DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

To-all-the-men-and-women-who-have-served-our-count

Although it may be called something different for other countries, I think the sentiment should be the same...thankful to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice

Got this in an email from wallbuilders today. It's America specific, but closely relates to our allies as well.

Throughout our history, millions of American men and women have chosen to serve their fellow citizens by entering the US military where they willingly gave their time, talents, and even their lives to protect our cherished freedoms. On Veterans Day, we spend a day honoring these patriots.

Here's a concise history of Veterans Day. World War I ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 -- one hundred years ago. In 1919 President Woodrow Wilson declared the Armistice Day holiday to commemorate that peace. In 1938, Armistice Day became a national holiday and, in 1954, that holiday was renamed Veterans Day.

As a vet myself, I personally feel guilty a bit when people thank me for my service because I think of all the men and women who can't be thanked except in our hearts. Regardless of how you celebrate or remember this day, I pray you realize how blessed we are to enjoy so many things(including Disney[both Walt and Roy were vets]) because of the sacrifice of others.

Morning boys from a stormy London.

I sort of officially re-joined the world of work today, so that was a bit weird.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend.

Enjoy Monday, chaps. For there are only 4 and a bit days to the weekend in future world over here.
I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or offer condolences .... Future world over there (Disney Paris?)?

I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or offer condolences .... Future world over there (Disney Paris?)?

All good. Working with an old contractor of mine helping him out on a project in Athens.

DLP would be nice, I just meant my time zone. I do need to get there this month though, to renew my passes.

I sort of officially re-joined the world of work today, so that was a bit weird.

I would say "good news" but I guess going back into the workforce is good in the same way an annual physical is good...perhaps necessary, but not fun.

Still enjoying my long Remembrance Day weekend, just relaxing today.

I would say "good news" but I guess going back into the workforce is good in the same way an annual physical is good...perhaps necessary, but not fun.

Still enjoying my long Remembrance Day weekend, just relaxing today.
Enjoy your day mate. I thought of you this morning, a guy from your place linked in with me today...

Enjoy Monday, chaps. For there are only 4 and a bit days to the weekend in future world over here.

Welcome back!

Short week here, have the day off just like Jeff.

Hello Gents. Been traveling on business so missed the past few days. Still on the road but in Orlando and gonna try to take some of my team to Disney Springs for some shopping, food and beverages. Have a good one and boy do I need a break from work - cheers!

About time, both back to work and back here :thumbsup2

I was going to say "condolences", but... a few beat me to it, plus...

Ah, don’t feel too sorry for me, it’s about 15 days consulting work on a 3 month job with a few cheeky visits to Athens. Not too shabby.

... doesn't sound like they're overly needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter