DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. Anyone else watching Wimbledon finals? Men's doubles finals was excellent yesterday, and I'm hoping Federer can win another one today.

Relaxing time so far. Was raining when we got here yesterday but that's ok. Foggy this morning but we were able to kayak around the bay, nice walk this afternoon and headed to a comedy show tonight plus a few cold drinks throughout the day to make it all nice.

If any of you have never been near the Bay of Fundy these pictures will give you an idea of how much the tide changes. First picture id around low tide when we got here yesterday around 3:30, last one if near hide at just before 9:30 last night.

View attachment 416996

View attachment 416997

View attachment 416998

Neat pictures. While not as significant as that, the tide at Disney's Hilton Head Island resort was fun to see as well.

Better go stand by your mailbox, I'm sure someone must be sending you dues. We live so far back we have to pay extra for deliveries and the amazing thing is there are people that live further out than we do. If anyone ever needs to disappear this area would be a good option. I may be over your way in the next couple of months and we will meet up for some mutton if we can make it work.

Sounds like a plan. Let me know if you're close by.

Of course I do, those dishes and clothes aren't going to wash themselves...

Good thing the Mrs has you working. Crack that whip.

Morning, folks. Happy Sunday.
It is Sunday, isn't it?
Is there anybody in there?
Nicely done.
Still here. Where are you? You couldn't possibly be at another bar? Inconceivable.
Fell asleep. Bartender kept serving, though.
If any of you have never been near the Bay of Fundy these pictures will give you an idea of how much the tide changes.
I have been, but I like your photos better than mine.

Happy Monday!

Image result for shirley temple gif

Relaxing time so far. Was raining when we got here yesterday but that's ok. Foggy this morning but we were able to kayak around the bay, nice walk this afternoon and headed to a comedy show tonight plus a few cold drinks throughout the day to make it all nice.

If any of you have never been near the Bay of Fundy these pictures will give you an idea of how much the tide changes. First picture id around low tide when we got here yesterday around 3:30, last one if near hide at just before 9:30 last night.

View attachment 416996

View attachment 416997

View attachment 416998

That's pretty incredible.

Happy Monday!

Do I need to resurrect the "not a thumb" thing?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a decent weekend wrapping up DS birthday celebrations nothing else of significance here. Have a good week.
Hey, I'm still good for 3 minutes or so. Maybe more the 'so' now these days.
You're not as good as you once were but are as good once as you've ever been?
Happy Monday!

Hey guys, I've been slammed at work lately, so not much downtime to check on the boards. I missed a few pages of intellectual chatter. And a few pages of what happens on this thread. Hope all are well.

If anyone remembers, I had an AC problem in my minivan a few weeks ago, they put some red dye in the system to track the leaks. Had it back in the garage last week - no coolant in it now, all leaked out over 3 weeks. Have to replace all the AC lines. $2000 estimate. This after just getting a new set of tires in the spring and getting the brakes re-done last month.

So now I'm seriously thinking of getting a new vehicle. Maybe not the smartest financially, but I just don't feel like sinking more money into a 6 year old vehicle, I feel like I'll just be waiting for the next $$$$ repair bill. Besides that, we've been talking for a while that we aren't really a minivan family any more (since DD is 19 now and drives our other car, a Civic). We've been saying for about a year we should look at a Rav4/CR-V. I guess this latest breakdown was the push I needed. I'm not looking forward to having a car payment again though.

Have to replace all the AC lines. $2000 estimate. This after just getting a new set of tires in the spring and getting the brakes re-done last month.
Ouch.
I'm typing this while I wait for my car to be fixed. Already spent $1,400 on it recently (although it runs really nice, now) and who knows what this will be. Airbag warning light is on. Still... cheaper than a new car.
But...
We've been saying for about a year we should look at a Rav4/CR-V. I guess this latest breakdown was the push I needed. I'm not looking forward to having a car payment again though.
We own a CR-V and it's pretty nice. But... spring for the extended warranty. When stuff goes wrong on a new car, it's never cheap.
But... I also get the appeal of a new car with zero worries. ::yes::

Hey guys, I've been slammed at work lately, so not much downtime to check on the boards. I missed a few pages of intellectual chatter. And a few pages of what happens on this thread. Hope all are well.

If anyone remembers, I had an AC problem in my minivan a few weeks ago, they put some red dye in the system to track the leaks. Had it back in the garage last week - no coolant in it now, all leaked out over 3 weeks. Have to replace all the AC lines. $2000 estimate. This after just getting a new set of tires in the spring and getting the brakes re-done last month.

So now I'm seriously thinking of getting a new vehicle. Maybe not the smartest financially, but I just don't feel like sinking more money into a 6 year old vehicle, I feel like I'll just be waiting for the next $$$$ repair bill. Besides that, we've been talking for a while that we aren't really a minivan family any more (since DD is 19 now and drives our other car, a Civic). We've been saying for about a year we should look at a Rav4/CR-V. I guess this latest breakdown was the push I needed. I'm not looking forward to having a car payment again though.

I understand the pain. We had to replace a car that got totalled and ended up spending too much on a used Malibu that then needed a new head gasket, a new catalytic converter, and then new shocks and struts. I've decided I'm not smart enough to buy used. We like our Hyundai and the warranty program.

Hey guys. Been off of here for a while as we were on vacation in British Columbia and then the Stampede invaded Calgary at its appointed time for the first weekend of July and then in for 10 days. Busy, rodeo, chuckwagons, pancakes, beer, wearing cowboy gear for work...exhausting but worth it every time! Yahoo.

Hey guys. Been off of here for a while as we were on vacation in British Columbia and then the Stampede invaded Calgary at its appointed time for the first weekend of July and then in for 10 days. Busy, rodeo, chuckwagons, pancakes, beer, wearing cowboy gear for work...exhausting but worth it every time! Yahoo.
Welcome back :thumbsup2

Man that sounds like a blast. :)

Congrats and best of luck with a new vehicle.

DW had to have a minivan once. It was carp. Tough decision. I've wasted to much money on cars though. Once I get rid of this traveling job, I think I'll ride my bicycle around town.

:faint:
Just finished at the car dealership. Was just a temporary code. They checked and everything seems fine. The cost? $0.00.

I don't know what to do now. This has never happened.

Run away quickly. Then say a prayer.

I understand the pain. We had to replace a car that got totalled and ended up spending too much on a used Malibu that then needed a new head gasket, a new catalytic converter, and then new shocks and struts. I've decided I'm not smart enough to buy used. We like our Hyundai and the warranty program.

Best car I have ever owned is the Toyota Camry. Tried others, but have returned. If I bought another one, that's all I would get.

Sounds fun, but a lot of work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!