DCL Forum a Breath of Fresh Air

MTMom

Disney Addict
I know that a webmaster may move this, but I just had to say that the DisBoards (especially the DCL forum) is absolutely the BEST discussion format on the web. I am taking my family to WDW and then on a Disney cruise in a few weeks, and have gotten an incredible amount of valuable info off these boards. And the icing on the cake is that the responses are the friendliest, helpfulist (is that a word?), encouragingist (probably not a word), and all around most wonderfulist EVER! I'm taking a "girl" trip to France shortly after my Disney trip, so I've been spending some time on European travel boards (English speaking) and have been offended and bashed countless times for asking "stupid" and "repetitive" questions. Just wanted to let everyone know to keep it up and whatever you do, grow a thick skin before you enter the evil world of European travel discussion groups on the worldwide web (and bring a dictionary of 4 letter words too)! Maybe someone can recommend a "user friendly" European discussion format for me to try, I've still got tons of unanswered questions. Thanks Everyone!

I feel exactly the same way as you. It's nice to see these boards appreciated!!!

MJ

Now why would we move this, MTMom? :D

Thanks for the kind words; our moderators do work hard to ensure this is a friendly, helpful site and the folks that post here speak for themselves...the vast majority ARE friendly and helpful! :)

I wish I knew of a Eurpoean discussion forum where you did not have to wear a flame-retardant suit, but the only one I know is our UK DIS boards. Although these boards are devoted to Disney, if you have questions about England I know the people there will be happy to help:

http://www.wdwinfo.co.uk/boards/

Good luck! :)

I LOVE being a part of this DIS family!!!

I also enjoy posting on the Inspiration Board. I'm working hard on losing some weight and find the support on the IB to be tremendous! Check out the WISH thread over there (We're Inspiring to Stay Healthy!).

I don't post very often on the Community Board -- but I do enjoy reading the posts over there occasionally.

BUT nothing beats the Cruise Boards here on the DIS!
:)

What I meant when I said that my post will probably be moved was that you might move it to the "inspiration" or "thanks" forum. But I'm glad you didn't! Thanks Michelle for brightening up my day!

Hi MTMom!
I live in the UK and know a bit about Continental Europe so feel free to bombard me with as many "stupid" and "repetitive" questions as you like (PM or email me)!!!!!!!!!

Probably wouldn't be able to answer them all but happy to help all I can (without 4 letter words!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter