DCP Application Status Question

Zippa D Doodah

<font color=red>Suffering from Fairy Alienation.
DD applied for CP last night. i understand that the statuses shift pretty quickly. What should she be looking for in terms of response for the application? What indicates success?

My DD applied Wednesday night. Her resume and past job experience and skills look great, IMO!!! She is "in submission". Hope she hears something soon. It it may be weeks.

My DD said a lot of people on the DCP Fall 2017 facebook page are in submission... she is very bummed and disappointed.... it's going to be a long And stressful time waiting to hear if her application moves forward or if she is denied.

You want to see in progress or action required. In progress means you're waiting for them to tell you what to do next, which is action required. I applied and it said in progress then action required and I got the email for the WBI. After I took the WBI itstayed in Action Required for me to schedule the phone interview. It's back to in progress and I have my interview tomorrow so after that I just don't want to see No longer in Consideration.

My DD said a lot of people on the DCP Fall 2017 facebook page are in submission... she is very bummed and disappointed.... it's going to be a long And stressful time waiting to hear if her application moves forward or if she is denied.[

guinea pig, my daughter was also in the facebook group, is also "in submission" and said the same thing. One of the kids sent an email to Disney asking about it. I didn't see her email to them however my daughter sent me screen shots of Disney's response. I don't want to post it here (it has the students name on it) and I have no idea how to send a private message but it essentially said they would all be considered. It made my daughter feel a little better (I no longer drink the Disney Kool-Aid so I'm not sure how I feel about it). Anyway, tell her to look on "in submission" facebook page that the kids went to. If you want to see the response but she can't find it, let me know and I'll figure out how to get it to you so she may feel a little better too.[/QUOTE]

She did join the "in submission" facebook page too so hopefully she saw the post you are talking about....she's a college senior and graduates in May so she still can apply for Spring 2018 if things don't work out this time!! Good Luck to all who applied!!

According to the official blogs and other past DCP participants-as long as progress bar doesn't say NLIC all apps are still being considered. Seems some just move through the stages quicker.

I am trying to stay positive for her .....I really think she would be a great CM! She even put Custodial as High Interest!!!

My daughter went from "In Submission" to WBI tonight. She then did the web interview and is now scheduled for a phone interview

According to my daughter, some of the applicants who have completed the phone interview are receiving acceptance letters already.

Last year, my dd applied on Jan 12, the day apps dropped. She applied late in the afternoon. She was moved on to the WBI about an hour after her original application was submitted. Then, about an hour after the WBI, she got the notice to set up a PI....she did that the next Tuesday. Then, she didn't hear anything until mid-Feb...when she got her acceptance email! But.....there were a bunch of kids that made it to the PI and then sat 'in submission' for months!!! Some didn't hear anything until the very last day!!! Even then, they were told they had been put on a waiting list!!! Then, a few just waited until mid-late July to hear anything! It was crazy!!!!
I'm just not sure why some kids move more quickly while others, who seem to be very similar to those accepted, sit and wait, in submission!!! It's the same thing with applying for extensions....there were many kids that had the same 'experience and qualities' my dd has, but they were denied!!! I think my kid is pretty terrific, but I'm her mom...I'm supposed to think that. I don't expect everyone else in the world to think she's all that and a bag of chips!!! So, while I'm thrilled she is making her life at WDW (hopefully getting perm. work this spring!!) for the life of me, I can't see what about her stood out to Disney when many others have very similar qualities!!!! It's mind boggling!
Good luck to all the kids applying now...I'm so glad that's behind us.

DD had her phone interview today. She was very pleased with it. She had prepped by looking at some interviews online and even doing some mock interviews. Interviewer told her that everyone will know by the end of March

The time lines are really sporadic. Some people will get their WBI with in minutes to hours of submission. Some will get in progress and then days to weeks later go to WBI or NIC. The only one that is pretty instantaneous is the WBI to phone interview or NIC. I know mine happened all with in a few days I got WBI with in hours, scheduled the phone interview a couple days after that, and was accepted about 2 weeks after the phone interview. A few other people had the same experience but then didn't get NIC until the very end it just sat in submission after their phone interview. Even more that were in progress until the very end and then is switch to NIC.

I will say it doesn't happen often but if you get a phone interview and then nic you child may not actually be 100% out. In my program very last minute they gave about 100 kids another shot even after they were NIC. I guess a lot of kids that were suppose to show up in the beginning ended up not so the CP program was short handed and so they went back through the files and offered positions to people who were originally turned down. It was kind of crazy to hear.

Some Acceptance waves have been sent out. My DD got Custodial for Fall! We are now planning on an August trip (she starts August 7th) and a Thanksgiving trip so far.

The time lines are really sporadic. Some people will get their WBI with in minutes to hours of submission. Some will get in progress and then days to weeks later go to WBI or NIC. The only one that is pretty instantaneous is the WBI to phone interview or NIC. I know mine happened all with in a few days I got WBI with in hours, scheduled the phone interview a couple days after that, and was accepted about 2 weeks after the phone interview. A few other people had the same experience but then didn't get NIC until the very end it just sat in submission after their phone interview. Even more that were in progress until the very end and then is switch to NIC.

I will say it doesn't happen often but if you get a phone interview and then nic you child may not actually be 100% out. In my program very last minute they gave about 100 kids another shot even after they were NIC. I guess a lot of kids that were suppose to show up in the beginning ended up not so the CP program was short handed and so they went back through the files and offered positions to people who were originally turned down. It was kind of crazy to hear.
Last year, for Fall 2016, there were a lot of kids that stayed 'in progress' right up until the last day. Then, they were put on a wait list!!! Seems Disney wanted to have kids that they could plug in right up until the last minute! Not very fair to those kids that were trying to decide what to do about fall classes/jobs! But, it's what happened.

In the 4 years I have been watching this, they have almost always sent out acceptances to the shorter program first...not all but most. Then they work on the acceptances for the longer program. So if you applied for fall or Spring, there's a good chance you will hear before those who applied for fall advantage or spring advantage. I have often wondered if they are figuring out the extensions before taking the "advantage" kids. Those time frames seem to overlap the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!