DCL popcorn milk allergy

hamm1207

Alaskan DIS Veteran
Our daughter has a milk allergy, and one of the few snacks she can enjoy at WDW is the popcorn. I was wondering if anyone knows if the popcorn on the cruises is dairy free as well? Thanks!

Our daughter has a milk allergy, and one of the few snacks she can enjoy at WDW is the popcorn. I was wondering if anyone knows if the popcorn on the cruises is dairy free as well? Thanks!
Not sure. Much of the popcorn (that you buy in the gift shops) is pre-packaged, so it should have an ingredient list on it. The popcorn at the theater - fresh made, but may have butter (or butter-flavor) on it. You can ask there about dairy (if they know).

I think, though I'm not positive, that the fresh-popped stuff at the theatre has actual butter but the pre-packaged stuff uses oil and flavouring as do most pre-packaged popcorns (which is annoying because they now all use sunflower oil and I'm allergic to that!). Best to check obviously but also good to be prepared for disappointment.

When I have seen them make popcorn, they appear to be using popcorn packs like at movie theatres. It's probably coconut oil and flavacol (seasoned salt). But, you should ask just to make sure.

When I have seen them make popcorn, they appear to be using popcorn packs like at movie theatres. It's probably coconut oil and flavacol (seasoned salt). But, you should ask just to make sure.

yes, while waiting in line I watched them dump something similar to this into the hopper...

91QchdnrEpL._SY550_.jpg

I have an anaphylaxsis allergy to milk, peanut, tree nuts and seafood. The popcorn freshly popped at the theatre has been safe each time we have sailed with Disney (Dream, Fantasy). Each cruise, I will wander by when they aren't busy (usually as they are opening/setting up when there is no line and they are kind of relaxed) and explain I have food allergies and ask if I can see the ingredient info -- they hand me the package. On our last cruise on the Fantasy in December 2017, it was the same as the stuff WDW uses for the parks.

"Buttery" flavour, but not actual butter, just like at most movie theatres :-)

But, always check, to be safe.

SW

I have an anaphylaxsis allergy to milk, peanut, tree nuts and seafood. The popcorn freshly popped at the theatre has been safe each time we have sailed with Disney (Dream, Fantasy). Each cruise, I will wander by when they aren't busy (usually as they are opening/setting up when there is no line and they are kind of relaxed) and explain I have food allergies and ask if I can see the ingredient info -- they hand me the package. On our last cruise on the Fantasy in December 2017, it was the same as the stuff WDW uses for the parks.

"Buttery" flavour, but not actual butter, just like at most movie theatres :-)

But, always check, to be safe.

SW

Thanks for the report and suggestion about when to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter