DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It's snowing here today. :furious:

I did use this weekend to dust off the old baking skills. Made a challah bread loaf that was excellent. Cinnamon rolls were good, but i tried using cream cheese in the icing and couldn't blend it very well.

I sort of officially re-joined the world of work today, so that was a bit weird.

Welcome back to the ranks of employed bourgeoisie.

Hello Gents. Been traveling on business so missed the past few days. Still on the road but in Orlando and gonna try to take some of my team to Disney Springs for some shopping, food and beverages. Have a good one and boy do I need a break from work - cheers!

Great leadership skills there, boss.

Tuesday. Feels like a Monday. I guess it is for me. Hard to drag my Alien Swirling Saucer into work today after a 4 day weekend.

Hello Gents. Been traveling on business so missed the past few days. Still on the road but in Orlando and gonna try to take some of my team to Disney Springs for some shopping, food and beverages. Have a good one and boy do I need a break from work - cheers!
Awesome. I hope you get to enjoy it. Sounds like a pretty good work trip.

It's snowing here today. :furious:
It's not snowing here...yet. Supposed to be some kind of weather bomb here tomorrow and Thursday, mostly very high winds (100-140 Km/hr) but a rain/snow mix is likely. Gross.
I gave in and dropped one car at the garage on the way to work to get the tires changed over, winter is coming, can't deny it anymore.

Cinnamon rolls were good, but i tried using cream cheese in the icing and couldn't blend it very well.
Nice one. I enjoy baking when I get the chance. I've only made cinnamon rolls a few times but I've always used cream cheese in the icing and it's blended OK. Did you have it at room temperature?

Last edited:
Welcome back, Dan!
Thanks Mark! How 'bout dem Eagles?

(awkward silence.....)

Now why would you go and do that?
I never thought I'd say this, I kinda miss the cut and jib, just a little bit.
Cinnamon rolls were good
When are they not? A bit like pizza. Or a bit of slap n tickle.
I gave in and dropped one car at thew garage on the way to work to get the tires changed over, winter is coming, can't deny it anymore.
Admitting it is the first stage.

Morning Guys from a snowy Fredericton.

Suppose to get a couple of inches before turning to rain later today and then heading for a deep freeze, should be fun.

First high school basketball game of the season last night, an exhibition game against the cross-town rival and defending champs. DS and his mates got spanked, hopefully it is just early season rust.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Ah, don’t feel too sorry for me, it’s about 15 days consulting work on a 3 month job with a few cheeky visits to Athens. Not too shabby

Do you need an assistant? I can get coffee, and book your ADR's, and sit around scratching myself, and and answer the phone and tell them you are too busy????
15 days work out of 90 sounds like my kinda gig, I have 15 days work every 7.

Cinnamon rolls were good, but i tried using cream cheese in the icing and couldn't blend it very well.
Have you made these...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...lls-from-main-street-bakery-in-magic-kingdom/
I made them 4-5 times and they came out pretty good.

Hard to drag my Alien Swirling Saucer into work today
:rotfl:

How 'bout dem Cowboys :thumbsup2

Suppose to get a couple of inches before turning to rain later today and then heading for a deep freeze, should be fun.
You have fun with that. We got down to 31 last night and people started flipping out. The hardware stores are out of faucet covers, grocery stores are out of bread and eggs, and the radio is telling people to drip there faucets... Really? it is barely freezing, I covered my roses and unhooked and drained my water hoses. Probably didn't even need to do that, but my wife was in a mood and I didn't want to go inside.

Hello fellow dads, I also had the day off yesterday but it was the most rare and special of days-off: the kids still had school and the wife still had her work, so it was Home Alone time for this dad. I wish I could say I did something more fun than clean four closets and garage and my half of the basement.

On a more magical note, we're under the 30-day mark for a December trip to WDW! Magical Express paperwork has arrived, and the itinerary is just about locked in. Can't wait! :smickey:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Looking forward to next week as DS will be home for Thanksgiving but got a text this morning that he may have to shorten time at home due to his architecture design courses as access to campus workstations and his own drafting table and supplies cant be duplicated at home so a bit of a bummer there.

Last day of convention today and back home tomorrow. Had a good time at Dis Springs with the team last night all a bit foggy with an early start today. If anyone is going through the holidays and want to see the Christmas tree trail at Springs, the trees are kind of cool but way too small / tight and folks stop for pictures which means you have to stop as there is not enough room. Not worth it to me as the rest of the place has enough decorations to put you in the Christmas Spirit. Hit both Raglan Road and Jock's for the beverage part of the night including the Disney Select Knob Creek at Jocks.
Harsh. Very harsh. Enjoy the springs, hit Jock Lindsay’s for us all buddy.
Mission accomplished
Now there's a boss.
IGreat leadership skills there, boss.
Thanks but its easy as I have a real good group of folks.
Morning Guys from a snowy Fredericton.

First high school basketball game of the season last night, an exhibition game against the cross-town rival and defending champs. DS and his mates got spanked, hopefully it is just early season rust.

Hope everyone has a good one!
Sorry about the spanking and hope they don't get that mental block that they just can't beat that team. All the best to Declan on his final HS season.

(awkward silence.....)

Ugh. It appears all of their magic was used up last season.

And you know what? It was totally worth it.

Hello fellow dads, I also had the day off yesterday but it was the most rare and special of days-off: the kids still had school and the wife still had her work, so it was Home Alone time for this dad. I wish I could say I did something more fun than clean four closets and garage and my half of the basement.

Wow, that's like the Holy Grail.

This is like getting $1000 for Christmas, putting it in your wallet, and using it to fill up the car with gas over time.

Do you need an assistant? I can get coffee, and book your ADR's, and sit around scratching myself, and and answer the phone and tell them you are too busy????

Have you made these...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...lls-from-main-street-bakery-in-magic-kingdom/
I made them 4-5 times and they came out pretty good.

:rotfl:

How 'bout dem Cowboys :thumbsup2

You have fun with that. We got down to 31 last night and people started flipping out. The hardware stores are out of faucet covers, grocery stores are out of bread and eggs, and the radio is telling people to drip there faucets... Really? it is barely freezing, I covered my roses and unhooked and drained my water hoses. Probably didn't even need to do that, but my wife was in a mood and I didn't want to go inside.
Drip their faucets??
Inside or outside?
Inside makes absolutely no sense and even outside, the heat from pipes inside the house connected to external faucets is more than sufficient to counteract until it gets to about 20.
Besides, if you've removed the hoses, the best is shut off the supply and leave the external faucets open. (Can you tell my son is a plumber?) ;)

Morning gents.
Sitting in the dentist office. But it’s the kid in the chair and not me so I’m perfectly happy about it.

Drip their faucets??
Inside or outside?
Inside makes absolutely no sense and even outside, the heat from pipes inside the house connected to external faucets is more than sufficient to counteract until it gets to about 20.
Besides, if you've removed the hoses, the best is shut off the supply and leave the external faucets open. (Can you tell my son is a plumber?) ;)

People were dripping their faucets inside. Now most if the plumbing down here is in exterior walls in ceilings not under slab but that is still excessive until the temps drop way down and stay that way for 10-12 hrs at a time. It was only freezing for a couple hours this morning. I cant shut off my exterior faucets individually but I don't worry about them till it get much colder.

Those of us living down here are watching the weather and would like to kindly request some of our more Northern Brethren to PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE BACK DOOR......

Hey londontime.... What's the betting line on Mourinho's exit from United?

Yep, just mosey on over here buddy and we'll take care of y'all. As long as you wear your short skirt.
And you know what? It was totally worth it.
I hear ya. I'd take West Ham winning the Prem and then having an awful next season. I'm just getting one of those at the minute.
Hey londontime.... What's the betting line on Mourinho's exit from United?
Hey mate, good to hear from you. He's up there with Sparky at Southampton and Hodgson at Palace. The thing is, who do you replace him with? The only real option I guess is Zidane, but they are gonna have to back up a Brinks truck for his level of spending.
Mourinho is famous for losing it in the 3rd season, and he's just reverting to type.
Interestingly, we're hearing over here that Liverpool are up for sale on the quiet.
It was a baffling hire to me.

Went against United's normal style of play in my opinion.
But Moyes was the anointed one from Fergie, and his style of play is even worse...

Yep, just mosey on over here buddy and we'll take care of y'all. As long as you wear your short skirt.
You are on. If I gotta show a little to get ahead I am not too proud for that. At one time pre-internet there is some security camera video of me in a mini skirt and cowboy hat from my time in college.

You are on. If I gotta show a little to get ahead I am not too proud for that. At one time pre-internet there is some security camera video of me in a mini skirt and cowboy hat from my time in college.
:rotfl2:
Now there’s a mental image.
You know it’s nearly bedtime here? I’m frightened to go to sleep now....

Those of us living down here are watching the weather and would like to kindly request some of our more Northern Brethren to PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE BACK DOOR......

Short answer?

No.

:laughing:

Nice one. I enjoy baking when I get the chance. I've only made cinnamon rolls a few times but I've always used cream cheese in the icing and it's blended OK. Did you have it at room temperature?

Yes, or I thought so. Still tasted good.

!

Wish you all would keep the cold and snow up north.

! :smickey:

Must do better than that. At least drink some beer and watch some tv in your underwear time.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Looking forward to next week as DS will be home for Thanksgiving but got a text this morning that he may have to shorten time at home due to his architecture design courses as access to campus workstations and his own drafting table and supplies cant be duplicated at home so a bit of a bummer there.

Last day of convention today and back home tomorrow. Had a good time at Dis Springs with the team last night all a bit foggy with an early start today. If anyone is going through the holidays and want to see the Christmas tree trail at Springs, the trees are kind of cool but way too small / tight and folks stop for pictures which means you have to stop as there is not enough room. Not worth it to me as the rest of the place has enough decorations to put you in the Christmas Spirit. Hit both Raglan Road and Jock's for the beverage part of the night including the Disney Select Knob Creek at Jocks.

Mission accomplished

Thanks but its easy as I have a real good group of folks.

Sorry about the spanking and hope they don't get that mental block that they just can't beat that team. All the best to Declan on his final HS season.

Are you sure architectural design isn't code for girlfriend? I know you all are looking forward to the visit.

I'm so lucky all my drunken, clothing challenged behavior happened before the Internet and that my friends were too dumb to bring cameras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter