DC Trainer for a Day – Expensive but Very Cool

cj9200

DIS Dad #412
Hey Guys,

I am writing this as I listen to your pod cast report on Discovery Cove. My now 13 YO daughter and I have gone three times with the last one in the Trainer for a Day program this summer. Although very expensive it is worth it if you can splurge.

You are assigned an actual trainer who accompanies you throughout the day. My daughter loves marine life and is a certified diver. She took full advantage of interacting with “Alf” (the nickname of our trainer). In addition to the personal attention the TFAD program gives you an opportunity to feed both the rays and the fish at the reef. You also get to go back stage where we saw a baby dolphin that was less than a month old. There were two trainers watching mother and child and Alf told us they recorded everything that happened with the baby 24 hours a day.

You also get a second swim with the dolphins. This time with two dolphins. They brought out CJ (my namesake and I think they brought him out for CJ to meet CJ). The other dolphin, Latoya was the dominate female for the pod and CJ is terrified of her. Alf described her as a bully. You have a picture posed with both dolphins and CJ (not me the dolphin) kept his eye on Latoya the entire time. I could feel just from touching him he was very wary. They also have you pulled by both dolphins and you really move.

All in all we had a great time and would do it again in a year or two. If anyone has any questions on the experience, I would be glad to offer my insight.

Sorry for the long babbling but your report brought back great memories. New to your site and I enjoy the give and take between all of you. Keep it up.

CJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter