DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

If anyone remembers, I had an AC problem in my minivan a few weeks ago, they put some red dye in the system to track the leaks. Had it back in the garage last week - no coolant in it now, all leaked out over 3 weeks. Have to replace all the AC lines. $2000 estimate. This after just getting a new set of tires in the spring and getting the brakes re-done last month.

So now I'm seriously thinking of getting a new vehicle. Maybe not the smartest financially, but I just don't feel like sinking more money into a 6 year old vehicle, I feel like I'll just be waiting for the next $$$$ repair bill. Besides that, we've been talking for a while that we aren't really a minivan family any more (since DD is 19 now and drives our other car, a Civic). We've been saying for about a year we should look at a Rav4/CR-V. I guess this latest breakdown was the push I needed. I'm not looking forward to having a car payment again though.

Yuck. That's brutal. Sometimes, I really hate cars.

I guess the counter-argument would be that you've just poured all this $$$ into the car, so does it make sense to spend even more on a new one? Tires and brakes are routine maintenance, so theoretically the leak is the only thing that went wrong.

:faint:
Just finished at the car dealership. Was just a temporary code. They checked and everything seems fine. The cost? $0.00.

I don't know what to do now. This has never happened.

Run out and buy a lottery ticket, stat!

I understand the pain. We had to replace a car that got totalled and ended up spending too much on a used Malibu that then needed a new head gasket, a new catalytic converter, and then new shocks and struts. I've decided I'm not smart enough to buy used. We like our Hyundai and the warranty program.

I've had luck looking for used cars that are < 3 years old. I figure many of them were driven on a lease and then turned back in, so they were required to have scheduled maintenance, etc. It's worked fairly well for me.

DW had to have a minivan once. It was carp. Tough decision. I've wasted to much money on cars though. Once I get rid of this traveling job, I think I'll ride my bicycle around town.

We have a Toyota Sienna. It's been a great van for us. So far.

Made it to Tuesday. Is the week over yet?

Top O the Morn'n Dads! Bit of a ghost town in here - hope all are well. Have a good one gents.

Boo.

I've had luck looking for used cars that are < 3 years old. I figure many of them were driven on a lease and then turned back in, so they were required to have scheduled maintenance, etc. It's worked fairly well for me.

We have a Toyota Sienna. It's been a great van for us. So far.

Yes, I try to find that 3 year/36,000 car because it was a lease car. Let others buy the new car depreciation but keep low miles and maintenance. DW got a Dodge Caravan - worst vehicle ever.

Evening Gents.

Back home from our quick vacation. DW and I had a nice relaxing trip and DS and his girlfriend came down to spend a night and help us celebrate our anniversary. Back to work tomorrow.

Feel your pain Jeff, need to fix all the MVI stuff on DW's Tuscon this week and the engine light on mine just came on.

Prayers for those of you who are in need right now.

DD told me she is feeling old tonight because she just realized she is older than Youtube and MySpace. I told her imagine how I feel. I'm not older than dirt but I feel like it was still damp when I was born.

Yes. Call in sick for the rest.
Soooo tempting. 2 days in the big city for a training program. Nine of us are tied up for 2 days to "train the trainers" but unfortunately we only have 9 "trainers" coming to the meeting. Not my circus or I would have cancelled it particularly because it is supposed to be all field training but we have 2 days of heavy rain coming. oooo

Back home from our quick vacation. DW and I had a nice relaxing trip and DS and his girlfriend came down to spend a night and help us celebrate our anniversary. Back to work tomorrow.

Good thing you got rested up because as you like to remind us, tomorrow is Hump Day, or as most of us know it...Wednesday.

Top O the Mornin Dads! ME thinks it's time for DS to head back to school, 'nough said there. I guess I have to join in on the repair bandwagon, repair guy coming for our freezer today. Have a good one guys and prayers for those that need them today.
Evening Gents.

Feel your pain Jeff, need to fix all the MVI stuff on DW's Tuscon this week and the engine light on mine just came on.

Prayers for those of you who are in need right now.
Glad you had a nice trip, looked like a pretty area. Sorry about the car

Morning gents. Quite the storm here this morning. But it's blown over now and looking a lot friendlier out there.

DD told me she is feeling old tonight because she just realized she is older than Youtube and MySpace.
:laughing:
I know that feeling.

I remember being shocked when I found out I was alive when Apollo 11 landed on the moon (Happy anniversary, by the way).
I told her imagine how I feel. I'm not older than dirt but I feel like it was still damp when I was born.
:lmao:
Soooo tempting. 2 days in the big city for a training program. Nine of us are tied up for 2 days to "train the trainers" but unfortunately we only have 9 "trainers" coming to the meeting. Not my circus or I would have cancelled it particularly because it is supposed to be all field training but we have 2 days of heavy rain coming. oooo
Ah yes. Been on both sides of train the trainer. Have fun! :rolleyes1
I feel I should honour this some how.
ME thinks it's time for DS to head back to school, 'nough said there.
I first read that as Magical Express thinks it.

I guess I have to join in on the repair bandwagon, repair guy coming
same here,our home a/c took a carp yesterday and it's been running 100 plus here so getting it fixed is a priority. trying to get a repair guy today.unit is 25 years old so I am mentally preparing for the worst.
I remember being shocked when I found out I was alive when Apollo 11 landed on the moon (Happy anniversary, by the way).
heh...I remember watching it on tv.

gotta go to LA LA land for the next few days for work, may try universal again if I get out early enough to hit the park. The good news is we are almost down to single digits before our return to the world!

Hey guys. One week till I leave on vacation. Not that I'm counting.

Welcome home! Glad it was a nice time.

I'm not older than dirt but I feel like it was still damp when I was born.

I once walked on land in Hawaii that had been formed from an eruption in 2003. So I guess I actually am older than dirt.

Morning all. No extras on pickleball courts last night, and I'm feeling like I got ran over by a truck. Skip the ibuprofen. Where's the vicodin.

Yes. Call in sick for the rest.

Called in sick today. Youngest dd finally got her braces off. Between two children, that's a decade and over $10K. I tried to always sit in the same chair at each appointment in the lobby, and am considering carrying the chair home after the next visit.

DD told me she is feeling old tonight because she just realized she is older than Youtube and MySpace. I told her imagine how I feel. I'm not older than dirt but I feel like it was still damp when I was born.

Always great to hear the wisdom that our children express from time to time.

I first read that as Magical Express thinks it.

It's magical express on the way to WDW.
It's tragical express on the way from WDW.

According to the movie "Great Outdoors", you know what hot dogs are made of? Lips and @$$holes.

same here,our home a/c took a carp yesterday and it's been running 100 plus here so getting it fixed is a priority. trying to get a repair guy today.unit is 25 years old so I am mentally preparing for the worst.

They ended up replacing my thermostat inside the house as well, one of those digital ones. It has worked ever since. Good luck.

I once walked on land in Hawaii that had been formed from an eruption in 2003. So I guess I actually am older than dirt.

Wouldn't that be volcanic rock? Not sure if that counts as dust or not. Dan will be around to give us a British ruling.

Related image

Totally counts.
Called in sick today.
Yay!
Youngest dd finally got her braces off. Between two children, that's a decade and over $10K.
Ouch. Hope insurance paid for some of that?
It's magical express on the way to WDW.
It's tragical express on the way from WDW.
I prefer DUD.
Disney's Unmagical Depress

Wouldn't that be volcanic rock? Not sure if that counts as dust or not. Dan will be around to give us a British ruling.

It'll eventually turn to dirt, right?

Where you going this time?

Where to if I may ask?

Touring the Pacific Northwest this time. We have Olympic, Crater Lake, Glacier, and Mt. Rainier NP's on the schedule. Flying into Seattle.

I prefer DUD.
Disney's Unmagical Depress

I like that one, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts