DCA expansion permanently closes several attractions

barefootmomma

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is all very well known already or not, just saw it today with the official closing dates of particular attractions and areas of the park. Wanted to pass it along for anyone who hasn't yet seen it! :)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...tinues-with-goofy’s-sky-school-and-cars-land/

Exciting changes continue at Disney California Adventure park. In June, “World of Color” began making a nighttime splash at the park and Silly Symphony Swings began offering a musical ride in Paradise Pier.
As you might already know, Goofy’s Sky School will add even more fun to Paradise Pier in 2011. The attraction is inspired by the 1940 cartoon short, “Goofy’s Glider.” It’s a flying academy that follows Goofy’s attempts to teach a group of novice pilots how to fly.
While you might have heard about the attraction, I know there’s one thing I know you haven’t seen … and that’s Goofy dreaming about the new attraction that’s being created in his honor. Take a look at this video and let us know what you think in the comments.

In order for Mickey and Goofy to get ready for this transformation, Mulholland Madness will close October 12, and the last time guests can go for a spin on Disney’s version of Mulholland Drive is October 11. For those who want to get a final scream on Maliboomer, you better hurry. Guests will blast off for the final time September 6, as the attraction will be closed on September 7.
We’ve also shared news here on the Blog about the 12-acre Cars Land expansion due in 2012. You might be interested in knowing that the last day to experience Bountiful Valley Farms will be September 7 as it will close September 8 to help pave the way for Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.

For all the news you need to know about the changes at Disney California Adventure park, visit disneycaliforniaadventure.com or stop by the Blue Sky Cellar next time you’re in the park.
As excited as I am about seeing “World of Color” now and thinking about all that’s coming to Disney California Adventure park, I want to know what your favorite thing is to do in the park today. Please let us know in the comments.

What exactly is/was the Bountiful Valley Farms..? Was that near Bugs Land? o_O

What exactly is/was the Bountiful Valley Farms..? Was that near Bugs Land? o_O

It is basicly a tractor parked behind a railing and a display stand with pictures of vegetables and a few picnic tables. :sad2: I was just commenting this past trip that they need to do something there. It was sort of near Bugs Land. It looks like something you would see at the county fair.

I'm happy to hear they are putting it to better use! :thumbsup2

It is easy to miss and I only noticed it because it seemed like such a silly waste of space. A throw back to the days when they slapped the park together.

Does anyone get exactly what they are doing to Mullholand ride? Are they retheming it or completely redoing it? I was confused.

Noooooooooooooo! I love the Maliboomer! In fact, it's my "mechanical chiropractor" that lifts my spine after so many trips on Screamin! :scared1:

For those who want to get a final scream on Maliboomer, you better hurry. Guests will blast off for the final time September 6, as the attraction will be closed on September 7.

I won't even get a chance to ride it again, since my next visit home to DLR/DCA isn't until mid-September. :sad:

The Farm area and The San Fransisco area are the same to me I dont understand there purpose other then photo opportunity and an area to walk through between rides. I love Muhulland madness even though its one of the catalog ordered rides at least with he goofy themeing it will be a little more disney. As far as the Maliboomer is concerned I never understood why it was there to begin with and I didn't really enjoy it :confused3

In the Blue Sky Cellar we saw drawings of what they will do with Mul.Madness. It will be Goofy's Sky School and is similar to the old "how to" cartoons they used to have with Goofy. It looked like you see signs that say "Step 1" and then have something funny on them. While that is better than it is now, I hope they do more than just put up signs. At least a cloud tunnel or some character statues or something. :confused3

I always found it ironic that the only purpose for the San Fransisco area is to use the bathrooms. Are they trying to make a point? I do have to say, thatthey are very good bathrooms though. They have those neat hand dryers.

It is basicly a tractor parked behind a railing and a display stand with pictures of vegetables and a few picnic tables. :sad2: I was just commenting this past trip that they need to do something there. It was sort of near Bugs Land. It looks like something you would see at the county fair.

I'm happy to hear they are putting it to better use! :thumbsup2

Its more than this; It had a restaurant, and some fields(flower/vegatable beds), there is also a water play area with pipes, though I'm not sure if that is staying or going. Bascially it will be the area from the entrance to Flicks funfare and the wharf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter