DCL Placeholder

snoopywoodstockus

Mouseketeer
We cruised on the Dream in Jan 19. We opted to do the placeholder while on the cruise.

It will expire in Jan 21. Has Disney extended placeholders due to Covid-19?

We are looking at a Dec or Jan Cruise, so it probably wouldn't be an issue anyway.

Thanks

We cruised on the Dream in Jan 19. We opted to do the placeholder while on the cruise.

We are looking at a Dec or Jan Cruise, so it probably wouldn't be an issue anyway.

Thanks

People have reported asking for extensions and being told no. But, things could change in the future.

I was told no. Mine will expire end of March 2021
I booked a trip 11 weeks after that and I asked if It was possible. Don’t lose hope information changes all the time. 🤞

Thanks
There were recent reports that any currently expiring placeholders are being extended to Dec 2020. That won't help you, but they could change it.

https://disboards.com/threads/quest...window-and-covid.3798245/page-2#post-61960703

Thanks
We also purchased a placeholder, but during a Jan 9, 2019 Wonder sailing. I waited a few days until Jan 13th to purchase the placeholder to give is a few extra days of wiggle room since we would definitely travel in January two years later.
Disney will not let it stretch past the two year mark. At least that’s what most of the posts say, I have no idea how many exceptions if any have occurred.
Since our next sailing is currently January 11th 2021 we will only sail if we can get the vaccine in time. Covid would kill my father 77, a cancer survivor with a transplant and all other Covid complications. So although I’m currently unclear on PIF dates and what’s covered with Disney and other insurance options, I too hope a January sailing will work but I’m not too sure. I’m feeling a little 60/40 or 40/60 depending on the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!