DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Randall, this will have to do until you are better paid for all your efforts :cake::bday::cake:

Hey Gents! Another quick check in. All's well, except I found out that I didn't get the job I applied to here at work. I'm at least working until the end of June, but then? Who knows. I'll figure something out.

Sorry for the bad news but as I heard my son and the recruiter discussing lately, "No" just stands for New Opportunities.

:rotfl2: I knew where you were coming from but it looks nothing like my work environment. Most people younger than 50 won't get the reference because they have never seen the film. It would cause too many of them to be triggered and need to run to a safe crying space.

Cleaned out the office, which is further evidence that we are on lockdown indefinitely. I guess the University will feature all online classes? Hopefully, we can get some money selling those empty buildings. September seems a million years away at Ground Hog day speed.
This. If we don't have regular classes, we don't need dorms, buildings, cleaning staff etc. Pay someone to produce an online class once and then just rebroadcast it for the next 20 years. Major savings for all.

Hey guys. I went AWOL for a little while again.
I missed a bunch of pages that I may not get through. I hope you’re all doing well.

I’m on week three of furlough. Spoke to my supervisor Wednesday and there may be some work coming up in a few weeks. Assuming my employment lasts that long. Cuts are ongoing throughout June. Depends a lot on how the oil price goes.

I’ve just been keeping busy with odd jobs around the house and spending time with family. And trying not to spend too much money in the process.

You know one sad fact is that I now have plenty of time for drinking but at a time when I can least afford it. It hasn’t stopped my rum intake yet though.

Anyway, sorry for bringing down the mood. It’s just kind of where I am these days.

I went AWOL for a little while again.
Nice to see you again, though. :)
Spoke to my supervisor Wednesday and there may be some work coming up in a few weeks.
Good! Hope that works out.
Prices have been going up. Not to where they were, but a lot better than where they were.
You know one sad fact is that I now have plenty of time for drinking but at a time when I can least afford it. It hasn’t stopped my rum intake yet though.
Can you YouTube how to make moonshine?
Anyway, sorry for bringing down the mood. It’s just kind of where I am these days.
:hug: That's okay, Jeff. This is the place you can come to when you're happy, or when your sad.

Morning boys from a rainy Mother Country. My VP and I had a good long chat last night, and decided we had got so much done this week we are taking this afternoon off. And its midday here...

So. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the Tambu Lounge for a couple of cheeky Lapu Lapus has to take Madame Leota home. And let me tell ya, her doorless chamber certainly does creak.

A2E18587-9D78-4A6F-B6B4-4AA35F36ED82.jpeg
I applied for a job in there, but they sent me to their drive thru, Pho Cuu Kwik. Not sure why.

I missed a bunch of pages that I may not get through. I hope you’re all doing well.
Hey buddy, good to hear from you. Fingers crossed for you over here. Like Ponzie said, the price is ticking up a notch, once those planes get back going proper, hopefully it will work out.

Have a great day chaps.

I’m on week three of furlough. Spoke to my supervisor Wednesday and there may be some work coming up in a few weeks. Assuming my employment lasts that long. Cuts are ongoing throughout June. Depends a lot on how the oil price goes.

I’ve just been keeping busy with odd jobs around the house and spending time with family. And trying not to spend too much money in the process.

praying

Morning Gents,

beautiful morning here, maybe some thunder showers later today but it going to be a warm one again, pushing 90F later today.

Good to hear from you Jeff, hopefully you will get a call back soon. If you want some company drinking that rum you should drop into one of our Saturday night Zoom calls.

Enjoy the afternoon off Dan.

1. Caramel or Candy Apple?
  2. Bob at Dawa or Julie or Tune In Lounge?
  3. Fan or Hater of the bubble blowers?
  4. O'hana or Kona Breakfast?
  5. Buzz Lightyear or TSMM?
Caramel apple at Karmel Kuche all day (well not keto days :sad:)
Neither really, but since I've been to Dawa and met Bob, I guess Bob.
Hater. If I wanted to inhale bubbles while walking through the crowd, I could simply get the soap solution directly.
O'hana. Our first trip with the kids and the pictures still bring a smile to my face.
BLY all day every day. I like TSMM, but my hand/arm/shoulder are sore after that because you have to keep pulling the cord so fast. I like BLY in that you just squeeze and hold the trigger. Heck, I just love BLY. Only thing that could make BLY better is different color lasers so it would be a touch easier to figure out which dot is yours.

Last edited:
Last one in the Tambu Lounge for a couple of cheeky Lapu Lapus has to take Madame Leota home. And let me tell ya, her doorless chamber certainly does creak.
:lmao: :rotfl:
I applied for a job in there, but they sent me to their drive thru, Pho Cuu Kwik. Not sure why.
My condolences. But... any... erm… um... food... is good food.

It's another Friday of Groundhog Day. My oldest did get to return to work this week. Our flights were changed to a smaller plane, which puts more uncertainty on this Disney trip. Hopefully, we will be free to celebrate our freedom by Independence Day. Doesn't look promising though.

How many times have you told me you don't run in tennis as a strategy? ;)

I run enough to know I don't have a downgrade in energy. But, the max I've played is two matches in a day.

Good to see you. Sorry to hear about the continued furlough.

Randall, hope you had a great birthday!

1. Caramel or Candy Apple?
  2. Bob at Dawa or Julie or Tune In Lounge?
  3. Fan or Hater of the bubble blowers?
  4. O'hana or Kona Breakfast?
  5. Buzz Lightyear or TSMM?

1. Pass. I'll be at Aloha Isle.
2 No idea. I'll be at Aloha Isle.
3. Never thought about them enough to comment.
4. Kona, I guess. Breakfast is usually Pop Tarts in the room for us.
5. Love them both. I'll lean towards Buzz, because that's the one I generally crush the rest of my family on.

I'm hoping we're through the worst of it. Governments are opening back up now, so demand for oil should rise.

:rotfl2:

So all going well, it crossed my mind that it's T-7 months for me to meet some of you lovely chaps.

It creaks? :eek:
Have you seen all the dust? Just needs a bit of lubrication, methinks.
Better than if it croaks.
Very true. Unless you want to start kissin' frogs.
I run enough to know I don't have a downgrade in energy. But, the max I've played is two matches in a day.
Ah, I'm just tuggin' ya tonka buddy.
Enjoy the afternoon off Dan.
Cheers mate, a bit of Madden, a bit of shop disney surfing, now we wait for dinner to be delivered. Shame I'm off the beers for a month I really fancy one right now.

I’ve mentioned this before here and there. This restaurant exists. Finally took a picture

View attachment 499075
Would be curious to know the actual translation of the characters in the right corner. I s'pect it's either an inside joke about the "English" name or a direct insult to those that can't read it.

Morning folks.

And... it's too flippin' early.
Exactly what I say every morning as I'm loging on to work at about that time (especially as I don't get paid extra for the time)

May that get corrected as soon as possible.
I had my salary cut over this mess but I didn't get cut off.
Dealing with that would require a good deal of cutting back to be sure.

So. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the Tambu Lounge for a couple of cheeky Lapu Lapus has to take Madame Leota home. And let me tell ya, her doorless chamber certainly does creak.
:laughing: Haven't see one of those in a while.
Nicely done.

Shame I'm off the beers for a month I really fancy one right now.
Now you've got me jonesing for a good brew.
I'm not supposed to have them very often either, but I may need to make an exception.

In your honor, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!