DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey guys. Not much to report from my weekend, but last evening oldest DD received her certificate for getting on the Dean’s List at her university. Seeing as it was her first year, I was pretty proud of her. Now to see how the second year goes.

Who else has trips coming up for 20 or 21?
Welcome to the club!
What part of Louisiana are you from? I spent a bit of time in Lafayette, although it was 20 years ago.

I would like to have a trip in 2021 for the 50th (like every other Disney fan on the planet). But I’m not sure. I’m afraid Disney has pretty much priced me out.

Ah well, it's legal in Canada now.
Your wit knows no bounds Sir Dan of Bricksburough.

Hey guys. Not much to report from my weekend, but last evening oldest DD received her certificate for getting on the Dean’s List at her university. Seeing as it was her first year, I was pretty proud of her. Now to see how the second year goes.

Welcome to the club!
What part of Louisiana are you from? I spent a bit of time in Lafayette, although it was 20 years ago.

I would like to have a trip in 2021 for the 50th (like every other Disney fan on the planet). But I’m not sure. I’m afraid Disney has pretty much priced me out.

Congrats to your daughter!

I'm in Baton Rouge, actually from South Carolina but living here now, not to far from Lafayette! Yeah, Disney is getting incredibly expensive, but we can't stay away. We saved from the day our DD was born until my last check 2 weeks before we went. Starting to save now for our March trip, if we make it, if we can't we're back on the who knows train for 2021. I was there for the 25th as a kid and 40th working there.

^I'm trying to get to your status lol we think going once a year is tough enough.
I'm guessing I have more years on me than you and our kids are grow. DD is married and the two of them are doing pretty good and DS is is in 4th year of school. When they were young and all the activities and such we did not go that much plus one of my trips is for DISdads Club 8 convention in January so that's a just me trip which is easier with grown kids for sure.

Sorry to hear Darcy, but do have to admit to a bit of a chuckle after reading you're ok. DW totally had to be like VDF? Just picturing you on the kitchen floor, pickle juice dripping down you pajamas with the fridge door hanging ope and DW walking in :-) sucks getting old and I'm right there with ya!
View attachment 436625

I've been getting them for years so not all to do with getting old but to make your picture better, I was on all fours. Oh and what are pajamas?

Congrats to your DD, awesome achievement.

Really? You kept that quiet ;)
Image result for internet winner of the day meme

I've been getting them for years so not all to do with getting old but to make your picture better, I was on all fours. Oh and what are pajamas?
It’s not often I’m speechless.... oh my Lordy.
Your wit knows no bounds Sir Dan of Bricksburough.
I see what you did there.......well played fella.
Congratulations to the young un for getting on the Deans list. Whatever that may be. Does she get extra credits or something? Or a discount?

Last edited:

Flying out on the red-eye through Toronto on Thursday night/Friday morning. On the ground in Orlando ~ 11am ET. Very much looking forward to the trip. Work has been very busy leading up to this (and its not relenting in the next 2-3 days) so this will be a very welcome break.

I think the kids' excitement is now at par or exceeding mine.

Happy Tuesday. Quite chatty in here today.

Afternoon guys! New dad poking around here, fighting off the Disney blues since we just got back in.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or bourbon. You mail 830 portions to me and I mail to all the guys. Trust me, it's a fool proof plan.

Yes lucky for us we’re going in a little more than 6 months, March 2020. Gonna be a long one after that! Who else has trips coming up for 20 or 21?

July 2020. 10 days at the Boardwalk.

Sounds like it’s gonna be okay?

Good. Take it easy dude.

Thanks.

Evening Gents.

Been a long day. Started around 4 am when I awoke to feel cramps starting on my inner thighs on both legs and my left calf. I actually crawled to the kitchen to get some water and pickle juice before DW found me on the floor in front of the fridge trying to work them out. It was not a fun way to start the day.

And I thought it was from all the soccer, not drinking and standing. Pickle juice does the trick, but it is hard to drink.

At least my layover is in Denver, as opposed to someplace like Phoenix. Too bad John Elway’s steakhouse is too pricey because the chicken fried steak breakfast burrito sounds amazing. But at a $19 price point with no drink included, I think I will pass. Maybe John personally delivers it, and that’s why it’s $19. Or maybe it comes with a bottle of delicious bourbon, the brownest of the brown liquors.

Have a great evening/morning!

Hmm, prices based on a name. I wonder if that effects happens at Disney? :furious::sad2:

I think without your kind support Norm, we would have lost that game. Much appreciated. Hopefully the ankle is easing up my friend.

Have a satisfactual day y'all.

I'm sure it influenced the outcome. Tied for 3rd is a good start this year.

Check out my signature line :)

No signature line on my phone.

Saw that on FB. Congratulations to her.

I'm guessing I have more years on me than you and our kids are grow. DD is married and the two of them are doing pretty good and DS is is in 4th year of school. When they were young and all the activities and such we did not go that much plus one of my trips is for DISdads Club 8 convention in January so that's a just me trip which is easier with grown kids for sure.

You definitely do, but I’m still jealous my guy. Also that’s cool about the DISdads Club convention maybe if we keep having those I can pop in one year.

Pajamas are those things I envisioned you wearing as opposed to not wearing especially now that I know you were on all fours :oops:
Flying out on the red-eye through Toronto on Thursday night/Friday morning. On the ground in Orlando ~ 11am ET. Very much looking forward to the trip. Work has been very busy leading up to this (and its not relenting in the next 2-3 days) so this will be a very welcome break.

I think the kids' excitement is now at par or exceeding mine.
Good deal and have a great time and pixie dust that those next couple of days fly by for you. Always maintain more excitement than the kids! (New Dad Law?)
July 2020. 10 days at the Boardwalk.
Nice - we did that this past summer and really enjoyed the leisurely appraoch you can take whit the longer stay
No signature line on my phone.
Jan DDCC, March just me and DS for a week, June Aulani with the whole clan, August me DW & DS so DW can in som of DaWorld and a kickoff to DS last year of school
You definitely do, but I’m still jealous my guy. Also that’s cool about the DISdads Club convention maybe if we keep having those I can pop in one year.
Last year was the first I attended and am going again this year which will be the 8th year in a row. The timing is a bit tough with work as I like to take some extra time during Christmas and New Years and then to start the year off with another vacation a week later. We lost a real real good Dad last year and DW looked at me and said you really need to go to this thing and get together face-to-face with these guys and I had a blast. Don;t tell her, but I'm pretty lucky

Have a great night guys and give those kids an extra hug, just cause

Last year was the first I attended and am going again this year which will be the 8th year in a row. The timing is a bit tough with work as I like to take some extra time during Christmas and New Years and then to start the year off with another vacation a week later. We lost a real real good Dad last year and DW looked at me and said you really need to go to this thing and get together face-to-face with these guys and I had a blast. Don;t tell her, but I'm pretty lucky

Last year was the first time I went as well and I had a great time. I am hoping that I can get there again, great bunch of guys to hang out with.

Morning boys from the future in a frosty but bright mother country. Chasing chasing chasing today at work.

With the french chick?
I'm sure it influenced the outcome. Tied for 3rd is a good start this year.
That's a nice way of saying "8th" ;)
Flying out on the red-eye through Toronto on Thursday night/Friday morning. On the ground in Orlando ~ 11am ET.
Safe travels, post a couple of pics if you can.
Yes lucky for us we’re going in a little more than 6 months, March 2020. Gonna be a long one after that! Who else has trips coming up for 20 or 21?
We just got back from WDW, I have a cheeky Paris weekend one slotted in and Cali just after Easter. Never been there, so that will be exciting. 21 we are going with another family for their "one and done" trip. I might be in FL in a couple of months, but that will be for work. No doubt it will get bumped. But if it doesn't, our company policy is that I get to pick the hotel...:cool1:

Congratulations to the young un for getting on the Deans list. Whatever that may be. Does she get extra credits or something? Or a discount?
The Dean's List goes to the top 10% (based on grades) of students in the Faculty of Science.
No extra credits or discount sadly. We did get a semi-fancy reception with hors d'ouevres but no alcohol.
DD is doing Behavioural Neuroscience (because that's apparently a thing now) and possibly looking long term at Psychiatry
(yes, I had to use spell check three times just to get this post out.)

Congrats to your daughter!
Congrats to your DD, awesome achievement.
Saw that on FB. Congratulations to her.
Thanks guys. She works pretty hard, but it's paying off. If she does stick with it and tries to get into Med school down the road, she'll need the good marks.

With the french chick?
Nope, my trip to Louisiana was work related.
I was not accompanied by a lady friend to Rouge my Baton.

I might be in FL in a couple of months, but that will be for work. No doubt it will get bumped. But if it doesn't, our company policy is that I get to pick the hotel...:cool1:
Nice arrangement. Hopefully it works out for you.

Morning Gents from chilly New Brunswick, in the single digits when I came to work this morning.

Looks like the car gremlin struck me again, pretty sure my alternator is gone and needs to be replaced. This summer has been crazy.

Have a good one all.

Thanks guys. She works pretty hard, but it's paying off. If she does stick with it and tries to get into Med school down the road, she'll need the good marks.

Is she thinking of staying at Memorial for med school?

Is she thinking of staying at Memorial for med school?
That’s her plan. Apparently MUN has a decent medical school, but it’s also hard to get in. Only 20% of applicants make it. So we’ll see.

Looks like the car gremlin struck me again, pretty sure my alternator is gone and needs to be replaced. This summer has been crazy.
You’ve had no luck but bad luck with cars.
I’ve been enjoying not having any older car headaches since buying the new CR-V. But I’m not enjoying the monthly payments again.

The Dean's List goes to the top 10% (based on grades) of students in the Faculty of Science.
No extra credits or discount sadly. We did get a semi-fancy reception with hors d'ouevres but no alcohol.
Wow! That's pretty impressive!
I may need you to bring me tissues after another beat down for a third week.
Is it Friday already?
Glad the only Jersey I have left is a Marino throwback. But there is always next year.
Me and Darcy were only talking about Marino jerseys on Sunday night, weirdly enough......
Nope, my trip to Louisiana was work related.
I was not accompanied by a lady friend to Rouge my Baton.
You should see someone about that, if she made your baton go rouge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter