DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! The Disney news was pretty good yesterday I guess though not sure how this park reservation system will work when you have FP and ADR already booked but we will see? Family isn't sure the trip scheduled for first week August is gonna be worth it with the restrictions, park reservations, masks in the August heat, etc so just gonna see how things unfold as we have still have time to make final decision. Stay safe and healthy gents.

Today's WDW top list............... a bit of change up as I'm running low on new stuff........
  1. 50's Prime Time or Brown Derby?
  2. BTMRR or SM (space mtn)?
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown?
  4. EE or RNRC?
  5. HS or AK?

TOP 5 Reasons Why Mike should DEFINITELY go the first week of August:

1. Scott will be there
2. Scott will buy him a drink at the Bellvue
3. There's a good chance Scott would drink a beer at the Rose and Crown with Mike.
4. The Knob Creek Select tastes better when Scott drinks it with ya.
5. Randall might be there. ;-)

OK - now for the real list for today:

1. After our last experience - Brown Derby takes this one. Amazing Cobb Salad/Filet Sliders
2. Space Mountain (Truly unique to Disney - BTMRR reminds me of one of the coasters at Cedar Point)
3. Damn - this one is tough - gotta go with Rose and Crown....too many good choices at Rose and Crown!
4. Expedition Everest - backwards on a rollercoaster - over the top!
5. Even with Star Wars at HS- I really appreciate everything that is Animal Kingdom.....I never thought I'd say that.

Are you actually glad to be doing some actual work? I suspect you would be.
Sort of. I'm trying (and I use that word cautiously) to pick apart plans and start to scope out where the junctions of work are between the main contractor, the AV guys, the innovation guys, the 3D model guys and bring some clarity, and start to build an install plan, and make sure nothing gets missed. I usually love this part of my job, as it's trawling through schematic and drawings and getting my nails dirty in the detail. But. I'm on a laptop and only have access to an A4 printer when, I'm used to red penning on at least A2, and preferably A0. Even A3 would be doable. I can't send the files out as they are confidential, so I'm kinda doing the same sort of job as Homer Simpson did on his foundation repair. I've just asked my boss if I can buy an A3 printer and charge it the firm.

Was it though, or was it just dum dums with Go Pros for their YouTube channels? This has made me laugh about these things. I totally get the walkthroughs and new rides, but "World of Disney is open after a few weeks of being shut" is something people want to watch? Perspex screens and Face masks?

So if you're booked in W/c Jun 22 or Jul 4, can you get the same refund policy as now? As much as I really love the resorts, I'm not sure I'd be happy to drop all that coin on just staying on Property with no Parks.
I think the crowds were tied to the Disney Merchandise resellers as they cleared out some of the exclusive stuff that had just been released prior to parks opening.

Agree on the resort reservations, should be able to cancel under the refund policy and get your points back. Some may just want to get away though for the resort experience especially if they are using points that cannot be rolled.
  1. 50's Prime Time or Brown Derby? 50 Prime Time, never been to Brown Derby, wasn't invited...
  2. BTMRR or SM (space mtn)? BTMRR
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown? Dawa, Duh!
  4. EE or RNRC? EE
  5. HS or AK? 1/2 day each...
Now what scruffy looking nerfherders would not invite you Chief? :rolleyes1
TOP 5 Reasons Why Mike should DEFINITELY go the first week of August:

1. Scott will be there
2. Scott will buy him a drink at the Bellvue
3. There's a good chance Scott would drink a beer at the Rose and Crown with Mike.
4. The Knob Creek Select tastes better when Scott drinks it with ya.
5. Randall might be there. ;-)

OK - now for the real list for today:

1. After our last experience - Brown Derby takes this one. Amazing Cobb Salad/Filet Sliders
2. Space Mountain (Truly unique to Disney - BTMRR reminds me of one of the coasters at Cedar Point)
3. Damn - this one is tough - gotta go with Rose and Crown....too many good choices at Rose and Crown!
4. Expedition Everest - backwards on a rollercoaster - over the top!
5. Even with Star Wars at HS- I really appreciate everything that is Animal Kingdom.....I never thought I'd say that.
Regarding August trip I'm just gonna wait to see how things play out at the resorts when they open and how this park reservation thing is gonna work. DW & DS thinking could change but we'll see.

My FP window opens Saturday but checked today and the system is not up so hopefully that's working on Saturday.

Sort of. I'm trying (and I use that word cautiously) to pick apart plans and start to scope out where the junctions of work are between the main contractor, the AV guys, the innovation guys, the 3D model guys and bring some clarity, and start to build an install plan, and make sure nothing gets missed. I usually love this part of my job, as it's trawling through schematic and drawings and getting my nails dirty in the detail. But. I'm on a laptop and only have access to an A4 printer when, I'm used to red penning on at least A2, and preferably A0. Even A3 would be doable. I can't send the files out as they are confidential, so I'm kinda doing the same sort of job as Homer Simpson did on his foundation repair. I've just asked my boss if I can buy an A3 printer and charge it the firm.

Do you guys create store mock-ups made of Lego?

Agree on the resort reservations, should be able to cancel under the refund policy and get your points back. Some may just want to get away though for the resort experience especially if they are using points that cannot be rolled.
Yeah, I think you're right there Mikey, a lot of people are now getting into use it or lose it territory.

Today's WDW top list............... a bit of change up as I'm running low on new stuff........
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown?
  4. EE or RNRC?
  5. HS or AK?

1. 50's Prime Time
2. BTMRR
3. Never tried either. So...pass.
4. Why must you make me choose? I think EE wins on theming.
5. Why must you make me choose? Again, AK barely. DHS has really improved lately.

Ironically, it would cost too much money. The 3D team are a fortune, they charge even more than I do.

To be fair, 2D Lego is kind of boring.

Watch lights fade from every room...:teacher:

we all must be of about the same vintage.
Yeah, I'm that old too.
Good tune (with or without the recitation)
But given a choice, I'd rather hear them perform "I'm Just a Singer"...
Stronger piece musically.

Better that than termites...
Everything is better than termites.

Except maybe for the Spanish Inquisition.

I did a paper on this in College, about this and De Toqueville.
Ooo get me, quoting 19th Century French Philosophers.
De Toqueville makes for some interesting reading.
A lot of his observations cut right to the quick.

Got to play around on the forklift again yesterday,
You should be about ready to start racing those babies professionally.

Read about that. I guess the rules only apply to the common folk.
That's one one of the requirements for something to be called a rule.

3. Dawa or Rose & Crown?
  4. EE or RNRC?
  5. HS or AK?
1. 50s
2 BTMRR (it's just more fun)
3. Yes Please...
4. EE (but I'll be riding both, so...)
5. That question can't be answered.

Reopening in July, say's the Mouse.
Hummm...

I'll have to see how that goes. We are among the folks that had a trip planned which got snuffed out by the shutdown.
2 rooms at ASMv and 6 day ParkHoppers - in late April...

Gone like a fart in the wind.

The up side is that they offered a deal for folks that would delay and rebook, so we got up graded to Pop with the 6-days and Free Dinning. In late September. That should give us time to see just how the Reservation thing works and whether or not they can keep enough reign over the guests and applied restrictions to actually pull it off. Then we'll decide if we want to go or delay again.

De Toqueville makes for some interesting reading.
A lot of his observations cut right to the quick.
That they do sir. Particularly when you pitch it against Doc's very fair assertion that many in your fine country self identify with their historical ethnicity before their place of birth. In a society that is totally focused on assimilation as a societal strategy, that's a little bit interesting. For some of us.

(runs to the funbags joke book) What do a push up bra and a bag of chips have in common? When you get your hands in them, they're both half empty.

Last edited:
That they do sir. Particularly when you pitch it against Doc's very fair assertion that many in your fine country self identify with their historical ethnicity before their place of birth. In a society that is totally focused on assimilation as a societal strategy, that's a little bit interesting. For some of us.
Part of the problem is that while we generally want folks to assimilate, we don't apply that evenly. There's a fair percentage over here that want assimilation from some, capitulation from others and eradication of still more. Equality of expectation might be a useful commodity (remembering that no one is superior would be better).

(runs to the funbags joke book) What do a push up bra and a bag of chips have in common? When you get your hands in them, they're both half empty.
Now there's the Dan that we all know and love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!