DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

(I may be ignorant yet of how to post pictures, but I notice the details like post counts, and this gag won't work as soon as you reply)
Ah... so it is not ignorance it is post padding. We are on to your nefarious scheme now.

Eh? How does that work?
I earn 12hrs vacation time a month and it builds up to 216hrs max. Once I hit that amount I cant earn anymore. Since I don't ever take any big chunks of time off I have maxed it out.

Ah... so it is not ignorance it is post padding. We are on to your nefarious scheme now.
And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
I earn 12hrs vacation time a month and it builds up to 216hrs max. Once I hit that amount I cant earn anymore. Since I don't ever take any big chunks of time off I have maxed it out.
Gotcha. Sounds like you've earnt yourself a vacation there, sunshine.

And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

tumblr_mu3ngrdo7K1rvlp43o1_1280.jpg

Not if you have a good accountant

Ahhh, the lives of the rich and famous. I don't make enough money to spell accountant.

Thanks Norm and she was in CA for about 4 months right after getting married before his transfer / assignment to DC took place - didn;t want ya to think you were loosing it. Getting close to a year now for them in DC, man time flies. But on that note, DW was a bit misty eyed last night looking into the 2 empty bedrooms. Empty as in nobody home as DS still lives in his room part time and the girls still has all the furniture and a bunch of "stuff" she ain't moved out yet.........

:thumbsup2

I caught that one too :rotfl:

Well, i only lost it by a year or so. Thanks.

You dont have to make him feel better, he lost it years ago.

it.

Or maybe never had it.

Did you see his front? Not as pleasant. :rotfl2:

All are welcome here and good to have you back...although for me, since I came in later, you're sorta new for me. Is this the same Carl I'm looking forward to meeting and playing pool with at DDCC7?

:lmao: I do think that is be the same Carl you are going to play pool with:thumbsup2.

Annual Pass Holder Alert*******

Seems like Maria & Enzo's also Enzo's Hideaway are offering a 40% discount Mon - Sat Lunch Only till Dec 31st. I have a ADR in for this:thumbsup2

Started prepping walls and ceiling for new paints today, so am watching Youtube on Disney.
Walls I can deal with - don't enjoy it, but I can deal with it - but ceilings I can't stand doing.

Seems that the track for the thing is now trending more westerly to hit Wilmington and then meander into into SC bound toward Columbia. That still keeps the northwest side of the storm doing its worst in the NC Lowlands, but it raises our chances for potential flooding. It should stall once in comes inland though, so at least the winds will have time to slow down before it gets in toward where I am. Wont stop it from dropping an ungodly amount of water on us though.
It seems like the strength is being downgraded (category 2 last I heard) but I am sure it will still be a rough one. I hope the best for everyone.

But (s)he does have a lovely pair of bristols.
I thought it was baps?
Is that still a saying? It was in Aberdeen 20 years ago....

Okay guys...non-Disney vent. Feel free to skip over if you'd like.

Had an appointment for a physical. Nothing complicated, just a physical. Wanted to see how my numbers look after all the weight loss.
Get there 10 minutes early (I always try to be early). 30 minutes after the appointment time, still NOTHING. Go to the receptionist and she asks me if I want to re-schedule. I say no, I'd like my time to be considered at all important and respected and walked out.

I'll buy 100 dole whips for anyone who could point me to a doctor that's worth a flying BLEEP and gives a BLEEP about their patients. At this point, I'm thinking even if it's in another state, it's worth it.

(Okay, rant over).
00 dole whips? for 100 dole whips you may call me doctor Carl. I have no medical training but I have slept in a holiday inn express.. I also care very much for those buying dole whips

be safe all my eastern brothers. People that are inland may find themselves with ocean front views in the next couple of days.Be carefull

Did you see his front? Not as pleasant. :rotfl2:

All are welcome here and good to have you back...although for me, since I came in later, you're sorta new for me. Is this the same Carl I'm looking forward to meeting and playing pool with at DDCC7?
Wow Looking forward to ??? your standards are pretty low lol The only person I have known to look forward to meeting me is Randal. The only reason he looks forward to meeting me is because. the sooner he meets me the sooner he can say goodbye

Last edited:
Wow Looking forward to ??? your standards are pretty lol The only person I have know to look forward to meeting me is Randal. The only reason he looking forward to meeting me is because the sooner he meets me the sooner he can say goodbye
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::laughing::laughing::laughing::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I thought it was baps?
It can be.

Baps
Funbags
Thrupennies (thru'ppeny bits)
Bristols (bristol citys)
Charlies
Knockers
Top boll0x

Are all acceptable. Thru'pennies and Bristols are London centric, as they are rhyming slang.

Here endeth the lesson.
Go in peace my brothers.

Last edited:
It can be.

Baps
Funbags
Thrupennies (thru'uppeny bits)
Bristols (bristol citys)
Charlies
Knockers
Top boll0x

Are all acceptable. Thru'pennies and Bristols are London centric, as they are rhyming slang.

Here endeth the lesson.
Go in peace my brothers.

Okay, I confess I don't understand most of these...Funbags, knockers top boll0x I've either heard of or make sense. Thrupennies or Bristols, not seeing how that's a ryhming thing, but we'll save that conversation for when we can meet. Charlies totally makes no sense to me...why would you name something so wonderful after a strange looking prince? :rotfl2: Sorry, probably shouldn't poke fun at your royal family, but he does look kinda goofy. Baps is also a bit confusing...at least for me.

Morning Gentlemen.

Beautiful Thursday morning up here, headed for the mid 30s again today, that's over 90 for all you southern folk. Otherwise just another day at work.

Have a good one!

'Morning all...
New Day - New Forecast
Ol' Ma' Nature do be fickle.

Considering love can be addicting or drugs can be addicting, makes perfect sense.
Well, no, not really, but sounded good.
Makes perfect sense.
They really are basically the same thing.

Your tax rate is higher though for your free medical care.
But I wonder which would be worse; the total increase to my tax bill, or the six-to seven grand it costs me yearly to carry insurance (not counting the near equivalent amount my employer pays for their half of that insurance)

Not if you have a good accountant
One of the many privileges of wealth.

I don't make enough money to spell accountant.
:lmao: I sing in that choir.

It seems like the strength is being downgraded (category 2 last I heard) but I am sure it will still be a rough one. I hope the best for everyone.
Saw that.
This one is all about the rain.
Eastern NC is still the area that has the most worries.
The rest of us will just need to keep a close eye on the river banks.

it will be fairly bad, but unlikely to become the worst one I've ever dealt with.

This may be one of the most important posts I’ve read here.
Proof that there may actually be a reason to read some of the commentary 'round here.

Charlies totally makes no sense to me...why would you name something so wonderful after a strange looking prince? :rotfl2: Sorry, probably shouldn't poke fun at your royal family, but he does look kinda goofy.
220px-King_Charles_II_by_John_Michael_Wright_or_studio.jpg
I'm pretty sure it was after this splendid specimen of our history. Charles II. He loved a cheeky party, and had more than one eye for the ladies.
(Poke fun all you like mate, I have no love for the German dynasty). He picked an interesting name, our current Charlie, as he will be Charles III.

Charles I - Executed by Parliament/Cromwell at Banqueting House, ending 500 years of Monarchical government
Charles II - Exiled for 10 years during the interregnum, came back, knocked up half of the gentry, oversaw the Plague and the Great Fire of London.

So not a great track record.

But I wonder which would be worse; the total increase to my tax bill, or the six-to seven grand it costs me yearly to carry insurance (not counting the near equivalent amount my employer pays for their half of that insurance)

I think in the end it would be close to the same thing. The big difference is that we don't have to worry about paying for a procedure or going bankrupt because of a serious illness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter