DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning gents. Darcy's snow/rain mess arrived here overnight. Just a few cm (1-2 in) down overnight, now changed to rain all day. Enough to make it messy but ok for driving. Luckily I got the snow tires put on one of the vehicles yesterday. The wind is supposed to get very high tonight. Power outage is a high risk, especially if the rain doesn't take all the heavy snow/ice off the power lines. We'll see how that goes.

Yes, or I thought so. Still tasted good.
Cream cheese and sugar is going to taste good in any form.

Morning gents. Darcy's snow/rain mess arrived here overnight. Just a few cm (1-2 in) down overnight, now changed to rain all day. Enough to make it messy but ok for driving. Luckily I got the snow tires put on one of the vehicles yesterday. The wind is supposed to get very high tonight. Power outage is a high risk, especially if the rain doesn't take all the heavy snow/ice off the power lines. We'll see how that goes.

Holy Beverly it's cold here!! -18 wind chill....way too early for this crap.

Stay warm Jeff. I just saw that the Confederation Bridge was closed because of the wind so it is on the way to you guys I'm guessing.

Morning gents.
Short change so a bit on the sleepy side still. But in just over 24 hours, I'll be able to get some sleep for a few hours.

Darcy's snow/rain mess arrived here overnight.

Not very nice of him.

Just a few cm (1-2 in) down overnight, now changed to rain all day. Enough to make it messy but ok for driving.

Not ice, though. Good.

Power outage is a high risk,

Again?? Hope you can avoid that.

Stay warm Jeff. I just saw that the Confederation Bridge was closed because of the wind so it is on the way to you guys I'm guessing.
I've hunkered down at work. Packed my lunch, so not going outside until heading home this afternoon. The wind is on the way for sure, supposed to hit 100+ km/hr by 8pm.

Again?? Hope you can avoid that.
We've avoided up to this point in the far east. I know New Brunswick got hit with power outages a while back, and also the western part of Newfoundland. Hopefully we don't get hit, but we'll see.

We've avoided up to this point in the far east. I know New Brunswick got hit with power outages a while back, and also the western part of Newfoundland. Hopefully we don't get hit, but we'll see.

Yup, there were about 100,000 customers last week and I think it was all restored, I know there were some issues in some areas. After yesterday's mess and today's winds there are about 6000 customers out.

Morning gentlemen from an overcast, but comfy Orlando.

According to the forecast, we're supposed to get down to the 40s Friday or Saturday. For here, that's pretty cold.

Cream cheese and sugar is going to taste good in any form.

I would normally agree, but after having the maple bourbon boursin cheesecake at F&W...I no longer can.
I took two bites (2nd just to make sure I didn't need Beverly instead) and threw it out.

Last edited:
Morning chaps from a relatively temperate London.

Look after you and yours over there, fella

That does seem awfully fresh.

Morning gents.
Short change so a bit on the sleepy side still.
Looks like it's 3 for 3 on discomfort from the Canadian Chapter.

A bit of work this morning, haircut and a couple of Costco 2 bite brownies. In that order.
Have a good day fellas.

According to the forecast, we're supposed to get down to the 40s Friday or Saturday. For here, that's pretty cold.

40s? mmmm.... toasty.

Looks like it's 3 for 3 on discomfort from the Canadian Chapter.

So you're saying we need more Canadians?

Well, if its Maple Syrup then I guess we are at 4 for 4 for general disgruntlement at Canadian situations. I'm off to hug a moose to partially rectify the universe's balance.

:laughing:

Must do better than that. At least drink some beer and watch some tv in your underwear time.

Hey come on now, this is dad-home-alone time, so the beer is a given, and of course I'm jamming some tunes all day - so it's a great day for sure - but just didn't get the chance to really do anything "fun". Although I actually did get a lot of satisfaction out of cleaning up all those storage spaces. I don't have much of my own in my family's house, but I do have the garage, shed, and back of the basement.

Morning gents. Darcy's snow/rain mess arrived here overnight.

Why didn't you tell him to keep it?

Yikes! That's not Canada, that's Hoth. Try not to spend the night in Tauntaun innards.

But in just over 24 hours, I'll be able to get some sleep for a few hours.

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

The wind is on the way for sure, supposed to hit 100+ km/hr by 8pm.

Yikes! The Weather Channel guy won't even have to fake being blown over this time.

I'm sure the rest of the guys here feel pretty sorry for you.

Well, if its Maple Syrup then I guess we are at 4 for 4 for general disgruntlement at Canadian situations. I'm off to hug a moose to partially rectify the universe's balance.

:rotfl2:

Hey come on now, this is dad-home-alone time, so the beer is a given, and of course I'm jamming some tunes all day - so it's a great day for sure - but just didn't get the chance to really do anything "fun". Although I actually did get a lot of satisfaction out of cleaning up all those storage spaces. I don't have much of my own in my family's house, but I do have the garage, shed, and back of the basement.
Go on then, I'll bite. What tunes did you have on?
Any "angry 90s chick" tunes carry a yellow card and a 2 day suspension, mind.

Yikes! That's not Canada, that's Hoth. Try not to spend the night in Tauntaun innards.

Why not? They're quite comfortable and decidedly warm.

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Yep! Almost done the first half of my day/mid shift. Only 17 more hours to go!

Yikes! The Weather Channel guy won't even have to fake being blown over this time.

That was hilarious.

I've hunkered down at work. Packed my lunch, so not going outside until heading home this afternoon. The wind is on the way for sure, supposed to hit 100+ km/hr by 8pm.

Be safe up there.

Sleet/ snow/ rain here. Everything closed tonight. Just have to wait until 2 AM for the phone call closing schools tomorrow. :mad:

I would normally agree, but after having the maple bourbon boursin cheesecake at F&W...I no longer can.
I took two bites (2nd just to make sure I didn't need Beverly instead) and threw it out.

That's people just being stupid. Bourbon is great served neat. Maple syrup is wonderful on pancakes. Cheesecake is a nice dessert. Why try to serve all those at once? Stupid lazy fat Americans.

You're married with children now? There is no such thing as alone fun. They instinctually sense and crush it.

I think Cantore changed locations after the last hurricane when it missed PCB. I imagine he was crying on the inside.

Go on then, I'll bite. What tunes did you have on?
Any "angry 90s chick" tunes carry a yellow card and a 2 day suspension, mind.

I dated a girl back then who liked that music. Is that acceptable?

Last edited:
Ouch. What do you do? Your job sucks, I work a ton of 16hr days but I have 2 full time and 1 part time job.

I work in the Air Navigation industry.
I had to take my youngest DD for a dentist apt, so I switched my day shift to an evening shift. But that meant I worked 3pm - 11pm on Tuesday, then after a short night, back at work at 6:30am - 2:30pm... raced home, grabbed the same kid for a 3:15 eye appointment, followed by shopping and then cooking dinner. Ate, watched a bit of TV now I'm getting ready to head back to work for a 10:30pm - 6:45am shift.

Morning chaps from a drizzly overcast London.

Looking forward to watching our strategically shaved chimps who pass as leaders getting on their "conscience" high horse, as they have been temporarily inconvenienced in lining their pockets. A large percentage of them hanging off some kind of pole contraption on Tower Bridge would be a good start in fixing the ills of this once great nation.

I give our PM a 30% chance of making it to Xmas in a job. Which is a shame, even though I don't agree with almost anything she says, she was handed an absolute hospital pass and make the best job she could out of it, which a bunch of snivelling posh boys sniping from the sidelines, as they don't have the cajones to put their head above the parapet, looking to do her down at almost every turn.

Rant over. Apologies.

I dated a girl back then who liked that music. Is that acceptable?
Totally acceptable. Positively encouraged. Especially if she had a pixie haircut. Gold Stars. Carry on.
I had to take my youngest DD for a dentist apt, so I switched my day shift to an evening shift. But that meant I worked 3pm - 11pm on Tuesday, then after a short night, back at work at 6:30am - 2:30pm... raced home, grabbed the same kid for a 3:15 eye appointment, followed by shopping and then cooking dinner. Ate, watched a bit of TV now I'm getting ready to head back to work for a 10:30pm - 6:45am shift.
I want to lie down now. Enjoy your day off buddy.
That's people just being stupid. Bourbon is great served neat. Maple syrup is wonderful on pancakes. Cheesecake is a nice dessert. Why try to serve all those at once? Stupid lazy fat Americans.
But this sort of thinking led us to Jumbo Shrimp and bacon as garnishes in cocktails. So its not all bad. But also gave us Pineapple on pizza. Which is an abomination.

Have a good day fellas.

Last edited:
Morning, boys.

A large percentage of them hanging off some kind of pole contraption on Tower Bridge would be a good start in fixing the ills of this once great nation.

Tell us how you really feel.

I give our PM a 30% chance of making it to Xmas in a job. Which is a shame, even though I don't agree with almost anything she says, she was handed an absolute hospital pass and make the best job she could out of it, which a bunch of snivelling posh boys sniping from the sidelines, as they don't have the cajones to put their head above the parapet, looking to do her down at almost every turn.

Whelp... I did ask...

I want to lie down now. Enjoy your day off buddy.

My day off? I work 3pm-11pm on that one.

Okay... and then I get the weekend off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter