Daylight Savings Time Change While on Cruise

masylimed

Mouseketeer
Do the Caribbean cruises recognize daylight savings time? I think we "fall back" while we are on our cruise and want sure how that worked. Thanks!

Do the Caribbean cruises recognize daylight savings time? I think we "fall back" while we are on our cruise and want sure how that worked. Thanks!
Typically, if you cross time zones, you will reset your watches/clocks at night when that happens.

If there's a time change, they will either add another time change to the cruise, or eliminate one, to put you on the correct time in ports.

FYI - when you travel west (WBPC, WBTA, WBHawaii, etc.) you gain an hour as you cross a time zone rather than lose one. We always feel we squeezed a bit more out of the cruise that direction than if we went east. I know, I'm crazy, but this is another detail you might add to your planning. You will get a note on your bed the night before the change telling you which way to set your clock/watch. We haven't been through a savings time change while on ship, but the mouse knows and will keep you informed.

Also, it might sometimes happen that you are not synchronized with the local time. Ship time is not necessarily local time.

Your stateroom attendant will leave a card near the bed table clock telling you what to do. The Navigator will also feature a mention.

Ok this has nothing to do with cruises really, but for interest sake. When I was in the engine room in the Navy, we took hourly logs. Any underways we had we never changed time if we were going back to the same port. However, if we ended up in a different port, we would just change the time zones all at once the night before. Our logs looked really wacky when we crossed the international date line, but it was still easier than adjusting every time we crossed a time zone. Keep in mind, we were often at sea for weeks/months at a time (submarines) and didn't see the sun rise or fall, so jumping ahead or back a number of hours was more a matter of paperwork than anything else.

You will get a note on your bed the night before the change telling you which way to set your clock/watch. We haven't been through a savings time change while on ship, but the mouse knows and will keep you informed.

I was going to say THIS. I've had the same experience on Pacific crossings/Hawaii cruises. :cutie:

Ok this has nothing to do with cruises really, but for interest sake. When I was in the engine room in the Navy, we took hourly logs. Any underways we had we never changed time if we were going back to the same port. However, if we ended up in a different port, we would just change the time zones all at once the night before. Our logs looked really wacky when we crossed the international date line, but it was still easier than adjusting every time we crossed a time zone. Keep in mind, we were often at sea for weeks/months at a time (submarines) and didn't see the sun rise or fall, so jumping ahead or back a number of hours was more a matter of paperwork than anything else.
I once slept overnight on a sub (Blueback) here, in Portland, OR with my grandson's scout troop. Gotta admit, it was truly different...heard all kinds of weird sounds from the water outside and when they turned the lights out, they were OUT...no light through the windows in the morning, either. Unlike DCL, there were no hidden Mickeys. Thanks for your service!! Spent my service time with the Army in Germany.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter