Days with Donald May 2020 Exercise Challenge

20 minutes for me (550/600) and congrats to sophy1996 and Elizabeth Smith - we've all reached 90% of goal!! :car: :car: :car:

:cheer2: Team total is 14,680, and 112%!!!

A random Donald Duck fact -
"Did you know that Donald Duck was modeled after a real duck species? Donald is an American Pekin, to be exact. This breed of duck actually has its origins in China but became a popular commercial duck choice for U.S. breeders after being brought over in the late 1800s. Pekin ducks are recognizable by their large bodies (larger than most other duck breeds) and their white (or sometimes creamy colored) plumage."
https://howtodisney.com/10-things-you-should-know-about-walt-disneys-donald-duck-2/

A whopping 10 minutes for me yesterday (560/600) - but I find it really helps me to preserve the routine, even if I don't have "enough" time - so short is better than nothing!

Congrats to piglet1979 on reaching goal!! :jumping1:

:cheer2: And the team as whole continues to do great: over 15 thousand minutes!!

We stand at 115%, which might actually be the highest I've ever hosted.

For our Saturday Donald fun, here's a tutorial on how to draw Donald yourself:

If you would like to, please feel free to post a pic of your results!!

This week flew by! My updates:

Tues, 5/26: 208 minutes
Wed, 5/27: 129 minutes
Thurs, 5/28: 153 minutes
Fri, 5/29: 148 minutes
Sat, 5/30: <TBD>
Sun, 5/31: <TBD>
Totals through 5/29: 4769/3500 minutes

All horsey-related and yard work. It was a very hot week ("extreme heat warning" for Tues-Fri with temps running mid-90s for most of the week, peaking to 98 on Wed). I was running irrigation manually repeatedly over the same sections as the yard turned rather "crispy" even Tuesday afternoon. Miserable hot winds. Bleck. It smelled of tinder. It smelled like a fire had already run through.

In other news, the Big Sr's bloodwork came back within normal range on all but a couple items. IR is ruled out entirely ... but Cushings, while inside of normal range, was on the high side of normal. I'll adjust feed and exercise for now, look for natural support for his system and we'll retest each spring. He is gaining weight quickly on the wet feed but can't reach the recommended portions. He just walks away from it. I'm still tweaking the practice.

Did the walking video on Friday, for 15 minutes.
Had planned to walk on the boardwalk today before we headed to the seafood coop for the lobster special - I really wanted lobster today. But, man plans & God laughs - just before we left, I decided to water the flower pots. As I reached in to the hanging baskets, I got tangled in the hose, fell over another pot, and landed square in the beautiful peonies. A scene from the Three Stooges, to be sure. I sprained my wrist and thumb - luckily the wrist didn't break! My knee is complaining, too. So, I'll finish the month - on the couch - with 545/600.
I'll definitely try to do the Donald drawing when I can hold a pencil!

BonnieF - Glad it wasn't more serious, and hope you're OK soon!! (The "like" is just to keep track of numbers.) And you still reached Raging Red! :car:

25 minutes for me = 585/600

Team stats:
15,772 minutes :cheer2:
120% :cheer2:

A recap of Donald over the years:

Thanks! Much better today, although my thumb is twice its normal size. at least it doesn't hurt too much. And, I understand the 'like' - it's good way to keep track.

I remember beach season passes! In the 60s and 70s they were hard plastic chips that you had to pin to your swimwear. The rental house we visited (on repeat, every summer) on Long Beach Island (Surf City area) included them with the rental.

Your wait in line sounds miserable and worrying. Glad you are safe!

It was actually kind of fun - lots of camaraderie on the line. The passes are a lovely periwinkle this year! And, oh, shore houses back then! We went to Ortley Beach - just north of Seaside Heights - my mother and her sister, 8 kids between them plus assorted cousins in a 2 bedroom bungalow! My father and uncle would go crabbing all day Saturday (hmm, I wonder why!). How did we do it??? But what fun we had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts