DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Parish picnic yesterday. Lots of work, people, and money. Tired.

Apart from that, not much on. West Ham are on the box, so that’s gonna be a bit painful. I’m still reeling from the fact that Keira Knightly (also a West Ham fan) tragically married a Spurs fan. She should be up a for a remake of “Sleeping with the enemy”.

I have a thing for Kiera Knightly or pirate Elizabeth Swan. I would have been a West Ham fan for her.

Generic or general question.

Do you think it's better to check in online or wait?

Online check in is nice when arriving late and receiving text of room # to go right to room. Otherwise, i check in in person to try and get what I want. I don't think chances are all that much different though.

Enjoy an afternoon of football All, English or American...doesn't matter.

DC United vs Red Bulls. Rooney us amazing to watch, even when he missed two goals.

Afternoon gents. Hope all are well. Enjoying start to our Adults only trip. Ran into Fave and better half yesterday and will hook again. About to meet up with Jeff Fry at AK. Have a good Sunday guys and hope Rob is safe.

Saw it on FB. Good meet up.

Last edited:

Morning gents (and Dan :lmao:). Mondays suck, but Mondays when you're leaving mid-day Friday seem a bit more tolerable. Went to the wholesale club yesterday and bought 2nd round of cards. I'm not sure if I'll get more, because that gives me $1050 in cards, which will cover all the meals and then some. Debating about getting more...aside from rental car, everything else is paid for, but might want more buffer for souvenirs and extra dole whips.

Wait, What, You were gone?!?
With friends like these... :rolleyes:
Hey Norm. How goes everything?

Morning gents (and Dan :lmao:). Mondays suck, but Mondays when you're leaving mid-day Friday seem a bit more tolerable. Went to the wholesale club yesterday and bought 2nd round of cards. I'm not sure if I'll get more, because that gives me $1050 in cards, which will cover all the meals and then some. Debating about getting more...aside from rental car, everything else is paid for, but might want more buffer for souvenirs and extra dole whips.

Yes, this would be a less sucky Monday given your circumstances. Have a blast!

Afternoon chaps (and Doc ;)) from a sunny London. Was a bit groggy this morning from watching the football last night, watched the future London team get their revenge on the Pats for the AFC championship. Also, the rip roaring high scoring cockney Irons won at Everton yesterday, so a I may be a few Pale Ales lighter in the fridge this morning.

What'd I miss???
Wait, what? You were gone?
How was Disney?
We have money? I suggest buying beer.
I've bought some for all of us. Just pop on over and we'll crack 'em open.
Went to the wholesale club yesterday and bought 2nd round of cards
Couldn't get enough of that BJ action, eh? Good on ya.
I like checking in in person. Find that I get my request more often then not that way. I feel the chances of them accommodating me is better in person then online.
I feel like I've arrived at my vacation, talking to a front desk. plus it takes us about 4 hours to get through MCO, so we are never at a time when we are going to be in early.
I didn't think yall knew how to properly cook meat over there. Congratulations.
Cheers. I've been low and slowing for years, I have a 8 year old bullet smoker which I'm looking to upgrade to a reverse flow, if the Lady K will sign it off. There's a bit of a sub culture over here, through facebook and stuff. Funny enough, Bunch of Swines, some guys on our British BBQ page, won the American Royal Invitational in KC over the weekend.
But you're sort of right, many times if you go to someone in the UK's house for a BBQ, they really mean a grill, and you are likely to get a hockey puck in a bun. Or dysentry.

Hey Londontime...Good win yesterday! (Referring to WHU, not Wolves---but our win was good too....)

I'm wondering how many people evacuated from the Hurricane to Disney. If the interstates are any indication the answer is..."a lot".

I have my trip coming up in three weeks, and boy am I ready.

Work Sucks.

Soccer is good.

I need a beer at 1003.

That is all for now.

Hey Londontime...Good win yesterday! (Referring to WHU, not Wolves---but our win was good too....)
Hey Fed, yep, got the monkey off our back. I watched the wolves game as well, you absolutely battered Burnley. I didn't go to you guys at ours the other week, so I missed the majesty of a 94th minute loss. Sorry about work, and you could always use the beer excuse that it's 4 O'clock in London and you are talking to me....

So, just when i thought the church picnic was over, it really wasn't over for me. Somehow, i got to be the lucky one to sell leftover burgoo, chicken, and potato salad at all three Masses yesterday. So, I loaded up our grocery shopping cart (out of business & not stolen) with gallon jugs of burgoo and a cart of trays of whole chickens and sold them X3. I am tired, my back hurts, and I'm resting today at my desk job. :lmao: :sad2: :crutches:

Morning gents (and Dan :lmao:). Mondays suck, but Mondays when you're leaving mid-day Friday seem a bit more tolerable. Went to the wholesale club yesterday and bought
2nd round of cards. I'm not sure if I'll get more, because that gives me $1050 in cards, which will cover all the meals and then some. Debating about getting more...aside from rental car, everything else is paid for, but might want more buffer for souvenirs and extra dole whips.

That's a lot of cards to keep up with.

Morning Dads:surfweb:. I would say happy Monday but we all know it would be a lie.

Happy Monday. It's better than not being able to say it.

Hey Norm. How goes everything?

!

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear. :lmao:

Actually, everything is about the same as usual.

Cheers. I've been low and slowing for years, I have a 8 year old bullet smoker which I'm looking to upgrade to a reverse flow, if the Lady K will sign it off. There's a bit of a sub culture over here, through facebook and stuff. Funny enough, Bunch of Swines, some guys on our British BBQ page, won the American Royal Invitational in KC over the weekend.
But you're sort of right, many times if you go to someone in the UK's house for a BBQ, they really mean a grill, and you are likely to get a hockey puck in a bun. Or dysentry.

I'm still watching the British Baking Show to figure it all out. Biscuits are cookies? Meat filling in pies? And Yorkshire pudding isn't pudding? It's all so confusing.

'Morning all...
Storm pretty much stayed northeast of us the whole time.
Good for us, bad for the Down-East. Those folks got pounded.

Hope all y'all are doing well

Glad to hear you survived the storms. Saw some of the footage of the roads washed away. :scared1:

Sadly the same thing happens here. Its all those Californians fault, they think anything to do with fire means BBQ.

I knew I liked you for a reason....
You sure about that?

Biscuits are cookies
Yes. But they are also crackers.
Meat filling in pies?
IF you ever make it over here, we are going for Pie & Mash, East End Style. Pie is with minced beef and there is a parsley sauce on top of it all called liquor. Which isn't hard spirits. Although that does sound interesting.
Yorkshire pudding isn't pudding?
This is not my area of expertise. Ask a proper Northerner like Lawson, or Jeff, who seems to be a bit of an expert on english food. I think they used to serve them as an appetiser before the Sunday roast, with Jam.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear. :lmao:
:rotfl::rotfl:
I am going back and watching Cheers on Netflix, I loved the Norm intro lines at the start of the episode. My 2 favorite are

Coach: How is life treating you Norm?
Norm: Like a baby treats a diaper

Sam: You want a beer Norm
Norm: Isnt it a little early?
Sam: For beer?
Norm: No for stupid questions.

This is not my area of expertise. Ask a proper Northerner like Lawson, or Jeff, who seems to be a bit of an expert on English food. I think they used to serve them as an appetiser before the Sunday roast, with Jam.
Just think of Yorkshire Pudding as biscuits and gravy. Its basically a simple biscuit with different gravy's depending on which course of the meal it is served with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter