DCP Work Location

You mean that they changed his role completely? As someone who only marked interest in one role (attractions), I would assume that it's safe to say the same wouldn't happen to me, but I would have thought whatever role was in the offer letter couldn't be changed for anything (aside from medical reasons, etc.)?

And yes, whether it's a ride, show, turnstiles, or even a parking lot (with my luck, I'd be the one to get that, lol!) I'm more than prepared to work anywhere on property and know that I would grow to love it!
You won't know the specific place you are going to be until you get to Casting! Yes, once you're onboarded, other CMs that are already there can see where you are going to be put...generally speaking anyway. This is what happened to my dd...we knew a few CMs down there already. So, I got an email from one telling me that she knew where my dd would be placed, I asked her, saying I wouldn't tell dd. She was going to AK, in Africa. We told her, and she promised to keep her mouth closed, which she did. That was about 3 weeks prior to arrival. But, about 10 days later, she got a text from a friend that works there, telling her she was going to be in DHS. The area was over by the Little Mermaid attraction, Launch Bay, etc. But, the day before she got there, someone else told us that she was gong to be over by Star Tours!!! The poor kid was so confused.
So, yeah, it can, and does change...depending on the need Disney has.

As everyone above mentioned, it could go anyway. My two programs, I specifically requested Backlands at Studios and then Epcot (particularly Mousegear but never stated that) and I was placed in both. However, I was also wanting photopass and I pushed it really hard and could never get it.

As others said, other casts can look you up, just be careful. If it's a location it'll say but some areas (like mousegear) is it's own entity so. It'll give you the park for sure, but attractions is pretty broad until you show up.

As everyone above mentioned, it could go anyway. My two programs, I specifically requested Backlands at Studios and then Epcot (particularly Mousegear but never stated that) and I was placed in both. However, I was also wanting photopass and I pushed it really hard and could never get it.

As others said, other casts can look you up, just be careful. If it's a location it'll say but some areas (like mousegear) is it's own entity so. It'll give you the park for sure, but attractions is pretty broad until you show up.
And even the park can change!!! Dd's park changed about a week before she arrived! Then, her spot in the park kept changing!!

I discussed spieling attractions during my interview, and wound up getting TSM. It all worked out though, as I was able to extend my CP at GMR

Posting your location is fine. If you want to cover your butt just put a signature that says your postings and opinions are all your own and are not affiliated with the Disney Company in any official capacity. The information you provided (unless you changed it drastically after the edit) is only stuff every CP knows at acceptance which is their area and that is okay to show.

Also for anyone who is just accepted and hasn't gotten down yet know even your area can change. I had a friend who was assigned to front gate (or whatever the parking lot, entry cms, etc are all under) but when he arrived he was custodial. He got himself on a bad list on Disney's side though because he threatened lawsuit to be able to move out of custodial. He was shocked for some reason when Disney denied him an extension or to stay and when he hasn't gotten a job with them since. Can't imagine why (note my sarcasm on that)

I start my program in August and someone in HR told me my location because I had filled out my religious accommodation form and got it approved!! I originally posted revealing my location but then took it down because I didn’t know if we were allowed to announce that and got paranoid. Did I do the right thing by deleting it? Or will I get terminated?? HELP!

I start my program in August and someone in HR told me my location because I had filled out my religious accommodation form and got it approved!! I originally posted revealing my location but then took it down because I didn’t know if we were allowed to announce that and got paranoid. Did I do the right thing by deleting it? Or will I get terminated?? HELP!

I think you did the right thing by deleting it, but I also don't think you'd get terminated in this specific situation. Someone from the company told you what your location was in advance, presumably in direct fulfillment of your religious accommodation, you didn't go out trying to find it. Unless someone at HR told you specifically to keep your location off of social media until your program started, you didn't violate any rules to my knowledge.

Enjoy your program!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!