DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. I'm in a DVC mood today, so we're heading over to the Gurgling Suitcase in Old Key West for Slappy Joes. Last one standing gets to take Cinderella home. And, let me tell ya, she's a much better lay than Rob's pathway.

Have a good weekend Chaps.

:lmao: :drinking1:lmao:
My rum of choice is Captain Morgan Spiced. But I do have a flask of Honey Screech in the cupboard that is not bad, so perhaps I'll have one just for you. Regular Screech is a bit on the harsh side for my taste (hence the name).

Speaking of Screech, did you see the Toronto Maple Leafs getting screeched in here last week? They've lost all their pre-season games so far, so I don't think the Screech helped them.
They may of had too much Screech :drinking1

Last edited:
Top O the Mornin Dads! I don;t know what's worse, watching the Cubs crash and burn down the stretch for a second year in a row or having to watch Mitch Trubisky and the Bears offense on Monday Night football. Head out to Vegas Sunday for a convention to look at what's new in distribution packaging and warehouse automation, etc. so gonna be out there for 4 nights. DS is home for today and tomorrow so looking forward to hanging with him a bit. Ribs with my sauce are the grill menu this weekend. Have a great weekend boys!

Not been on here for a bit, so some catching up to do...

I've been getting them for years so not all to do with getting old but to make your picture better, I was on all fours. Oh and what are pajamas?
Bleach!!! Where is the mental bleach?

It’s not often I’m speechless.... oh my Lordy.
We know that.
:duck:

Flying out on the red-eye through Toronto on Thursday night/Friday morning. On the ground in Orlando ~ 11am ET. Very much looking forward to the trip. Work has been very busy leading up to this (and its not relenting in the next 2-3 days) so this will be a very welcome break.

I think the kids' excitement is now at par or exceeding mine.
Hope you have a blast and the kids getting excited is a GREAT thing.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or bourbon. You mail 830 portions to me and I mail to all the guys. Trust me, it's a fool proof plan.
You definitely do, but I’m still jealous my guy. Also that’s cool about the DISdads Club convention maybe if we keep having those I can pop in one year.
We have them each year. Around marathon weekend.

Last year was the first I attended and am going again this year which will be the 8th year in a row.
Last year was the first time I went as well and I had a great time. I am hoping that I can get there again, great bunch of guys to hang out with.
Same here and definitely agree with Mike and Darcy. Great group of guys and a fun time.

No doubt it will get bumped. But if it doesn't, our company policy is that I get to pick the hotel...:cool1:
That would be cool. Dolphin? Swan? Boardwalk? Poly? BLT? What would be your choice?

The Dean's List goes to the top 10% (based on grades) of students in the Faculty of Science.
Congrats to your daughter Jeff!

Thanks guys. She works pretty hard, but it's paying off. If she does stick with it and tries to get into Med school down the road, she'll need the good marks.
So, trying to save on medical by having your own doctor, eh?

I may need you to bring me tissues after another beat down for a third week. Glad the only Jersey I have left is a Marino throwback. But there is always next year.
I need tissues just about every year. They haven't done much since Marino and Shula left. Interesting...I have a Marino jersey also!

Looks like the car gremlin struck me again, pretty sure my alternator is gone and needs to be replaced. This summer has been crazy.
Ouch. At least it's not too costly or difficult.

Me and Darcy were only talking about Marino jerseys on Sunday night, weirdly enough......
Wow, that's bizarre...do we all have Marion jerseys? ;)

Just back from seeing my Oncologist, treatments seem to be working, I'm in remission. I get a break for 6 months and get rechecked in March or April. Cheers gentlemen I'm having a great day. :drinking1 :drinking1 :banana:
I already told you privately, but FANTASTIC!!! Been praying for you.

Got a little good news TopGolf broke ground just outside of Orlando not long ago in a town called Lake Mary, I know the guy who is going to be over the Maintenance Department there. So there’s a chance I could get promoted into a high position there and move by the mouse!
Very cool. We live not far from Lake Mary. Are they needing any IT folks or anything else for that matter?

She was all for it til SWGE opened. Then she was all doom and gloom. Of course now that it’s close she is changing her tune.
I'm so glad I was able to catch SWGE during the AP preview. The lines after it opened to the general public were (at least initially) insane.

Well my Cubs are just gonna make the next 10 or so days a living He** with the race for a playoff spot.
Yeah, the last three years have been rough...they look like they're going to do well, but then fall apart at the most inopportune times.

Happy Wednesday. May have turned the corner on this keto thing. I'm eating less food, not as hungry, and sleeping thru the night. Let's hope this trend continues.
Great news! I was surprised it took you as long, but maybe it just took a bit longer for your body to detox.

Jerseys only? I thought you only went no pants with me
Isn't that redundant? Jerseys only = no pants, no?

Travel report. Santa Fe is a lovely town. Flying into Santa Fe is another story. Got to come in on a Embraer RJ 145. It’s so old in was like the Apollo 13 reentry. And no FastPass required!

Got a picture of the baggage claim 😂😂
So, you were talking about the age of the plane, but obviously the baggage claim is same vintage?

Got an update on my uncle a couple of days ago. He is still in the hospital and has to wear a back brace but they do get him out of bed and get him to work his way around around the ward in a wheelchair. He has a long road ahead of him but at least he's still moving forward.
Good news. Been praying. Glad he's improving.

Happy Birthday Darcy!
I'm late (story of my life). Happy belated birthday Darcy.

Worked thru a lot of stupid today.
I work through a lot of stupid every day.

Walkway project done, stairs to do on Saturday Happy
Looks good. I'll make sure I have a project ready for you in January. :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! I don;t know what's worse, watching the Cubs crash and burn down the stretch for a second year in a row or having to watch Mitch Trubisky and the Bears offense on Monday Night football.
Since I'm not a Bears fan, it is mostly definitely the former for me. Very painful.

Happy that Friday is here. The good news is that I get the rest the day off. I'm home to watch SouthHampton vs Bournemouth match and drink Makers 46.

Sadly, I got my annual government birthday spankings today by paying the car taxes. And, DW axed the 20th anniversary trip to WDW since our youngest would be 16 and would be without us 4 days while in school. :mad:

I know it felt so awkward to type and say multiple times today. But it’s the only thing that clears my Disney blues

Planning the next vacation usually helps me. Or drinking alcohol.

No drinking for me last night (Thursday) but Friday night all bets are off and the rum bottle will be out. TGIF!

I've had many bourbons, but rum only as a mixer. Any good ones out there to drink straight or with ice?

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. I'm in a DVC mood today, so we're heading over to the Gurgling Suitcase in Old Key West for Slappy Joes. Last one standing gets to take Cinderella home. And, let me tell ya, she's a much better lay than Rob's pathway.

Have a good weekend Chaps.

And you know as you've experienced both? Keep those photos to yourself, 007.

Top O the Mornin Dads! I don;t know what's worse, watching the Cubs crash and burn down the stretch for a second year in a row or having to watch Mitch Trubisky and the Bears offense on Monday Night football. Head out to Vegas Sunday for a convention to look at what's new in distribution packaging and warehouse automation, etc. so gonna be out there for 4 nights. DS is home for today and tomorrow so looking forward to hanging with him a bit. Ribs with my sauce are the grill menu this weekend. Have a great weekend boys!

Ribs sound good. Have a great weekend.

Great news! I was surprised it took you as long, but maybe it just took a bit longer for your body to detox.

And my pee smelled bad Tuesday, but is back to normal today. I seem to be following the keto manual. I had done this diet before DW and I got married. She said it was unhealthy, and I stopped. So, it's 19 years of detoxing.

Planning the next vacation usually helps me. Or drinking alcohol.

Yeah that'll help for sure, but we haven't settled 100% on a time yet.

Very cool. We live not far from Lake Mary. Are they needing any IT folks or anything else for that matter?

They usually do hire an IT person, but most of it is done remotely so the IT person on site is usually inexperienced and underpaid. They will employ around 300-400 people 15-20 of who will be Maintenance Staff. Then all types of entry level management jobs, a Chef, then of course tons and tons of customer service style jobs.

Got the bags packed and the car loaded. Now to catch a quick nap before we head down to DC and catch a 6 am flight.
I need tissues just about every year. They haven't done much since Marino and Shula left. Interesting...I have a Marino jersey also!

Long time ago I had a Bryan Cox one......I was walking through the local mall and this girl yells “I love Cox”. Needless to say she turned every guys head in the vicinity.

Been away a bit and not going back to check but anyone heard from Rob lately?

And, DW axed the 20th anniversary trip to WDW since our youngest would be 16 and would be without us 4 days while in school. :mad:

I'll trade you. We've got our 25th coming up next May and SWMBO wants to go to Disney. :headache: I would to except next year is horrible...May to August is my busy time for field research, we host over 2000 people through the station in September as part of our College Field Day and I am the key part of the program, if all goes well we will have a trip to TX for DS graduation from Air Force Basic Training so there is that whole $$$ thing. One option would be to go in late April and DS and DD can stay home since he will have his license but she doesn't want to do that. The second option would be later in the year but school starts up in August and DD would be home alone with no way to get to school. And there is the whole $$$ with either of those options as well.

Have a glass or two of the brownest of the brown liquors for me as well.

Got the bags packed and the car loaded. Now to catch a quick nap before we head down to DC and catch a 6 am flight.

Long time ago I had a Bryan Cox one......I was walking through the local mall and this girl yells “I love Cox”. Needless to say she turned every guys head in the vicinity.
It’s a blessing Mike Hunt never played for the Dolphins.... have a great trip

Sadly, I got my annual government birthday spankings today by paying the car taxes. And, DW axed the 20th anniversary trip to WDW since our youngest would be 16 and would be without us 4 days while in school. :mad:
That stinks. I'm here for you Norm...I'll do your 10 day boardwalk for ya to ease the pain.

Seriously....sorry, that sucks!

She said it was unhealthy, and I stopped. So, it's 19 years of detoxing.
Sadly, so many doctors don't have a clue. They receive almost no nutrition training in med school and they're often just regurgitating what they've heard someone else say. I did a LOT of research before I started keto and have continued doing more. I think I mentioned "The magic pill" on netflix before. If you trace back most of the major health problems in the US --- obesity, diabetes, heart disease, it all started becoming a widespread problem in the 50s shortly after the BOGUS study saying heart disease is linked to consumption of animal fat. Turns out keto actually LOWERS bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol, but most doctors still say animal fat bad. Even had my nurse practitioner try to tell me coconut oil is bad for you. One of the best oils out there right after olive oil.

They usually do hire an IT person, but most of it is done remotely so the IT person on site is usually inexperienced and underpaid. They will employ around 300-400 people 15-20 of who will be Maintenance Staff. Then all types of entry level management jobs, a Chef, then of course tons and tons of customer service style jobs.
Hmmm...I might be convinced to be a maintenance person or entry level management....I can work my way up, right?

When I was stationed at Homestead AFB eons ago, our base command staff had daily meetings and they always called role call and they were done in alphabetical order. We had a Colonel Ball and a Colonel Cox. Many a snicker (quietly so as not to get in trouble) came from stand up meetings. (and yes, pun intended)

Hmmm...I might be convinced to be a maintenance person or entry level management....I can work my way up, right?

Absolutely! If you want to do it in maintenance you’ll need to be on the look out for the job here in the coming months. I’d say maybe 2 or 3. You’ll start off on the construction site installing all of the TG game equipment, really not much hard work. At the end of that process they will pick shift leads and you’ll get a raise if selected. Then after 9-12 months you can move into a salaried position. That’s the route I’m on right now.

As for the direct entry level management I’m not 100% sure of their process but I know they’re called “Hospitality Managers” so keep an eye out for them as well.

Edit to add it’s not just a young guys game. We have 2 leads in Baton Rouge that are over 40. With their experience one has moved on already, to Orlando actually, the other is in holding for an opening on the build team. So don’t get discouraged by that part of it.

@declansdad This one is for you Darcy. Happy Friday all.

I've had many bourbons, but rum only as a mixer. Any good ones out there to drink straight or with ice?
As you can see from the above picture, I mix my rum too. I never got into drinking straight, which is probably why I don’t drink scotch. Even I know it’s a crime to mix scotch.
As for straight rum, one I think might be good is English Harbour, which is a rum that’s almost a whiskey.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'll trade you. We've got our 25th coming up next May and SWMBO wants to go to Disney. :headache: I would to except next year is horrible...May to August is my busy time for field research, we host over 2000 people through the station in September as part of our College Field Day and I am the key part of the program, if all goes well we will have a trip to TX for DS graduation from Air Force Basic Training so there is that whole $$$ thing. One option would be to go in late April and DS and DD can stay home since he will have his license but she doesn't want to do that. The second option would be later in the year but school starts up in August and DD would be home alone with no way to get to school. And there is the whole $$$ with either of those options as well.

Have a glass or two of the brownest of the brown liquors for me as well.

Haven't heard from Rob.

To clarify the trade offer, I get to go to WDW with your wife and you stay in KY with mine? Hmmm.....

It’s a blessing Mike Hunt never played for the Dolphins.... have a great trip

Or Issac Hunt.

That stinks. I'm here for you Norm...I'll do your 10 day boardwalk for ya to ease the pain.

Seriously....sorry, that sucks!

Sadly, so many doctors don't have a clue. They receive almost no nutrition training in med school and they're often just regurgitating what they've heard someone else say. I did a LOT of research before I started keto and have continued doing more. I think I mentioned "The magic pill" on netflix before. If you trace back most of the major health problems in the US --- obesity, diabetes, heart disease, it all started becoming a widespread problem in the 50s shortly after the BOGUS study saying heart disease is linked to consumption of animal fat. Turns out keto actually LOWERS bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol, but most doctors still say animal fat bad. Even had my nurse practitioner try to tell me coconut oil is bad for you. One of the best oils out there right after olive oil.

No, we are doing the 10 day in July. I was hoping to go again in September to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

As for Keto, what I can't figure out or can't find research on, is comparison to the China research study. Basically, their conclusion was that rural Chinese eating rice and vegetables stayed healthier and thinner than those in the cities living on the bread, sugar, etc diet. I hypothesize that like alcohol, some people can drink but aren't addicted, while others are. So, for the millions who stay thin and fit eating carbs, maybe it's because they never "abused" sugar for so long.

@declansdad This one is for you Darcy. Happy Friday all.

View attachment 437548

As you can see from the above picture, I mix my rum too. I never got into drinking straight, which is probably why I don’t drink scotch. Even I know it’s a crime to mix scotch.
As for straight rum, one I think might be good is English Harbour, which is a rum that’s almost a whiskey.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try if I can find it.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Making cornhole games today one for the kids school fair, and one for us, and with that, the great Halloween party planning swings into gear. Harry Potter theme this year. There are 92 people coming to our house. :scared1: That's a lot of beer.

Sadly, I got my annual government birthday spankings today
Its nice to see they give something back for all those taxes.
Wow, that's bizarre...do we all have Marion jerseys? ;)
I was saying you can pretty much guarantee that anyone wearing a Dolphins jersey in the UK is over 40, as thats the last time they were any good. And the real big fanbases in the UK are teams that were good in the late 80s/90s. So there are pretty big fanbases for Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins, 49ers, Cheeseheads and the Bears.
Not here, but on messenger, a few weeks back. Just knocked on his virtual door again. I check in every few weeks to see if he's OK.
And you know as you've experienced both? Keep those photos to yourself, 007.
You only get those on my premium subscription my friend.

Have a great day O brethren my brethren.

Morning all. Still letting my ankle heal, and I'll try pickleball as league starts back up tomorrow. On the Keto front, I'm down 19 pounds. The challenge will be in a couple weeks when we go on vacation. This is to the beach, but there's a great restaurant 1/4 mile away on the beach that has the best mojitos.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Making cornhole games today one for the kids school fair, and one for us, and with that, the great Halloween party planning swings into gear. Harry Potter theme this year. There are 92 people coming to our house. :scared1: That's a lot of beer.

92 people? I'm not sure I know that many people. Good luck 007. I enjoyed Leicester City beat Tottenham this morning, and I get to see Man City vs Watford next.

Afternoon All.

Beautiful day here in NB. The bad part was that I spent much of it in a board meeting, the good part was that they approved everything I put forward and finished by telling me to go spend some money. I'd say that's a win.

Now it's time for some beer.

@declansdad

I drink all my scotch and bourbon straight up, willing to mix some whiskey with ginger ale but I've never been much of a rum guy so it's always mixed when I drink it. That being said I've had some awesome Caribbean Rum Punch on visits to some of the Islands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts