DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian Dads.
Thanks for the well wishes from my brothers to the south and across the pond.

I was at my in-laws Saturday and Sunday, a quick overnight trip. Ate too much turkey for dinner yesterday and washed it down with a slab of chocolate caramel cheesecake.

Today would normally be round #2 at my parents, but I’ve actually got a funeral to attend today. My mom’s uncle passed last week, but he was 97 and lived a good life so hard to be too sad about that.

Beautiful weather all weekend, crisp but sunny, hoping to get out and enjoy the long weekend later.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Dang I need a Disney trip, but then again don't we all. I think we have had the longest stretch of not seeing DS as he isn't coming home on weekends as much as last couple of years. His studies, interior architecture & design, makes it hard do to drafting and drawing supplies and table needed are all at school plus who wants to spend weekends at home. Anyway he has fall break so he will be home for 4-5 days this weekend so got that to look forward to. Have a good week gents.

I was at my in-laws Saturday and Sunday, a quick overnight trip. Ate too much turkey for dinner yesterday and washed it down with a slab of chocolate caramel cheesecake.

Today would normally be round #2 at my parents, but I’ve actually got a funeral to attend today. My mom’s uncle passed last week, but he was 97 and lived a good life so hard to be too sad about that.

Beautiful weather all weekend, crisp but sunny, hoping to get out and enjoy the long weekend later.
Sorry about your Uncle especially around a holiday, but like you said 97 and a good life. Waiting for that crisp but sunny weather here too which is supposed to be heard by end of the week for good - 90's here this weekend :crazy2:

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

giphy.gif

Thanks but we just call it Thanksgiving. What you have is NFL Thursday. ;)

Sorry about your great uncle, I hope you all have a day of sharing great memories.

Really struggling this AM. Somehow, we managed to pick the worst hotel in Atlanta. The rooms are so small that you can reach the toilet from the bed. Worse than that, one of the beds is on top of the AC, and without a cover, the cold air blew directly on my leg. So, it was that, or no circulation at all without a ceiling fan. Sadly, I now get sleep deprivation torture - being woke up in 10 minute intervals all night. I wouldn't last long as a spy.

Still trying to set up another meet with Norm...if he can manage it...being sleep deprived, he may not want to put up with me! ;)

Had a great meet (albeit way too short) with @pkondz and pluto0809 last night. I'm not tagging her simply because I will in another thread and she's not a DISdad.

blob.jpg

I was supposed to take him to the Frozen Cow for ice cream after, but I enjoyed the company so much, I totally forgot. I also knew he had a long drive ahead of him, so I was trying to consider that. Aw heck, who am I kidding...I forgot.

Still trying to set up another meet with Norm...if he can manage it...being sleep deprived, he may not want to put up with me! ;)

Mission accomplished.

WP_20181008_18_57_39_Pro.jpg

It was great meeting up with you and your daughter Doc. We had an enjoyable meal at Jason's Deli and better company. Thanks for hanging in there with the coordination efforts and my tired, grumpy butt.

Mission accomplished.

View attachment 356916

It was great meeting up with you and your daughter Doc. We had an enjoyable meal at Jason's Deli and better company. Thanks for hanging in there with the coordination efforts and my tired, grumpy butt.

It was great meeting y'all too. It's funny...I was thinking the exact thing...putting up with your tired, grumpy butt was....

NOT A FACTOR AT ALL ACTUALLY.

Seriously, if you're that nice when you're sleep deprived, I look forward to hanging out when you're not.

What Norm isn't telling y'all is I was (unintentionally) trying to derail the mission. His wife wanted to go to Jason's Deli for salad. I never realized Jason's Deli had salad. I always thought it was a sandwich place. With that said, I was trying to see if I could find something they might like or remember better. As I tried (in a text) to explain, I was simply trying to see if I could come up with other options for them that might sound better. We exchanged numerous (putting it lightly, right Norm?) texts trying to say, no you pick, no you pick. :rotfl2: Turns out, the closest walking distance for them ended up being the best. I really didn't care where we ate...it was the company that made it fantastic! Okay, fine, if we'd eaten somewhere where all they had was Brussel sprouts, that wouldn't have been so fantastic. :laughing:

As long as you don't stand on my lawn in your robe (or less...no rhinestone thong either) and empty your chemical tank, you can park your RV at my house once I get settled.

Last edited:
Had a great meet (albeit way too short) with @pkondz and pluto0809 last night. I'm not tagging her simply because I will in another thread and she's not a DISdad.
Nice one! Three trip report writers in one picture.

Fantastic guys! Great to see Dads from the boards meet up.

Morning all. Waiting for the results this AM and then it is onto the beach. Not sure it is a good idea or not. We are going to the Amelia Island area on the Atlantic side, which as of today, is not in the path of the hurricane. No evacuations or state of emergency called for there.

Last time, I canceled the Vero Beach trip when there was a state of emergency and evacuations, but it missed that area and there was a perfect week of good weather.

As long as you don't stand on my lawn in your robe (or less...no rhinestone thong either) and empty your chemical tank, you can park your RV at my house once I get settled.

Sounds like a good future plan, although future negotiation for the rhinestone thong may occur. Thanks again for the meet-up.

Morning all...
Been a might distracted as of late. Unfortunately, my MIL passed late last week. Not completely unexpected, but thins happened rather rapidly so we're still fairly off balance down this way.

Good to see that most of y'all are doing well, and it'll be good to keep up again.

Not sure if anyone is in Michael's path but if you are stay safe.
The track should keep the center of this one about sixty miles southeast of us and it should be down to a depression when it gets into SC. We'll likely have only see about 12-16 hours of fairly heavy rain with slight chances of flooding. Will have to watch for the stronger wind gusts to see how those effect the older trees but I expect even that to be more of a spotty issue.

Been a might distracted as of late. Unfortunately, my MIL passed late last week. Not completely unexpected, but thins happened rather rapidly so we're still fairly off balance down this way.
Sorry to hear this Rob. Expected or not, it's never easy, especially when it happens quickly.
I hope the weather doesn't affect you too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter