. ::yes::
I finally get a chance to get a good government job, but it'll be only when they need me....not an ideal situation. I read a bunch of bad reviews yesterday on indeed.com and glassdoor.com, and that got me thinking, and because of those reviews, I'm now leaning towards my current job because of the guaranteed hours. I can continue to look for work while I'm employed and leave when I find one. And since he already knows about my medical coding (when I applied to the job the first time, I sent him the wrong resume (oops), I won't be so honest about it when he brings it up. I'll just tell him it takes years to complete. Well, I talked to the wife yesterday after I got home, and after she noticed my bad mood, and said, "This isn't a job I want to work the rest of my life, but I feel like I'm going to get stuck." Hoping for a little sympathy, she responded with, "But IT'S A JOB!" You can guess how well that went over with me. I'm not stupid and will probably apply to it, but I did want SOME sympathy from the wife. It was a very quiet evening last night after that conversation. Best to keep my mouth shut than say anything.
Sounds like you've made your decision. And it's okay if you change your mind 2-12 times in between. It's not an easy one.
Sorry about no sympathy from DW. I get what that's like.
Yesterday was... brutal for me. It just got worse.
Yeah, I can be honest to a fault at times, and it has gotten me into trouble. Rest assured, I won't be making that mistake again. He does want me to apply for the position, even knowing he knows.
Then use your honesty to your advantage. Tell the boss that you've decided not to pursue the post office and concentrate on this job. He knows about the coding, so no need to bring that up.
it was pretty foggy out when I ran at 6 this morning.
:sad2: Don't know how you can do that. After a run, I want to rest for a while, then shower... then rest some more.
There ya go! I approve of this. (Can't afford it myself, both $$$ and DW might be... a bit... against it.)
And we don't have to live with you and put up with your "moods". ;)
:lmao:
When the hair salons opened, they required masks. They provided one for $2. At Costco, they gave them out for free. I didn't wear it since there's no requirement here, but I did take one for places it might be. (like... the hair salon)

Hey guys, I'm back from a long weekend visiting my brother's family and his newborn son in Ohio. We seem to have successfully pulled off a road trip while avoiding large crowds, wearing masks, and social distancing. So that was cool. It was great going out to see something different than the walls of my house.

Not going back to read what I missed, so I'm sure you have been busy solving all of the world's problems. Thanks for that.

I'm supposed to leave for Alaska 3 weeks from today, and I still have no idea if I'm going, or if it's a good idea.

I'm watching resort TV1, it looks like early morning magic but all over the park.....

I enjoy their streams but I'm not paying them.

Good to see the park.

Hey guys, I'm back from a long weekend visiting my brother's family and his newborn son in Ohio. We seem to have successfully pulled off a road trip while avoiding large crowds, wearing masks, and social distancing. So that was cool. It was great going out to see something different than the walls of my house.

Not going back to read what I missed, so I'm sure you have been busy solving all of the world's problems. Thanks for that.

I'm supposed to leave for Alaska 3 weeks from today, and I still have no idea if I'm going, or if it's a good idea.

Welcome back!

I enjoy their streams but I'm not paying them.

Good to see the park.
With ya, I never use tip jar. I'm sure they do fine off the clicks. Otherwise they wouldn't do it full time.
Hey guys, I'm back from a long weekend visiting my brother's family and his newborn son in Ohio.
Totally, totally missed you.

(He was gone?)

Congrats to the family on the new addition.

$5-$7 is about right for a good fitting mask. I paid around $10 a few years ago for a mask to wear in my shop when I'm doing woodworking, but it's a heavier duty mask.
N95 are around $3 each but they are disposable not washable so it adds up, and they suck to wear all day.

so I'm sure you have been busy solving all of the world's problems.
Yup, we decided the world needs more rum in their dole whips and extra sides of bacon

Afternoon gents. Hope all had a good 4th. Still fighting off this cellulitis and some residual numbness in the arm. Dr gave me a different antibiotic last Thursday and off course I had an allergic reaction of a rash. Now back on a third antibiotic to hopefully zap this thing, rash is getting better. Enough of that nonsense congrats and elated birthday wishes to Rob'd DD and nice job Darcy and PK on the decks. Nice to see people in the parks and interested in how it goes over the weekend and next week to help make final call on go / no go for first week August.

I have run out of any decent top 5's or Pick 'ems so will start thinking of something else - any ideas welcome. Stay safe out there guys!
$10-$15 for a good one - just got some that are more plastic than paper but very comfortable and breathable.

Congrats on the new family member and to getting back out into the world for a bi. Right there with ya.

I thought that was a secret...

Well, I wasn't posting about it on FB. Didn't want to deal with people casting judgment on us for leaving the state.

Totally, totally missed you.

(He was gone?)

How did I know that was coming?

Congrats to the family on the new addition.

Thanks! Every time he got fussy we handed him back to his parents. Nice to be able to do that.

Yup, we decided the world needs more rum in their dole whips and extra sides of bacon

That'll just about do it.

Congrats on the new family member and to getting back out into the world for a bi. Right there with ya.

I've never seen the kids so excited to drive across Ohio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!