DCP- Disability

LucyNarniafan21

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I need your advice if I can. I am thinking about applying for the Disney College Program soon but I am concerned they will not accept me because i have a disability. I dreamed about this for a while ever since I went to Disney World back in 2013. I'm just worried they won't be very inclusive. What advice do you guys have for me because I really want to do the program.

All help is appreciated guys!

Hi Lucy!

The Disney College Program has accepted many, many applicants with different abilities in the past! Depending on the nature of your disability, they also have special housing options for wheelchair and ECV users. When you apply for the program, I would mention your disability in your phone interview so that if you get accepted, you're placed in the role that best suits your abilities. Good luck!

Just keep in mind ADA covers reasonable accommodations. So an unreasonable accommodation at WDW would be to not have to interact with guests ever. What I would do in your situation is think over what your strengths are and look at the available roles. If you know something stresses you out, then put that as no interest. I am Deaf so I made sure when I applied to the DCP that I put no interest in QSFB or any sort of food service. Even on the phone interview sometimes they will bring it up - I made it clear that I would absolutely not accept QSFB. So the important thing is to know yourself, figure out what sort of roles would play to your strengths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!