DCL Oceaneer Club & Cardiac Kid

TimR573

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
We have our first DCL cruise booked for February vacation next year, and I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with having a child with a diagnosis in Oceaneer Club. Our 6 year old was born with dilated cardiomyopathy - she's stable, has been for a long time, and doesn't have restrictions. However - we do always make sure babysitters, camp, etc knows about her diagnosis because we want them to notify us if anything becomes "off" with her so to speak (shortness of breath, complaining of chest pains, etc)

What I was wondering is - when I go to check in next week and register her and her sister for Oceaneer club, is this going to become a huge production where they are asking for letters from her physicians, or is it as simple as putting a note to call us if there's any unusual problems?

TIA!

I think you'll be fine. Explain to the CMs and have a note placed on her record. If she regularly participates in "regular" kid activities -- school, daycare, camp, maybe sports or clubs, etc. -- with no problem, she should be fine at the Club/Lab. Just be aware that they are unable to give her any closer supervision than the group in general and kids aren't assigned to a specific CM, rather the CMs supervise an area or activity and the kids are welcome to move around as they choose (also the CMs rotate as well). But they won't be asking for a doctor's note.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!