DD or BW first night?

MaggieMouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

My kids (8, 1.5) and I will be arriving late afternoon for our trip to WDW. We've been to DD several times but never to the Boardwalk.

What is the Boardwalk like? I know there are places to eat, but is it like a "real" boardwalk. I'm from Jersey and I've been to AC, Wildwood, Point Pleasant ... etc.. Is it like that? With all the games and stuff? Or is it just shopping? Do they have entertainment for kids? I want our first night to be special so I thought this would be a nice change.,

Thanks!

There are a few games, and some boardwalk venders. I have never been to Atlantic City, but it is nothing like it from what I know. It does have a mini grocery store which was nice to buy a few things, and some places to eat. I also think there is a dance place there, and a comedy stage. I think we went after 9pm and everything except the crepe stand was closed. The restaurants and a few shops were still open as well.....Its more of a relaxing walk along the water. DD is very alive compared to this, and has MANY more things to see and do.

Hello MaggieMouse-
The best way to put it is "Jersey it ain't", It is a nice place to stop by during your resort hopping, there are some things to do. DD is by far much better with more distractions for the kids. Did you ever do Chef Mickeys inside the Contemporary Resort? Your kids would probably love it.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think we'll stick with DD for the first night. Maybe we'll get to try BW later in the week.

Mark & sandra - Yes we've done Chef Mickey's and I love it. But I'm trying to give some of the other places a try. I have O'hana's for breakfast on Sunday so I don't want to do a character dinner the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter