DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Wow would you look at who has been here in last week or so. I reconize some of you old timers. Hmmm and Thanksgiving is only a couple of months away.

Well, I'll share with DISdads here...
It is possible I might be moving to Orlando within the next few months. Had a phone screen that went very well. Will likely be doing face to face next Thursday (on our down day at the resort). Looking very positive and they're wanting to move quickly.

Can't party: yet, but hopefully soon.
Nice! Good luck with that!

Slow morning in here today. Everyone up late watching football??
Nope, Jury Duty...

Puttin' a serious crimp in my Dis time.

It is possible I might be moving to Orlando within the next few months. Had a phone screen that went very well. Will likely be doing face to face next Thursday (on our down day at the resort). Looking very positive and they're wanting to move quickly.

And so soon after deciding that you'd about had enough of Disney.
They must be spying on you and this is their way of getting you to consider letting them back into you bank accounts.

May this opportunity go the way that is best for you.

They must be spying on you and this is their way of getting you to consider letting them back into you bank accounts.
But...you're missing the point (at least for me)...
If I live close, I can, with an AP, go as often as I want and spend as little or as much as ***I*** choose. No need to fight with their piss poor IT systems and can still rent my points to y'all. If it's just a day trip, I can easily take my own food and only eat at their restaurants if I want something in particular (Biergarten or Tiffins come to mind).

May this opportunity go the way that is best for you.
The guy basically told me if all goes well on Thursday to expect an offer before I leave. The phone screen went VERY well.

The guy basically told me if all goes well on Thursday to expect an offer before I leave. The phone screen went VERY well.

Good luck!

That's some terrific news. Remember, if you need a do nothing, unqualified, highly paid assistant, then I'm available. :lmao:

:lmao: I need to really complain about owning and living in a house in Golden Oak.

But...you're missing the point (at least for me)...
If I live close, I can, with an AP, go as often as I want and spend as little or as much as ***I*** choose. No need to fight with their piss poor IT systems and can still rent my points to y'all. If it's just a day trip, I can easily take my own food and only eat at their restaurants if I want something in particular (Biergarten or Tiffins come to mind).

He have Holiday World here about 30 minutes from the house. Their water park is every bit as good as the Disney water parks - maybe better. Still don't want to fool with carrying food into that park. Sure, you wouldn't be there 7 consecutive days and could eat breakfast at home.

Last edited:

Good luck Doc!

That's some terrific news. Remember, if you need a do nothing, unqualified, highly paid assistant, then I'm available. :lmao:

:lmao: I need to really complain about owning and living in a house in Golden Oak.

He have Holiday World here about 30 minutes from the house. Their water park is every bit as good as the Disney water parks - maybe better. Still don't want to fool with carrying food into that park. Sure, you wouldn't be there 7 consecutive days and could eat breakfast at home.

On phone so hard to multiquote.

If I get to hire an assistant that does nothing and makes a lot of money, you'll be first on my list! ;)

I may not take food in...it's simply a matter of I can be more selective and less of a prisoner to "thou shalt do it Disney's way and we'll give you less Disney magic for the privilege" that's becoming more and more pervasive.

More than likely I will keep AP, but will either use my DVC points for Vero or rent to y'all. It's also possible for HHI, but given Vero will be closer, that's more likely.

Thus may open back up 2019 points for rent as well because if my daughter and grandsons come down next year, they can just stay with us without resort and idiotic parking fees.

I knew I was going to be fine once it came ashore just north of Wilmington.

Glad you came out none the worse for the wear. Hope the eastern part of the state can recover.

Slow morning in here today. Everyone up late watching football??

Too much work, not enough hours in the day...

Right. Thats it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone.....
unknown-jpeg.352153

I don't think this is as funny as the guys in the photo.

UqbcYt2.jpg

Hey, that's within my skill set, too! We should schedule interviews.

Morning, gents. Long day ahead.

Here I go!

UqbcYt2.jpg

I second Mark's motion...too much work, not enough hours in the day...

I missed a few days but...

Wouldn't that be 2;30 for you?
mowgli laugh.gif

Nice. Roast spuds?
Nope. Mashed. That's the one English thing we don't do for Sunday dinner. Never had skin-off roasted spuds.

Ask a proper Northerner like Lawson, or Jeff, who seems to be a bit of an expert on english food. I think they used to serve them as an appetiser before the Sunday roast, with Jam.
I don't know if I'm an expert, but there are very strong English ties in Newfoundland (remember, we were a British colony until 1949). Sunday dinner has often been roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. We drink more tea per capita than any other province in Canada. Our provincial flag was the Union jack until 1980. I grew up having crackers on the table for Christmas dinner - and yes I mean the little firecrackers with the prizes inside - I am not sure if that's a thing elsewhere in North America.

Pie is with minced beef and there is a parsley sauce on top of it all called liquor. Which isn't hard spirits. Although that does sound interesting.
Except when it's Christmas time and you put mince in pies, but it's chopped up dried fruit. I used to pick them up in Heathrow in the days I was flying there. Made me do a double take the first time I saw the box - minced pie, I though there was ground beef with sugar on top...

I knew I was going to be fine once it came ashore just north of Wilmington.
Glad to hear you made it through OK, Rob.

Wow, great news. Hope it works out for you! Maybe a meet up in Orlando one day...

Waiting for Friday. That is all.
It feels like it should be Friday already. It certainly feels like the week has been long enough by now.
dug waiting.gif

Happy Wednesday.

I may not take food in...it's simply a matter of I can be more selective and less of a prisoner to "thou shalt do it Disney's way and we'll give you less Disney magic for the privilege" that's becoming more and more pervasive.

I get you. If i could get a decent job offer, then I'd move to Florida now as well and to Disney the way you are doing it. Talked with someone in vacation one year and they own DVC and live less than 30 minutes away from WDW. He was there on vacation and had to drive home to get a package delivery. :lmao: He said that he and his wife had the APs that got the free parking. That dream will probably not happen for me, but maybe I can get it of this state and closer to a beach.

Hey, that's within my skill set, too! We should schedule interviews.

I'll have my people call your people. :lmao:

Morning dads; woke up above the ground instead of below it so I figured I better come to work.

Best of luck

I grew up having crackers on the table for Christmas dinner - and yes I mean the little firecrackers with the prizes inside - I am not sure if that's a thing elsewhere in North America.
We have those. About half the time the firecracker doesn't work and you just end up tearing the paper in half and dumping the toys everywhere. We would always sit around wearing the little paper crowns playing games all night.

I'll have my people call your people. :lmao:
You have people? I need to find people.

Morning dads; woke up above the ground instead of below it so I figured I better come to work.

Best of luck

We have those. About half the time the firecracker doesn't work and you just end up tearing the paper in half and dumping the toys everywhere. We would always sit around wearing the little paper crowns playing games all night.

You have people? I need to find people.
Again on phone, so not going to try to multiquote...

Thanks guys for all the well wishes. Next week might end up being my best vacation ever.

As I mentioned, if it happens, I'll have a special disdads guest room.

Is there any place in the US to get crackers that aren't outrageously priced? I've gotten them a few times, but I seem to recall them being somewhere around $4 each. I was introduced to them around '87 or '88...neighbor was British and introduced me to several customs and foods (bangers and mash and others). Never could do warm beer though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!