DCL Transfer from WDW Resort Hotel?

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
We are heading to WDW earlier than expected as a friend is getting married and having her wedding through DCL. We are staying a few days prior at WDW (BCV or AKV).

I know the Minnie Van option is available to book through DCL, as are the regular port-transfers.

All travel groups are using different travel agents. There will be six of us going (at least)...

Do we have to book the transfer through the travel agent or can it be booked directly with DCL? We aren't sure if we would book the Minnie Van or the regular bus transfer and if we end up at different hotels, is there a way the Minnie Van can pick us up at different hotels but we use the same van for the same price ($240 + tip)?

The Minnie Van shows up as a change to the reservation (it appears in the total cruise price under Disney transfers) so I am thinking it would need to go through one of the travel agents but I don't have direct experience. I don't know about multiple resort pickups--but if it isn't possible you can use internal Disney transportation or ubers to meet up at a single hotel.

Thanks for your help!
I have to check with our travel buddies to see what they want to do.

Do they run out of space on the DCL bus?

Thanks for your help!
I have to check with our travel buddies to see what they want to do.

Do they run out of space on the DCL bus?

You have to reserve the dcl transfer in advance. The day before they will deliver a letter to your resort room about pick-up time and location. So, no, they don't run out of space. If you are staying at different resorts, you won't necessarily be on the same bus or picked up at the same time.

You can book a limo for less then the Minnie Van would cost you. There are plenty of companies that can do private transfers from WDW to the port if you don't want to use the bus. Have fun.

I took the Minnie van from the WDW resort in August. Our travel agent was not able to book the Minnie van. My travel agent tried to book it, but The Disney transportation service would only deal with me. My travel agent had to give them my number and they called me and left a message. I was surprised because so many other things Disney will only handle with the travel agent if you use one. So before I called the number back, I called my travel agent and was told that indeed she was informed that I had to arrange the Minnie van transportation. I called the number and was able to arrange everything. The transportation service was really easy to deal with. They even called me the day before the cruise to review everything and to let me know the next morning I would receive more emails from them. I loved taking the Minnie van. I can't answer your question about picking up from different resorts.

I took the Minnie van from the WDW resort in August. Our travel agent was not able to book the Minnie van. My travel agent tried to book it, but The Disney transportation service would only deal with me. My travel agent had to give them my number and they called me and left a message. I was surprised because so many other things Disney will only handle with the travel agent if you use one. So before I called the number back, I called my travel agent and was told that indeed she was informed that I had to arrange the Minnie van transportation. I called the number and was able to arrange everything. The transportation service was really easy to deal with. They even called me the day before the cruise to review everything and to let me know the next morning I would receive more emails from them. I loved taking the Minnie van. I can't answer your question about picking up from different resorts.

WOW! That is interesting to hear. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still trying to convince the others to take the Minnie Van. It looks like DCL bus transportation increased to $39/one way and $78 round trip, with the Minnie Van still at $240. If that's the case and we have six for pick-up, then it's not that much more expensive to do the Minnie Van. I am sure we can all arrange to be at the same resort!

One more question about Minnie Van service.....do they take the luggage themselves to the ship to check-in or is that something we have to do?

One couple probably won't be joining us in the Minnie Van, but her relatives expect to be staying near us so they may join with...or I guess we will take the bus (really hoping for Minnie Van!)

Is the Minnie Van a flat rate of $240 from a WDW resort to Port Canaveral? We only have 2 adults and a 1 year old so I'm not sure that's cost effective. I hate to take the bus though and not get to the port until like 1pm

Is the Minnie Van a flat rate of $240 from a WDW resort to Port Canaveral? We only have 2 adults and a 1 year old so I'm not sure that's cost effective. I hate to take the bus though and not get to the port until like 1pm

Yes, flat rate of $240. So it's worth it if you have 6 people going since bus is $39/pp (but you may not have to pay for the 1 year old)

More accurately, that is the base rate (tip is not included). Definitely not cost effective for you as your 1 year old is free on the DCL bus so that is only $78 total for you.

Five and up seems to be where the price becomes more comparable

Argh yeah, that doesn't seem worth it. I know a regular Uber is like $80 but I don't know if they have car seats. I just don't want to wait on the bus and get there in the afternoon

Argh yeah, that doesn't seem worth it. I know a regular Uber is like $80 but I don't know if they have car seats. I just don't want to wait on the bus and get there in the afternoon
I'll just point out that boarding, typically, doesn't begin until 11:15-11:30 with the bulk of guests onboard by about 12:30-1:00. Even if you're at the port at 9:30, you're not going to get onboard until 11:30ish at the earliest. The difference between boarding at 11:30 or 1:00 is really not a major one.

You have to reserve the dcl transfer in advance. The day before they will deliver a letter to your resort room about pick-up time and location. So, no, they don't run out of space. If you are staying at different resorts, you won't necessarily be on the same bus or picked up at the same time.
Our travel parties are staying at AKV and POR. Can the party at POR request to be picked up at AKV so we can travel on same bus?

This will be our 8th Disney cruise :) When we took the bus before, we didn't get onboard until after lunch ended and we weren't happy. My port arrival time that I picked is between 10:45am and 11:15am, and I'll be running the Marathon the day prior, so I want to get onboard and star relaxing :)

You can book a limo for less then the Minnie Van would cost you. There are plenty of companies that can do private transfers from WDW to the port if you don't want to use the bus. Have fun.

What private companies are good? I know of Happy Limo, Florida Limos/Tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts