DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all,

Today is suppose to be the last day of our heat wave, pushing 100F again. Forecast shows things starting to cool off tomorrow and maybe even a little rain.

We now have 6 active cases linked to the doctor and contact tracing shows that he treated at least 150 people plus had contact with another 60 health-care workers.

Polls are showing that the Governor's political party approval rate is dropping, all the sudden we are now able to open up high school athletic practices and all state parks. Funny how all it takes is threat of losing the football season to make a public health crisis disappear. Bread and circuses...

It's a shame that people can't accept a bit of short-term pain for the betterment of everyone.

Afternoon Dads! Lots of WDW news over the last couple of days and sure there is more to come. I know they are getting lit up by some but so far what they are doing makes sense to me. They have to re-boot / start from scratch as their operations have completely changed.

MIL b-day is Sunday, 84, and we have arranged a car parade with a bunch of our friends and her neighbors. Hope all are safe and healthy and hope everyone has a good weekend.

WDW one or the other list for today.............
  1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  2. Dole Whip or Mickey Bar
  3. MK Main St USA or Worldshowcase
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
  5. Jock Lindseys or Nomad Lounge
For the record from yesterday's list
  1. 50's Prime Time or Brown Derby? -- 50's Just love the food, the retro theme, and the mom shtick
  2. BTMRR or SM (space mtn)? - BTMRR, SM is a classic but the 70's space theme could use some updating
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown? - Hard one for sure DawaCrown, can't pick one
  4. EE or RNRC? -EE
  5. HS or AK? -- If planning a full Park Day HS is better for a half day visit especially with rope drop AK

Chim chiminy chaps. Another beautiful day in the soon to be 52nd State.
A few conference calls, a bit of arcade work, dinner from the local Italian restaurant tonight, and then its the curly haired Ninjas birthday weekend, so a Zoom party on Saturday and she wanted Roast Turkey for dinner on Sunday.
Happy Birthday to your little princess! Hope she enjoys the Zoom party
Good morning all. It's posted out there, and we received an email, stating that all FP+s and ADRs are cancelled in favor of a new system not yet ready. So, I guess we are back to the Disney guessing game of if we can go there or not.
So far I got nothing from Disney and all our ADR's stille show on MDE. Tomorrow is 60 day mark so I am assuming they are communicating to folks in order of arrival dates
We now have 6 active cases linked to the doctor and contact tracing shows that he treated at least 150 people plus had contact with another 60 health-care workers.
What a knot head, especially for someone in the healthcare profession.

Afternoon Dads! Lots of WDW news over the last couple of days and sure there is more to come. I know they are getting lit up by some but so far what they are doing makes sense to me. They have to re-boot / start from scratch as their operations have completely changed.

MIL b-day is Sunday, 84, and we have arranged a car parade with a bunch of our friends and her neighbors. Hope all are safe and healthy and hope everyone has a good weekend.

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk

I agree with you about Disney; in order to open under the new guidelines they would need to reset everything.

Happy birthday to your MIL. Will we have another video of you singing to her while dancing?

The doctor has now been suspended and still under investigation by the police.

And now, my choices:
  1. POC
  2. Dole Whip
  3. Main St USA
  4. Poly
  5. Jock Lindseys

1. POC or Jungle Cruise? POC
  2. Dole Whip or Mickey Bar I have two hands dont't I
  3. MK Main St USA or Worldshowcase MK Main ST USA
  4. Poly or Boardwalk Poly
  5. Jock Lindseys or Nomad Lounge Yes please 1st rounds on me!

G'Afternoon all...
Late checking in. The computer on my desk at the office locked up forcing me to actually have to go in and correct it. C'est la vie...

Of course I didn't stay any longer then necessary.
So long as they're willing to let me work form home, I'm a doin' it.

Watching another good war movie... it's called Casablanca! 🎥
Now that one is easier to access.
And one of my favorite films, to be honest
(which is high praise for what is basically a romance film)

Miserable summer for the DCI. I can't imagine that they will let the competitions continue and there was a competion in Cincinnati this summer that is close enough to get to.
Considering the close quarters that the Corps have to maintain throughout the season there was really no good option. hundreds of kids and staff crammed together in buses and gymnasiums all spring and summer would have been a recipe for disaster. Will miss seeing the shows this year, but at least they are going to allow the Age-Outs another year of eligibility (but that fact will make auditions more brutal next year and there will be more talent working for a limited number of openings).

its the curly haired Ninjas birthday weekend, so a Zoom party on Saturday and she wanted Roast Turkey for dinner on Sunday.
It not every young'en that demands turkey for their B/D.
A happy Turn of the year to her.

Yeah, I know my place. Keep away from the High falutin' talk and stick with the jiggly jokes. ;)
Hardly...
I'd rather hear from both sides of you.
(but you do have a knack for keeping us laughing)

Sorry mate, that was a bit techy. A0 is draughtsman's plan size in old money, so you get to see proper detail in how the air con, cable, tray, beams and pillars etc stack up against each other and how they run around the stores and behind all the fixtures and it allows you to see how many metres of cable, how many sockets etc. Red penning is er, using a red pen to note this. A4 paper doesn't really cut it as the scale is way too small to make a proper judgement or get enough detail, which kind of makes the whole job a bit pointless. A bit like you tracking all those planes up there on an iPhone.
I actually understood all that.
Went to school to become a draftsman (back before it was done on computers). Never missed a drawing class, but I wasn't as fond of the maths. Never graduated and oddly ended up working with the computers that ultimately made the pen-n-ink work unappreciated.

Now I just need a cool racing name.
I like it! 😆 The Cape Cod Hot Rod! That's me. Now I just need to put some racing stripes on the forklift and I'll be all set. Flames? Maybe flames.
There ya' go.
Better then going with something like Crash (just sets a bad level of expectation).

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
1 Got'a have my dose of bad jokes.
2 The one without the wooden stick mucking up the process.
3 It's all about the booze and nibbles.
4 Well... one of them includes Trader Sam's, so...
5 Absolutly! Now bring us another round, would you...

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk

Some other tough calls...
POC
Dole whip
Main St if I want ambiance. World Showcase if I want snacks/food...main st is woefully lacking in this regard.
Poly for theming, boardwalk for ambiance/entertainment
Haven't been to Jock's, so Nomad.

Considering the close quarters that the Corps have to maintain throughout the season there was really no good option. hundreds of kids and staff crammed together in buses and gymnasiums all spring and summer would have been a recipe for disaster. Will miss seeing the shows this year, but at least they are going to allow the Age-Outs another year of eligibility (but that fact will make auditions more brutal next year and there will be more talent working for a limited number of openings).
That is going to be the issue for college sports as well if they let all the spring sport players have another year of eligibility. Given the lack of jobs I can see a lot of students delaying graduation for another year hoping things change.

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
For the record from yesterday's list
  1. 50's Prime Time or Brown Derby? -- 50's Just love the food, the retro theme, and the mom shtick
  2. BTMRR or SM (space mtn)? - BTMRR, SM is a classic but the 70's space theme could use some updating
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown? - Hard one for sure DawaCrown, can't pick one
  4. EE or RNRC? -EE
  5. HS or AK? -- If planning a full Park Day HS is better for a half day visit especially with rope drop AK

So far I got nothing from Disney and all our ADR's stille show on MDE. Tomorrow is 60 day mark so I am assuming they are communicating to folks in order of arrival dates

Happy B'Day to your MIL!

G'Afternoon all...
Late checking in. The computer on my desk at the office locked up forcing me to actually have to go in and correct it. C'est la vie...

Of course I didn't stay any longer then necessary.
So long as they're willing to let me work form home, I'm a doin' it.

Better make this a regular occurrence or they'll expect you to be there every day

There ya' go.
Better then going with something like Crash (just sets a bad level of expectation).

Right?! Then everyone would be expecting a crash at some point. Better to be safe.

1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk

DW spent the time on hold this AM to check on Wild Africa Trek reservation. The CM didn't know, and said maybe by Monday. That reservation is in a different system. For some good news, OKW waitlist came thru for October trip, so I saved 30 points. You are still too weeks after me though, right? As they continue to ease off the restrictions, more should return to normal.

POTC
Dole Whip
World Showcase
Boardwalk - my home resort
Nomad

That is going to be the issue for college sports as well if they let all the spring sport players have another year of eligibility. Given the lack of jobs I can see a lot of students delaying graduation for another year hoping things change.

I get to waid into that unemployment pool in 3 months. I'm sure there's a big job market for fat old guys.

Watching another good war movie... it's called Casablanca! 🎥
Nice. :thumbsup2
1. Never been to 50's PT so Brown Derby by default
2. Never been on SM so BTMRR
3 Never been to either
4 Never been on either
5. Animal Kingdom
I'm thinking we need to get you to WDW soon.
Not a Bogart fan though African Queen is watchable.
A great movie. ::yes::
Chim chiminy chaps.
Chim chim cher-oo!
its the curly haired Ninjas birthday weekend
Happy birthday to her!
I don't think she uses FP, it's more of a boarding group.
:lmao:
Sorry mate, that was a bit techy. A0 is draughtsman's plan size in old money, so you get to see proper detail in how the air con, cable, tray, beams and pillars etc stack up against each other and how they run around the stores and behind all the fixtures and it allows you to see how many metres of cable, how many sockets etc. Red penning is er, using a red pen to note this. A4 paper doesn't really cut it as the scale is way too small to make a proper judgement or get enough detail, which kind of makes the whole job a bit pointless. A bit like you tracking all those planes up there on an iPhone.
Ooohhh… okay.
I guess we have at least an A0 printer here as the maps on the walls are at least that size.
I pushed, pulled and lifted my way though the day.
With your legs...
I had a good day over all, though at 50 I can't be doing this for much longer before my body says enough.
Oh, how I hear that.
I was moving pieces that are worth about $500k a piece, and I moved 2 of them. To say I was nervous was an understatement.
Meh. So one tips over and breaks. What's the worst that could happen?

:rolleyes1
Now I just need a cool racing name.
Cape Cod Steamer came to mind. But Hot Rod is good too.
I need to move to Africa and insist people call me an American African. :lmao:
:laughing:
we received an email, stating that all FP+s and ADRs are cancelled in favor of a new system not yet ready.
I'd be okay with that if it's going back to paper FPs.
Today is suppose to be the last day of our heat wave, pushing 100F again.
Yikes. Fried any eggs on the sidewalk yet?
:sad2:
Just... unbelievable.
  1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
  1. POC or Jungle Cruise? - Tough one, but... Jungle Cruise... because you can get different experiences on it each time.
  2. Dole Whip or Mickey Bar - Easy. Dole.
  3. MK Main St USA or Worldshowcase - Now that is tough. But while I love Main St at MK... more to do and see at WS.
  4. Poly or Boardwalk - No opinion, really. But I guess Poly since it's on the monorail and I think I'd like the theming more.
  5. Jock Lindseys or Nomad Lounge - Super tough one! I think... Nomad.
The doctor has now been suspended and still under investigation by the police.
Good.
I'd rather hear from both sides of you.
So you want to hear from his front side and his backside???

Morning Chaps from another beautiful day in London.

On a positive note, since I lost 20lbs that journey is a lot shorter.
Happy birthday to her!
She says thanks!
Chim chim cher-oo!
We are those Bar Sturds in Claret and Blue (That's a West Ham chant)
We also sing our club song to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang if we are really drunk
here's a link to what its like at half time at our old ground. The challenge was you had to sing all half time and also get through 3 beers. Half time is 15 minutes.

I just watched that and it brought back a ton of memories of the old place. Happy times.

For the curly haired Ninja,
That made a little girl smile Chief. Thanks very much
It not every young'en that demands turkey for their B/D.
A happy Turn of the year to her.
Cheers, Rob. We generally have Turkey on Easter & Xmas, so its nice to see she pitches her birthday up with the birth of Christ, and the Resurrection. We like our kids with a dollop of Self Confidence.
  1. POC or Jungle Cruise?
  4. Poly or Boardwalk
POC is more consistent, but when you get a good CM on JC, its tough to beat.
Don't like Mickey Bars. Prefer the Ice Cream Sandwich, so Dole Whip all the way.
World Showcase. You know. Booze.
Poly. I own a couple of pieces of gravel there. For 48 years, and then I have to give it back.
Very different vibes, so that's tough. Nomad, for the nibbles.
Cheers Mikey. This is going to be the easiest post party clean up EVER.

Have a great day fellas. May your Beer Mug be Full, Frosty and Frothy.

Last edited:
Morning All.

Overcast here today but cooler than the last few days. Possibility of some showers later, which will be a big help in dealing with some of the forest fires that have been burning this week.

Not much on tap today, hope to be able to see the launch later.

Have a good one all.

We also sing our club song to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang if we are really drunk
here's a link to what its like at half time at our old ground. The challenge was you had to sing all half time and also get through 3 beers. Half time is 15 minutes.

I just watched that and it brought back a ton of memories of the old place. Happy times.

So my take away from that video is that a West Ham match seems to be a bit of a sausage fest. ;)

Wish happy birthday to the curly haired ninja for me Dan.

'Morning all...
Yeah for a day off form work.
Now I can get busy working.

I get to waid into that unemployment pool in 3 months. I'm sure there's a big job market for fat old guys.
I've been searching through the same market 'round this way.
The size of it is generally measured in microns.

A simplistic explanation, but it works as an allusion, so we can go with it.

We generally have Turkey on Easter & Xmas, so its nice to see she pitches her birthday up with the birth of Christ, and the Resurrection. We like our kids with a dollop of Self Confidence.
And may she keep that confidence all her days.

My young'en requests Mac-n-Cheese as a replacement for B/D Cake - candles optional (and the version of that dish my Missus turns out if worth the price of admission to say the least). As such, I suspect he'd then be equating the passage of time with the search for comfort.

On a positive note, since I lost 20lbs that journey is a lot shorter.
Yet one I am still not willing to take.
:lmao:
Impressive. Makes a conversation a bit tough, though. Although I suppose the conversation would be "Want another beer?" "Yeah"... So that's implied anyways, so go ahead and sing for 15 minutes straight.
Not much on tap today, hope to be able to see the launch later.
Thanks for the reminder, although it looks like it's 50/50 due weather again.
So my take away from that video is that a West Ham match seems to be a bit of a sausage fest. ;)
:laughing:
Yeah for a day off form work.
Now I can get busy working.
Ah yes. I think we're all familiar with that concept.

Cooler and lower humidity in Appalachia today. Not much on the project list except building a foundation for our new mattress. They say we can't use our box spring for it.

You aren't old yet you whippersnapper and ifyou keep up with the keto and the tennis and you won't be fat either. In today's world you don't even have to be a guy either. You can self-identify however you want though I haven't had much success identifying as independently wealthy.

I'm thinking we need to get you to WDW soon.
I'll wait by my mailbox, but not if I have to adjust to a "new normal". I'm one of those stubborn independent types.... @ 22:46 Whole lotta places.

For those who like this sort of humor I can recommend caffeine zombie @ 13:00, when girls collide @27:20 and for her majesty's subjects, India @ 44:28.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter