Daytime Television

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
I'm home today because it is a civic holiday here - Family Day, which for us in our season of life is just a much appreciated day off rather than a celebration.

I've been flipping through the tv channels as I veg and I can't find a single thing worth watching. Just a bunch of insipid "talk" shows, the odd soap opera and tons of syndicated re-runs. Thank goodness for my DVR list and streaming services. :happytv:

Does anybody actually watch daytime tv? If so, what do you like?

I'm home today because it is a civic holiday here - Family Day, which for us in our season of life is just a much appreciated day off rather than a celebration.

I've been flipping through the tv channels as I veg and I can't find a single thing worth watching. Just a bunch of insipid "talk" shows, the odd soap opera and tons of syndicated re-runs. Thank goodness for my DVR list and streaming services. :happytv:

Jerry! Jerry!Jerry!

just kidding. Is that even on anymore?

Daytime tv is awful. If we had better streaming options, and I could still get local sports, I’d cut off our cable.

Is your day called Family Day? Ours in called Louis Riel day. This may be a dumb question, but do you know who that is? I imagine he’s less of a deal where you are as compared to here.

Yes I watch Days of Our Lives.
Its been entertaining me since I was in the womb lol.
In fact one of the actresses on it was a guest star on Knight Rider the night my mom went into labor.
Other than that show I don't watch much during the day.
Maybe a rerun of Love it or List it if its on.
Honestly I don't watch a ton of TV anymore in general.

I work during the day, but when I’m home I like to watch The Price is Right. I was also home today and I watched Strahan and Sara. It was okay. I’m with you, I spent a lot of time channel surfing; I couldn’t really find anything I wanted to watch.

Jerry! Jerry!Jerry!

just kidding. Is that even on anymore?

Daytime tv is awful. If we had better streaming options, and I could still get local sports, I’d cut off our cable.

Is your day called Family Day? Ours in called Louis Riel day. This may be a dumb question, but do you know who that is? I imagine he’s less of a deal where you are as compared to here.
Are you even really from Manitoba?!? :lmao:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Rebellion

I don't spend much time at home during the weekdays or watch much tv but I did see tv gold couple weeks ago with Dr. Phil. Some guy on there was "Goose Wayne Batman" and his girl wasn't sure she wanted to marry him. It did make me feel better about my life choices.

I don't spend much time at home during the weekdays or watch much tv but I did see tv gold couple weeks ago with Dr. Phil. Some guy on there was "Goose Wayne Batman" and his girl wasn't sure she wanted to marry him. It did make me feel better about my life choices.
That's hilarious Tina! :rotfl2:Thanks for the laugh.

Dr. Phil has gotten really lame over the years. Between his topics which are always either sensationalistic or repetitive and his endless hawking for Robyn's skincare line, I'm pretty much over it.

My Wife turns on stuff like Property Brothers or House Hunters just for background noise while she works. Sometimes ends up playing Judge Judy late in the afternoon. That show is so deep into reruns that I recognize them even though I only walk through the room occasionally.

The king of daytime TV is and always shall be The Price is Right! As long as we have that, a day at home will alwasy be welcome.

Everything else is indeed pretty worthless.

I watch 3 of the 4 remaining soaps. I DVR them and watch at night after work. I’ve been a soap fan since the late ‘60s. On the rare occasion that I’m home during the day I would watch various FNC programs, Judge Judy and I would check out what’s on TCM.

My go to is Food Network or those reruns....always have SVU, Criminal Minds and NCIS to watch. I can watch a couple of minutes and I know which one it is.
Or Netflix and movies

That's hilarious Tina! :rotfl2:Thanks for the laugh.

Dr. Phil has gotten really lame over the years. Between his topics which are always either sensationalistic or repetitive and his endless hawking for Robyn's skincare line, I'm pretty much over it.

I used to watch him because he was still acting like a dr and actually giving advice. Now he’s like a live action version of the Enquirer. His teeth are way over bleached too..probably uses one of Robins products lol

Last edited:
I used to watch him because he was still acting like a dr and actually giving advice. Now he’s like a lot better action version of the Enquirer. His teeth are way over bleached too..probably uses one of Robins products lol
Kinda catty :blush: but do you feel like they're both hitting the botox a little too hard? Maybe it's actually surgery in Robin's case - she barely even looks like her former self and I don't remember her being anywhere near so thin. :confused3

I'm pretty sure I haven't watched anything on live TV for at least ten years. When I read the thread the first thing that ran through my mind was "wait a minute TV's different during the day..."

Well, Daytime is the most profitable time for the TV networks, so a whole lot of people are watching. But of course, the production costs of Daytime TV shows are much lower than Prime time too. Most recent figures I can find are for 2016 for Judge Judy. It made $244.7 million dollars for CBS that year. And that is just one show.

Daytime and Weekends really are bad for tv. I usually watch stuff that recorded during the week nights.

Sometimes watch The View and record Days of Our lives everyday so I can fast forward through the boring parts...lol

Did see Marlyn Denis is having a grand daughter , they did a gender reveal today.

Kinda catty :blush: but do you feel like they're both hitting the botox a little too hard? Maybe it's actually surgery in Robin's case - she barely even looks like her former self and I don't remember her being anywhere near so thin. :confused3

She is definitely in a doctors office on a regular basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter