• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day2

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Report Day 2

Well needless to say we overslept ! Awoke at 7. 45 too late to make Fantasy Land breakfast. DS still asleep so decide to leave him until he wakes. Ring reception to check on breakfast situation. It’s OK we can have breakfast in hotel instead - anytime before 10.30. Sigh of relief, although I don’t normally eat breakfast it is a requirement on holiday - well a habit, I guess.

DH & I get organised and wake DS at 9.15. Decide that it may not have been a good idea to stay up for Wishes on our first night, DS is so tired.

Decide to eat breakfast in Beavers creek, no queue, given a table near the window. Very impressed with surroundings and plenty of choice for breakfast. Can’t find forks to eat with, and decide on looking around maybe it is tradition for the French to use fingers and spoon and knife and spoonto eat their meat. Eventually spot someone who is using a fork and breathe a sigh of relief, all we have to do now is find the forks. Locate them next to the meat. How come we missed them earlier, still looking around the room clearly we are not the only people to overlook them - at least we went to look for them - others seemed happy to use fingers , spoon and knife. Also find tea- bags - great- I love my cup of tea in the morning. DS tucks into breakfast much more awake now. The fruit salad is delicious, we eat our fill and leave.. Another hot day ! DS and I sit outside while DH goes to get the rucksack (sorry folks we did use one, I don’t think too many people got bashed) Talk to a gentleman and his son, he says he can’t wait to get home - and his son has driven him mad because he is such a fussy eater and the heat was too much (Oh dear) We decide to walk to the Parks, once again the balloon is up and DS asks if he can go on it. “NO”

Walk through the village ( not my favourite place ) to me it doesn’t seem very Disney- I’d much prefer Disney music to the night club stuff that they blast out. It always seems a cross between Disney village and Pleasure Island at WDW and I think it would have been nicer to keep the two things separate here too. Anyway that’s my gripe.

We enter the park and decide to take the train right around the park given that it is already in the station. No queue and we hop on. I always love the train it is more serene than coping with the crowds in general, it soon becomes very apparent that the park is crowded again today.

We decide to stay on and get off in Frontierland, BTM being the attraction of course. FP secured, what do we do now ? Locate Indiana Jones ride, not easy to find even with the map- I breathe a sigh of relief that DS is about a foot too short,he on the other hand is devastated and demands to know why he is such a dwarf. Cheer him up with a visit to the Tarzan show, although his view is restricted behind a pillor he is enthralled by the acrobatic gymnastics and the moves on the trampoline and identifies all the moves that he makes in his classes. ( He is a acrobatic gymnast and does 12 hours training a week also 4 hours a week training in a trampolining club, no way is he going to get heart disease if it can be avoided - fore warned is forearmed we hope ) Anyway he leaves full of the joys of spring having decided that one day he is going to be in the Tarzan show. He decides that soon he will have a six-pack like Tarzan ! Actually for an eight year old he has quite an amazing body, at least that is what I am told by men who see his six pack and are very jealous! His brothers are pretty impressed too, and of course he likes to show it off.

We hit the POC, again with no queue, and decide that the ride has some fairly adult themeing in places ie The men fighting over the lady in one of the upstairs rooms. I look longingly at the Blue Lagoon, it looks such a nice place to eat - if only there wasn’t so much sea food on the menu. Back to BTM, this time our FP pays off.

Head off to Phantom manner, about to enter when door is slammed shut in DS’s face by a very scarey looking person. DS is a little taken aback but then starts to laugh. Soon we are allowed to enter, the ride is great and when we get off we go to look at the tomb stones, they make very comical reading.

Decide to take a look at Space Mountain, oops DS a inch to short this time, another sigh of relief from me but another retort from DS this time he wants to know why he is Gollum !(Lord of the rings)

Ok, I know we walk miles further than we need to, but it beats queuing, we have a policy of never standing in a queue for more than 15 minutes, OK so we’re miserable.

We head back to the hotel for some R&R. This time on the bus, it is so hot and our feet are seriously aching.

We head back to the park on the bus but by now it is really crowded and very hot. We take a slow stroll around, PP has a very long queue, in fact everywhere does and so we decide to head back to the hotel for an early night stopping off at McDonalds for some proper food.

DS who has been very good all day now the excitement has worn off a little along with the desire to do everything in one day.

He asks again to do the balloon and is told that we will do it tomorrow. We eat our McDonalds and head back to the hotel. Once again we fall into bed. My how my feet ache!

Agree with you about the music in DV - we walked past Cafe Mickey one morening to hear an Avril Lavigne song blasting out with the word 'sh*t' in it - that may not be a lot to some people but I was pretty shocked to hear it at Disney in a Cafe that attracts a ton of kids.

I was looking longingly at the Blue Lagoon too - my favourite restaurant and I had a jippy yummy - menu looked ace too, for a seafood lover like myself.

Great reading again :)

Well done on another busy day!! For future reference, and though I know some people on this board object to this, you can actually use your Fantasyland breakfast pass at any time even if you miss the time it says on your voucher as long as it's before 10.30.

I know what you mean about the music in the Village. I would much rather have Disney music playing!

I guess it is to attract all the locals etc? Create a party atmosphere, sort of thing?

It sounds like the heat was a problem :(

I used to quite like the music in the Disney Village - you get plenty of Disney music in the parks (and hotel lifts!!) But I do think that songs containing swear words or coarse lyrics shouldn't be played until later in the evening.

Sounds like you had a fun day! :flower:

Ok, I know we walk miles further than we need to, but it beats queuing, we have a policy of never standing in a queue for more than 15 minutes, OK so we’re miserable.

You're not miserable, I'm behind you 100%! Anyway when the surroundings are so nice who wants to be stuck in a queue!

Thanks for Day 2, can't wait for the next part. :goodvibes

Kaye

Another great installment.
Glad you brought up the subject of DV. When we were there the DJ in the afternoon was doing my head in :sad2: Much better if Disney music was played.

Reid

Another great report Dee.:goodvibes

I had stupidly just assumed Disney music would be played in Disney Village.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter