• Go soak up the Parisian Disney magic.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • You’re nuts!

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

madame_jedi

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I am a Canadian Disnerd making my first trip overseas this August to visit a friend in London. I have been to WDW and DL several times and I am really keen to go to DLP. My friend is not interested in going with me so in the interest of saving time and not spending money on a hotel, I am trying to figure out how to do a day trip. As far as I can tell, the Eurostar won’t get me to DLP any earlier than 11:30am and the last train back to London is around 6:50pm. That will give me 7 hours in the park tops. Am I crazy to even consider this? I am most interested in DLP specific attractions and do not care if I miss the attractions that overlap with WDW and DL.

Advice?

I don’t know, DLP is so much more than just attractions. It is so detailed, having only 7 hrs there would be just too rushed for me to enjoy it. Have you looked at some of the offsite hotels in Val d’Europe? They can be very cost effective (<$100) and close enough to either walk or 1 stop via the train. That would at least give you most of a day, and depending on return trip time, you could also do a morning.

Have you looked at getting the eurostar into Paris city centre (gare du nord) and then change to the other train the RER to get into disneyland? You could probably get there earlier and have even more park time? :) the train back into st pancras from gare du nord runs much later too i think.

A day trip would definitely be do-able if you didnt mind the travelling :) tiring but possible!

I looked into it just now. The trains are not that much earlier (10:17am arrival in Paris and 9:00pm departure from Paris) And with transferring stations (Gare du Nord to Gare de Lyon) there isn’t a lot of time saved and way more risk of getting lost/mixed up.

It was a good thought though.

Have you looked at getting the eurostar into Paris city centre (gare du nord) and then change to the other train the RER to get into disneyland? You could probably get there earlier and have even more park time? :) the train back into st pancras from gare du nord runs much later too i think.

A day trip would definitely be do-able if you didnt mind the travelling :) tiring but possible!

Crazy thought but have you looked at airfare to see if any of the budget carries flying into either Paris airport have good rates. Even if one way it might work out.

I would say, check out flying. Either with a low cost airline or use frequent flyer Miles.

Do it! I'll be in London for 10 days and my friend and I decided to go to DLP. We're spending 1 night at Newport Bay Club though- I think a day trip would be pretty tiring.

Have fun!

Im assuming you realise that those train times are for an indirect train so you will have to change at Lille. Usually you have to check in for the Eurostar at least an hour before departure as you have to go through passport control and security etc however with the indirect train your first leg (to Lille) is internal so I dont think this will apply but its worth checking. You will then go through passport control etc in Lille

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!